World War III

Started by DiskoStew, 10-12-2010

DiskoStew

Do you think it will happen? If so, between what Nations?

Turkey

It's bound to happen in the future. But not soon.

I bet it will be the Germans or the Koreans. They like starting shit.

NeQ

Quote from: DiskoStew on 10-12-2010
Do you think it will happen? If so, between what Nations?
No. At the moment, the chance is a small one. And I HIGHLY doubt that it will be started by the Germans. The country which will most likely start it now is North Korea.

jaik

The chance isn't exactly "small", altho I believe there are people in HGN who know much more about this than me.
Iran could be a reason to its beginning.

Oh and the situation between NK and SK will continue to be exactly the same as it was before.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Cutch

Although there ARE radicals out there, the chances are slim any of them will risk nuclear war. Every country that has nuclear ICBMs is well aware that another one does. For instance, if NK fired a nuclear ICBM at the United States, the US would retaliate(seeing as how we have the most nuclear warheads out of any other country).

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Solidus

Although it's just a video game, Homefront actually depicts the scenario of WWIII accurately, or at least frighteningly realistic.

Homefront E3 2010 Backstory Trailer [HD]

NeQ

Lawl, Kim Jong Un doesn't look like that. :P

Blackflunk

Koreans will go in war, Europe and USA will rush in and help south korea, and China will help north Korea.
Ladies, please.

DiskoStew

What about Russia? Russia could easily invade North America, starting there invasion from Alaska. MW2 and BFBC2 are all about the russians invading the United States.

lolKieck

Quote from: DiskoStew on 11-12-2010
What about Russia? Russia could easily invade North America, starting there invasion from Alaska. MW2 and BFBC2 are all about the russians invading the United States.
Nope.
Invasion of Russia/China against USA is Fallout franchise.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Nargotah

Quote from: knife_cz on 11-12-2010
WW 3?*boom nuke here* boom nuke there* boom earth explodes*..dunno maybe USA will try to take over world?

we're way too lazy to try that you fuppin kidding me?

Goose

I doubt china would help North Korea as their money and economy would die over night, Think about how much stuff , U.S.A, Canada, and England buy from them, Over night that would stop if they started aiding the North Korean forces, Their Yen would become worth even less then it is now, Economically it would be suicide.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

DiskoStew

Quote from: Goose on 11-12-2010
I doubt china would help North Korea as their money and economy would die over night, Think about how much stuff , U.S.A, Canada, and England buy from them, Over night that would stop if they started aiding the North Korean forces, Their Yen would become worth even less then it is now, Economically it would be suicide.
In other words, World War 3 would begin :P

lolKieck

Quote from: DiskoStew on 12-12-2010
Quote from: Goose on 11-12-2010
In other words, World War 3 would begin :P
You don't get it.
China's interests aren't in helping NK.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Solidus

Just because they share the same political parties doesn't mean they'd fight a suicide war for the lulz.

China North Korea

If anything would happen with NK, they'd try annexing other Asian countries.

Cutch

Anyway, North Korea has virtually no military strength. While you see all those parades of a million soldiers, you don't see the other starving people because of all the embargos countries have on them.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Nova

There will be a World War III and it will most likely begin while we're still alive. My guess aswell, is that it's either North Korea, Pakistan, Russia or America (Yes, you heard correct, America) that's going to start the war.

Paintcheck

No. World War 3 will never happen, at least not in the sense of huge nation states battling each other like in WW2 or WW1.

China and America are too economically linked. If US froze China's assets, then the US would be economically fucked as China owns 60ish percent of our debt. Likewise, if China decided to collect on our debt tomorrow, it would go bankrupt since the US wouldn't be able to afford to import China's shit. That's called mutually assured destruction and it wouldn't even lead to war, just economic ruination.

What IS likely to happen is one of those small, useless rogue states with big guns to start shit like Korea nuking South Korea or Iran nuking Israel. That could start something major but a world war seems unlikely since most of those rogue states do not have strong allies. Yes China supported NK but in the event of a nuclear exchange between SK and NK China would want nothing to do with anything, lest the US impose a trade embargo/otherwise fuck China up. Some of those wikileaks documents were from China and Chinese officials basically said NK is a useless ally that is an embarrassment for them to be associated with.

Russia wouldn't attack the US, our military is so vastly superior to theirs in the wake of the Cold War that they'd have no chance at all other than possibly trying to nuke us. But they wouldn't gain anything by doing so and would likely only end the world as the US retaliation redefines "Blasted back to the Stone Age".

In the age of Globalism we live in, states are too connected to actually go to war since it would do more harm than good. What would these nations gain from attacking the US/what would the US gain by attacking them? A shit load of dead civilians and possibly a bunch of irradiated wastelands. And nothing more. If one of those rogue states did something regrettably nuclear, the rest of the world would assfuck them so hard that it wouldn't even be called a war. If Israel got nuked, I'd feel sorry for whatever Middle Eastern country did it because they'd cease to exist meaningfully once Israel got done with them. NK vs. SK seems more likely but I think the UN would probably have something to say about a nuclear exchange, and very likely China and Russia would, too. Unless NK dreams of nuclear suicide they wouldn't dare.

Solidus

Quote from: Paintcheck on 16-12-2010
No. World War 3 will never happen, at least not in the sense of huge nation states battling each other like in WW2 or WW1.

China and America are too economically linked. If US froze China's assets, then the US would be economically fucked as China owns 60ish percent of our debt. Likewise, if China decided to collect on our debt tomorrow, it would go bankrupt since the US wouldn't be able to afford to import China's shit. That's called mutually assured destruction and it wouldn't even lead to war, just economic ruination.

What IS likely to happen is one of those small, useless rogue states with big guns to start shit like Korea nuking South Korea or Iran nuking Israel. That could start something major but a world war seems unlikely since most of those rogue states do not have strong allies. Yes China supported NK but in the event of a nuclear exchange between SK and NK China would want nothing to do with anything, lest the US impose a trade embargo/otherwise fuck China up. Some of those wikileaks documents were from China and Chinese officials basically said NK is a useless ally that is an embarrassment for them to be associated with, blah blah blah.
Yeah, but North Korea's leaders are probably mentally ill. Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong Un wouldn't rather care about nuclear suicide.
I agree, the possibility of a large-scale war is rather diminished, seeing as China won't cut their assets with America, nor will Russia want to engage in a conflict with America. Smaller wars, however, are likely between Israel and Iran, NK and SK, etc.
I totally agree, yet North Korea's leaders don't mind going balls deep. They'd be the first to do something stupid, leading to their annihilation.

Steven :D

I thought Russia and the US signed some sort of pact that established a maximum amount of intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) each could have. If Russia wanted to nuke The United States then they would have have a pretty much equal chance of blowing eachother up unless they have some other ICBM's to intercept the nuclear warheads. Like Paintcheck said, China wants nothing to do with North Korea if they go nuclear, and I'm pretty sure that North Korea recently threatened South Korea saying that if there was going to be a war, it would probably go nuclear. If NK decided to give bombs to Iran or any of those middle eastern countries, you can bet that the US will most likely want to go intercept that because they don't want weapons like that in the hands of rouge states. I recently saw a documentary of some people going on a mission in North Korea to help some thousand blind people with Cataracts or such in their eyes, two americans were allowed to come along with a doctor to help them. In almost every room there is picture of their 'General' or 'Faithful Leader' and they bow to it whenever they move to a different room. There were NO chairs at all and everyone looked like they were starving in that home, its like Kim-Jong-Il has is own cult of Koreans that he somehow brainwashed.

TL;DR if you wish, but here's the point: Kim Il Sung Dies
North Korea is fucked up.

Solidus

How to kill all of North Korea and prevent WWIII:

Show them this link: http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Evildoer_Korea

Then again, they can't afford to eat once in a blue moon, nevermind computers.

Smithy

No World War Three....If it was declared it would be over in a matter of Minutes or hours.
They only have to press a button and they can shoot nuculear weapons over to each country, Not hard and it would destroy the whole world....
:| Thats how I would put it.
'Dweller'
KIA, Body not found. PDA Discovered.
-------------------------------------------------------
Kergert - Initiate Kergert Active.
Location unknown.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Jester
Active/Alive - Location zone sector
Urban Mercnary Suit|Groza|Vogs attached

Turkey

Quote from: Smithy on 23-12-2010
No World War Three....If it was declared it would be over in a matter of Minutes or hours.
They only have to press a button and they can shoot nuculear weapons over to each country, Not hard and it would destroy the whole world....
:| Thats how I would put it.
lol'd

deluxulous

1:46-3:36 is the important part.
That scene from War Games

And this is why WWIII would be a disaster.