World War III

Started by DiskoStew, 10-12-2010

DiskoStew

True Dat :P

Solidus

However, a world war does not completely constitute an all-out nuclear war. It could be another conventional war.

The only requirements for a war to be called a world-war would be if, well, the entire world was involved, or at least the vast majority.

Goose

The thing about conventional wars, as stated above, There is no point, China and USA are to economicaly connected, and if some random country attacked say Isreal they would retaliate by blowing them to tiny peices of nothingness The point is there is really no use or point to conventional wars, Afgahnistan is one of the last few conventional wars its hard to even be considered a war as they are "Fighting" an unseen enemy who use ambush tactis and car bombs, I talked to a guy who came back from Afgahnistan and said that he had been ambushed 4 times in one day and he is surprised he is still alive, They hardly saw the enemy to shoot back at most of the time they would jump out fire and run its not like it used to be with full out firefights lasting hours.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

eroticduck

World War 1 happened because of alliances. Germany pressured Austria-Hungary for military actions against a nation allied with Russia. Russia declared war, and so did the nations allied to Russia. Beforehand, there was strides in keeping a balance of power in Europe.

If we are to looking into the future, then we should look into the past. In which countries does the above seem similar to? I feel that a World-wide war cannot break out due to too many positive relations and the spread of Globalization.

gnomebutts

world war 1 happened because of a lot of different things; colonialism, militarism and competition between Britain and Germany had a lot more to do with it than Austria-Hungary attacking Russia lol

regarding nuclear war, nobody actually wants/plans to use nuclear weapons. the cold war is solid proof of that  :tick:

Turkey

Who do you think WW3 is going to be between then? Erotic duck.

eroticduck

Quote from: gnomebutts on 02-02-2011
world war 1 happened because of a lot of different things; colonialism, militarism and competition between Britain and Germany had a lot more to do with it than Austria-Hungary attacking Russia lol

Exactly my point.

Quote from: Turkey on 02-02-2011
Who do you think WW3 is going to be between then? Erotic duck.

Perhaps between many African states, and each part of the world picks sides. That would be interesting.

gnomebutts

I doubt that war in Africa would start the third world war.

eroticduck

I doubt that war in Africa would start the third world war.

Me too. It would be interesting if it did though.

Regardless, Africa is a hotbed of violence.

gnomebutts

yeah, it's violent, but it doesn't really impact the rest of the world

[size=0pt]because they're black and no one cares [/size]

eroticduck

l0l

Bl★ck Star

I hope ww3 starts somewhere far away, as there will be no Military... It will be just bombs ... Atombombs everywhere.

So when it's far away like Africa I am going to watch it live on tv because I am bored, while I sit in my Biohazard suit with a gasmask on and a Oxygen tank on my back.  Have fun Africans, lol.

eroticduck

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 02-02-2011
I hope ww3 starts somewhere far away, as there will be no Military... It will be just bombs ... Atombombs everywhere.

So when it's far away like Africa I am going to watch it live on tv because I am bored, while I sit in my Biohazard suit with a gasmask on and a Oxygen tank on my back.  Have fun Africans, lol.

I doubt the Africans are going to fight. They have always been, and most likely will always be, pawns in other nations' games.

lolKieck

Inb4 ban for racism.
Quote from: eroticduck on 02-02-2011
Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 02-02-2011

I doubt the Africans are going to fight. They have always been, and most likely will always be, pawns in other nations' games.
You guys would sacrifice whole fucking world for a retaliation for lulz ?
Metal Gear Solid is pretty much good example of what would happen if USA/USSR would launch ICBMs.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

darkzerxx

the most likely to start WWIII would be the koreans in my opion
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Turkey

Quote from: darkzerxx on 03-02-2011

A lot of people also think that, It's a interesting topic.

darkzerxx

Quote from: Turkey on 03-02-2011

A lot of people also think that, It's a interesting topic.
Its A big one too, Had a hour long argument with a debate student on it.

eroticduck

Quote from: lolKieck on 03-02-2011
You guys would sacrifice whole fucking world for a retaliation for lulz ?
Metal Gear Solid is pretty much good example of what would happen if USA/USSR would launch ICBMs.

Well, the USSR doesn't exist anymore. And, Africa has always been a victim of imperialism. Each nation feels their culture is better than any other, and Africa seems like a prime target because it appears that they have very little of that.

I disagree. I feel that Korea just wants to be left alone and are using their weapons as a bargaining chip. They would never use them, for that would get them destroyed.

darkzerxx

I disagree. I feel that Korea just wants to be left alone and are using their weapons as a bargaining chip. They would never use them, for that would get them destroyed.
[/quote]

But Its not out of the qustion because In recent months they have done things motioning to want to start a war.

NeQ

North Korea has done shit many things to South Korea after the Korean War, and it still didn't lead to a world war. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_border_incidents_involving_North_Korea <~

darkzerxx

Quote from: NeQ on 03-02-2011
North Korea has done shit many things to South Korea after the Korean War, and it still didn't lead to a world war. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_border_incidents_involving_North_Korea <~
True but over time South korea will call on america to actualy do somthing to help since we did sign a agreement with them if they in trouble we have to help.

gnomebutts

Korea doesn't mean anything to anybody except for Korea. Every once in a while they do something stupid, but all it does is alienate them from their allies and make everyone else just shake their head. China would not get roped into a war with Korea, it's counter productive. They have a lot of economic momentum and they rely on the West to keep it going. A war with them started because of KOREA will not happen. Pseudo-intellectuals like to sound smart by saying that all the time, but you have to analyze things further than the headlines in the news. I'll say it again - NOBODY intends on actually using nuclear weapons. They're just a scare tactic and always have been. Just take a look at the Cold War. If anyone was going to use nuclear weapons it was during then, but they didn't.

One would be foolish to think that we're on the cusp of a third world war. The political situation globally is pretty stable and countries are a lot friendlier with each other than they were in the past, I'd say.

darkzerxx

Quote from: gnomebutts on 03-02-2011
Korea doesn't mean anything to anybody except for Korea. Every once in a while they do something stupid, but all it does is alienate them from their allies and make everyone else just shake their head. China would not get roped into a war with Korea, it's counter productive. They have a lot of economic momentum and they rely on the West to keep it going. A war with them started because of KOREA will not happen. Pseudo-intellectuals like to sound smart by saying that all the time, but you have to analyze things further than the headlines in the news. I'll say it again - NOBODY intends on actually using nuclear weapons. They're just a scare tactic and always have been. Just take a look at the Cold War. If anyone was going to use nuclear weapons it was during then, but they didn't.

One would be foolish to think that we're on the cusp of a third world war. The political situation globally is pretty stable and countries are a lot friendlier with each other than they were in the past, I'd say.
Good point, Then Who do you think would Startnthe war?

gnomebutts

It's hard to say right now because, like I said, I don't think anyone has a reason to start a world war.

eroticduck

Good point, Then Who do you think would Startnthe war?

No one. The United States wants peace for all democratic nations, and it will browbeat any nation with its superior economy and military who gets out of line. There honestly could not be a large-scale war in the situation we're in.