Gay Marriage

Started by Lent23, 08-05-2012

Lent23

I feel like this might be already done, but what do you guys think?
Why is it illegal for two people to marry if they're the same sex?
What's the difference between a man and a woman, a man and a man, and a woman and a woman?
Why is it okay for two women to be together but not two men?
Just what exactly is the big deal that the governments have with keeping two people who are in love from legally recognizing their love?
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Vortigoat

I think it isn't okay for a woman and woman or a man and man to be together because it's a disgrace.

gamerhead

Quote from: Vortigoat on 08-05-2012
I think it isn't okay for a woman and woman or a man and man to be together because it's a disgrace.

Why is it a disgrace?  I don't think it's right because god created adam and eve, not adam and steve.  I don't think that gay marriage is okay in any way shape of form, I just want to know why you think it is a disgrace?

Tom

Marriage is a (or should be) religious institution. Most religions aren't particularly fond of homosexuality (at least most the mainstream ones). I believe that homosexuals want the ability to have a "marriage" instead of the legal marriage type deal they have (forgot the name of it) to achieve the feeling or appearance of normality or alternatively cultural/social/religious acceptance of thier life style choices. Personally I would say I am against it.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Knife_cz

Of course it should be legal.
In past loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago Homosexuality was normal thing, then religion came and started hating on every gay.
Yes, blame religions for prejudices like this.

gamerhead

Quote from: knife_cz on 08-05-2012
In past loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago Homosexuality was normal thing, then religion came and started hating on every gay.

But why has it become a normal thing? because people make it out to be a normal thing.  Think about it, back in the 1900's you got beaten and lynched for it.  Now a days' you get a new set of hot girlfriends and a lisp.

Knife_cz

Quote from: gamerhead on 08-05-2012

But why has it become a normal thing? because people make it out to be a normal thing.  Think about it, back in the 1900's you got beaten and lynched for it.  Now a days' you get a new set of hot girlfriends and a lisp.
No you don't get my point, it WAS normal thing, but because of religion it is not anymore.

Zen

No you don't get my point, it WAS normal thing, but because of religion it is not anymore.

Your very wrong, in history Homosexuality was very oppressed; Nobody liked it and it was seen as a Sin. If you were homosexual you would have to hide it in fear of being beaten and having your house torched down.

gamerhead

Quote from: Zen on 08-05-2012

Your very wrong, in history Homosexuality was very oppressed; Nobody liked it and it was seen as a Sin. If you were homosexual you would have to hide it in fear of being beaten and having your house torched down.

This is what I just said...

Madcombat

Isnt that what he said though?  They allowed it before Christianity.

On subject, I think its ok.  As long as they stay the fuck away from me when doing gay shit.

Tom

By the logic of "it was okay before religion" then you are also saying this entire topic is irrelevant to begin with, at least that's how I see it.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Gonztah

Homosexuality was completely accepted in ancient Greece and maybe rome (Not sure)

Tom

Quote from: Gonztah on 08-05-2012

Homosexuality was completely accepted in ancient Greece and maybe rome (Not sure)

I don't recall if marriage was allowed though.
Oh boy.

jaik

(Religious) marriage itself is an ancient tradition that none should really care about at this point. Move on and realize that exchanging expensive rings and spending thousands on a masquerade isn't going to help your family in any way.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

lolKieck

You say religion is all evil yet you asked me if I'm christian, and after that if I hate people of other sex orientation. You say religion is the source of all prejudices?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Zen

Excuse me everybody, I am a devoted Catholic and I openly hate homosexuals. TOO THE POINT WHERE IF A HOMOSEXUAL COMES ROUND MY HOUSE I PUT PLASTIC ON THE SEATS AND TOWLS ON THE TOILET BOWL.

Otto

Wait, what?  Can I have a source please? 

Religion has been around forever, so you must be thinking back to when we were fucking apes or something because that logic is retarded.

Corocan

Apparently North Carolina banned Gay Marriage.

Discuss.

Paintcheck

So did California and several other states.

Nothing to discuss. People are close-minded and stupid. /thread.

Silver Knight

I think gay marriage is okay as long as it's not in a church. Under the eyes of god it's not acceptable and no religion supports it. Marriage is a term that in my opinion should should be left to man - woman partnership.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Madcombat

Well, Jupiter doesnt mind- oh wait.

My religion died due to christianity, oh well. *Sacrifices a goat*

How do I put this, if your saying its unacceptable under the eyes of god.  Then why did god create gay people and lesbians. Seems to me god likes a bit of gay time himself. This bends down in the end to what humans want religion to be, if people have a disgust for gay people and other shit then they'll create a bizzare religion that dislikes it. Of course I am being a bit harsh here with my little remarks, however it all leads down to a group of people just disliking somthing and in turn believing somthing that may very well not be real at all, just because they can, but now I am describing my view of religion.  How silly of me.

I'll have to agree with Jake about marrage, I cracked this a while back with a family member.  Why spend thousands on a ring and a party when you can have as equally as much fun without some shitty celebrations.  Weddings are just a waste of money that means nothing in reality, it just holds symbolic significants.  It used to be somthing so a man could continue to be a douch and sleep with multiple woman and not have a divorce because of the bindings to religion.  Now it doesnt matter and for good reason, we dont need it and never really did need it.

Sorry for those religious folks out there, no huge bash on the subject intended.  Just my views.

Plunger

Quote from: Madcombat on 09-05-2012
Well, Jupiter doesnt mind- oh wait.

My religion died due to christianity, oh well. *Sacrifices a goat*

How do I put this, if your saying its unacceptable under the eyes of god.  Then why did god create gay people and lesbians. Seems to me god likes a bit of gay time himself. This bends down in the end to what humans want religion to be, if people have a disgust for gay people and other shit then they'll create a bizzare religion that dislikes it. Of course I am being a bit harsh here with my little remarks, however it all leads down to a group of people just disliking somthing and in turn believing somthing that may very well not be real at all, just because they can, but now I am describing my view of religion.  How silly of me.

I'll have to agree with Jake about marrage, I cracked this a while back with a family member.  Why spend thousands on a ring and a party when you can have as equally as much fun without some shitty celebrations.  Weddings are just a waste of money that means nothing in reality, it just holds symbolic significants.  It used to be somthing so a man could continue to be a douch and sleep with multiple woman and not have a divorce because of the bindings to religion.  Now it doesnt matter and for good reason, we dont need it and never really did need it.

Sorry for those religious folks out there, no huge bash on the subject intended.  Just my views.

No, Christinaty wasn't invented to hate on the gays. The reason homosexuals were put in as bad in the bible because that was the popular opinion at the time, that homosexuals were "Unnatural" in some way, and wrong. So when writing the bible they added it in to appeal to peoples intrests. It wasn't adding it to the bible that made people homophobes, it was people being homophobes that had it added to the bible.

Lent23

New Update: Obama believes in Gay marriage.
Be prepared for closed minded religious zealots not allowing Obama to be re-elected. Ever.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Frostee

Even though it is a little weird, I don't run up to them and call them faggots like most of the anti-gays do.

Ragolution

I was pretty shocked when, by reading this thread, I discovered that Devout Religious People didn't die out, like you know, Dinosaurs.

All said, who cares if gay people get married or not? Why does it matter?

Keep to you and yours and they'll keep to them and theirs.

Why do these fucking threads keep popping up. Stay dead damnit.