UK n' Muslims.

Started by Knife_cz, 10-05-2013

Plunger

Quote from: Jake on 28-08-2013
Quote from: Plunger on 28-08-2013
The problem is that people perceive Muslims as being a danger, or burden on society when the truth is that this image is only perpetuated when extremists make the news. We never hear the stories about the good Muslims who act just like everyone else, we hear about the bad ones that do something over the line because it's an attention grabber. The issue is other cultures have the same occurrence, they just aren't reported on as much.
don't put anti-islam sentiment into the majority or even close to it. you're also closing your eyes on a lot of problems that were already pointed out here by saying 'oh the media just likes to point out the bad apples', which is also wrong. crimes committed by minorities are in fact under reported and down played, most don't even reach mainstream media in any way and maybe get some attention in local media. however if we take native crimes against foreigners, then it reaches the headlines of every media outlet. take zimmerman's case for example, all he essentially did was shoot a potential black thug in his neighborhood. this of course was overblown by the media as white discrimination against blacks, despite zimmerman not even being white.

saying that these people are exceptional/extremists would be a blind understatement
Muslim criminal gangs destroying Sweden and Scandinavia as a whole

Take for example the myriad of crazy other religions, the Pentecostals, a sect of Christianity, who tell people to stop taking their HIV medicines and not to get treatment for their diseases. There's the West Boro baptist church who protest funerals of soldiers and just ask for people to beat them so they can sue, there are the cults like the Peoples Temple who did a mass suicide because of sheer craziness. There are a lot of people who give their religions bad names, but that doesn't mean everyone that's a part of it is inherently bad.

just like any organized religion, cults are about earning money. the examples you've brought aren't related to the topic.
And yet issues such as the 'ground zero mosque', are blown wildly out of proportion, and events like the Boston Marathon Bombing show the media and internet both  pointing out anyone with brown skin colours and bags claiming them to be the bombers. There is clearly some form of bias against Muslims present in the media.

And in dealing with crime I can break down the statistics.

48,000,000 people are over the age of 10.

88% of those people are Caucasian.

1.6% of those people are in the Other category, which includes Muslims.

Now there were 1,400,000 arrests two years ago.

79.6% of those arrests were Caucasian.

1.5% of them were Other.

That means 1,114,400 arrests of Caucasians, and only 21,000 arrests of Other (Which includes both Muslims, and eastern Chinese).

Which in total means that 2.73% of all Caucasians will be arrested, and 2.63% of all Other's will be arrested.

Recreas

The problem is that people perceive Muslims as being a danger, or burden on society when the truth is that this image is only perpetuated when extremists make the news. We never hear the stories about the good Muslims who act just like everyone else, we hear about the bad ones that do something over the line because it's an attention grabber. The issue is other cultures have the same occurrence, they just aren't reported on as much.
don't put anti-islam sentiment into the majority or even close to it. you're also closing your eyes on a lot of problems that were already pointed out here by saying 'oh the media just likes to point out the bad apples', which is also wrong. crimes committed by minorities are in fact under reported and down played, most don't even reach mainstream media in any way and maybe get some attention in local media. however if we take native crimes against foreigners, then it reaches the headlines of every media outlet. take zimmerman's case for example, all he essentially did was shoot a potential black thug in his neighborhood. this of course was overblown by the media as white discrimination against blacks, despite zimmerman not even being white.

saying that these people are exceptional/extremists would be a blind understatement

Take for example the myriad of crazy other religions, the Pentecostals, a sect of Christianity, who tell people to stop taking their HIV medicines and not to get treatment for their diseases. There's the West Boro baptist church who protest funerals of soldiers and just ask for people to beat them so they can sue, there are the cults like the Peoples Temple who did a mass suicide because of sheer craziness. There are a lot of people who give their religions bad names, but that doesn't mean everyone that's a part of it is inherently bad.

just like any organized religion, cults are about earning money. the examples you've brought aren't related to the topic.
And yet issues such as the 'ground zero mosque', are blown wildly out of proportion, and events like the Boston Marathon Bombing show the media and internet both  pointing out anyone with brown skin colours and bags claiming them to be the bombers. There is clearly some form of bias against Muslims present in the media.

1.5% of them were Other.

That means 1,114,400 arrests of Caucasians, and only 21,000 arrests of Other (Which includes both Muslims, and eastern Chinese).

Which in total means that 2.73% of all Caucasians will be arrested, and 2.63% of all Other's will be arrested.

Kind of wondering what your source is, I also assume that you aren't talking about the whole world, because a lot of crimes aren't even reported and taken into account when statistics like those are formed.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Plunger

Quote from: Recreas on 29-08-2013

1.5% of them were Other.

Kind of wondering what your source is, I also assume that you aren't talking about the whole world, because a lot of crimes aren't even reported and taken into account when statistics like those are formed.
I'm only talking about the United Kingdom, and I'm using documents published by the Ministry of Justice.

nKe

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think you can get arrested (Kid arrests are rarely counted in the statistics because they serve their sentence after they've hit 18.) if you're under 17?

Plunger

Quote from: Nik3 on 29-08-2013

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think you can get arrested (Kid arrests are rarely counted in the statistics because they serve their sentence after they've hit 18.) if you're under 17?
Arrests are different then charges and convictions. Minors can be arrested but whether their charged with a crime or convicted is a different matter.

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

INA7HAN

Quote from: Jake on 17-09-2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-24130079

lmao jailed for 1 year because bacon
I'm planning on dressing like a pig and going into a mosque....

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Plunger

Quote from: INA7HAN on 18-09-2013
Quote from: Jake on 17-09-2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-24130079

lmao jailed for 1 year because bacon
I'm planning on dressing like a pig and going into a mosque....
What a dick thing to do. They don't care if you're dressed as a sheep, they only care about eating it, and touching it because it's perceived as unclean.