Do "Aliens" Exist? and if so do they want to help us?

Started by Silver Knight, 17-04-2010

Silver Knight

I would like to think of this as a interesting subject and quite possibly one question that we ask ourselves every now and then.

Quite possibly if they think similar to humanity then they would first examine and "check us out". Look at our intelligence, how we do things, our structures, our weaponry and defence and then basically sum us up as either ferior or inferior to their own species. Just like us as humans look down at all other creatures as that of "lower class" the sum rules would likely apply for them.

There arn't many forms of negotiations that could come up but quite possibly, if they deemed us worthy of communication they would get involved with us and try and push peace, but generally that would be in their own interest (Economic probably). or they could just want the resources, the planet or even harvest us for food. I mean look at it this way, we ride horses, they hav feelings and live, yet some people choose to eat horse.

I hope they would be the peaceful type.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Zstan

Hurp de derrr de derp.

The universe if infinite, of course there is.

Akira

It was some kind of an accident that organisms came into being. Sooo... There could be Aliens, but probably some galaxies away.

lolKieck

Quote from: Zstan on 17-04-2010
Hurp de derrr de derp.

The universe is infinite, of course there is.

Quote from: Akira on 17-04-2010
It was some kind of an accident that organisms came into being. Sooo... There could be Aliens, but probably some galaxies away.

These two are right, there are so much galaxies and systems that there is no chance that only our planet is habitated.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Akira on 17-04-2010

true

Szenti

Chupacabra likes to eat animals... And well, I think aliens exist, but they are hiding theirselves, they have like 50x better equipment, they can go invisible, etc.

Dug

They do exists , the space is just too big to be empty.

lolKieck

Quote from: Szenti on 18-04-2010
Chupacabra likes to eat animals... And well, I think aliens exist, but they are hiding theirselves, they have like 50x better equipment, they can go invisible, etc.

Too much Predator Szenti.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Genesis

Steven Hawkings said there is a LARGE chance that aliens exsist. He also said that its best we don't meet them, because if they are looking for area to conquer (like Columbus when he came to America) then we will end up like the Native Americans, driven from our homes and slaughtered.

Celtic

Quote from: Genesis on 30-04-2010
Steven Hawkings said there is a LARGE chance that aliens exsist. He also said that its best we don't meet them, because if they are looking for area to conquer (like Columbus when he came to America) then we will end up like the Native Americans, driven from our homes and slaughtered.
As soon as you said Stephen Hawking I started imagining his voice saying all this.

Chaos

Quote from: Celtic on 04-05-2010
Quote from: Genesis on 30-04-2010
As soon as you said Stephen Hawking I started imagining his voice saying all this.
Haha that just made me laugh.

Turkey

Yes they do, Can you really think we are the only life in this universe?

Welek

Astarathia

Would be kinda cool if they exist ,and have peace with us...
We all dream of hawt alien chicks ,don't we? XDDD

Goose

Sorry to crush your dreams of lesbianism with hot alien girls but,the chance that their physical bodies look remotly like ours, or a way that people would find sexually attractive is slim to none, unless you get those creepy furry type people....... Whos to say they are intelligent and not like, say a cat or dog or of the same level of intellegence, or of another animal, but the chance is slim, i do beleive they exist though, but everyones perception of "Alein" is oh intelligent life forms who walk and talk much like us but of higher education, how ever there is a chance where they are just lower life forms, that are considered intellegent, again much like cats or dogs.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Bagelz

Personally, to think there is no other life, or organism within our universe is simply absurd. Nice to see religion still continues to sweep such a topic under the carpet :). I see so many ignorant, arrogant people who sweep aside such a topic as nothing but mere idiocy. Why, how hypocritical of me! But I'd say to disregard other life in the universe, and call those who claim it to be of existence even more hypocritical.

Chaos

I bet the first interaction with aliens would be impossible to explain. Have you ever thought of that? It could be so far reach from our thinking level, it could be just something that has never been though of or seen before. Something that would blow or minds to see, we wouldn't believe or own eyes. People would ask, "Well, what the hell did it look like?"
"I don't know."
"What do you mean you don't know...?"
Maybe our brains would be overwhelmed at just looking at it trying to find an explanation of why it does something or the way it looks. But who knows.. It's impossible to know. No good evidence supports anything about them or what they look like.

Ray

There are infinite universes, so there is life out there. the question is whether or not we will find it in our lifetime.

Bucky

Its always of course possible, but like Chaos said theres really no evidence to support either arguement.

Recreas

We wouldn't know, the universe is way too big. But there's most likely some weird ass bacteria in a galaxy that felt like developing just like we did.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Comradebritish

Ok, being absoluteley the opposite to religion I'm not ignorant to the fact that there could be, but also aware their might not be, lets look at some scenarios:

-We meet aliens more intelligent than us:
a)We meet and they accept us as intelligent and help us, we live happily coexisting with our new technologies shared from our new friends.
b)They consider us to be inferior to them: i)We are subjigated and turned into a commodity of sorts. ii)They go all Combine on our asses. iii)They say "Fuck you, we're gonna come back when you monkeys pull your thumbs outta your fucking asses and get shit done."

-We meet aliens less intelligent (We find them)
a)We subjigate them, you know how it goes, zoos n shit, slave labour etc etc. b)We teach them our ways of life and help them devolop i)They exist as we do ii)They adopt our desctructive nature, and inevitably become overwhelmed and destroy themselves. c) We run away, see statment above.

-We meet several alien species at once, mass effect happens XD, but seriously. Think star trek and all that. . .

-We go to war with them, like. . . blowing eachother up n shit.

-No alien species, humanity eventually just rots away, as it mines and capitlizes and the Billions of empty worlds, devoid of anyother life than our own.

The again, other shit can happen too. Who knows, that's just what I think would liekly happen :D
Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

Dug

I've looked it up more than a couple of times and it seems there are rumors of US being hostile to them and not accepting their help when they offered it. I've also seen a video when NASA was putting something up in space, I forgot what it was. However a part of it broke and flied off. Then a lot of UFOs , circle shaped ones came out of no where and flied around the broken object and they made 90 degree turns. But NASA said it's space junk/ice/dust etc etc. Mostly bullshit, and why does everyone assume they are hostile. They can be much more intelligent than us and make peace, help us and uplift us.  They might lack strenght, and we might lack their intelligence, it would be a win win alliance.

KillSlim

Recreas, for fuck sake stop necro'ing dead threads; you're on a streak of 4 I believe. Stop it before I report you.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Silence)

There are aliens.There is only one.It is amongst us.It is...obama.