Atheist or Christian

Started by itsjustguy, 11-04-2009

deluxulous

Christian > Athiest because at least we have hope that something will happen when we die, instead of BAWWWWWWWW DEATH = ITS GAME OVER MANG

Dark Angel

I'm satanist at all.... aka Devil Beliver :D

rawrmon

I'm not sure myself what I am.
I guess I'm more the type of "I believe what I see" thingey.

Damn my English.
rawr.

Cutch

I believe in some "superstition" because I believe there are scientific explanations, but I don't believe in god. I completely respect people who believe in god, for some people NEED something to believe in. But those trying to manipulate others with some "god" or kill in a gods name, I am ashamed for them to be my kin.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Devster

I'm Christian, but like any average Catholic I rarely attend church

KillSlim

KillSlim : Strong Atheist.
What I mean by that is that I strongly hold what I believe in when it comes to religion. I for some reason am proud of what I believe and what evidence I have to support my beliefs.
What I believe in is what anyone would call the 'baseline' for atheist beliefs: Big Bang theory, Theory of evolution, etc. For many aspects of my world 'Seeing is believing' which is true for anyone. If people actually SAW the Christian God I'm sure many people would become Christians and convert.
Remember, 'back then' almost everyone was a believer in whatever religion they were raised into. I think that religion was like a last choice for morality and support. "I have no food, no water BUT GOD IS ON MY SIDE."

I am atheist because I think that the reality of religion is completely false. There is no proof of a God. Sure there are paintings and (Very questionable) stories and the bible, but none of these are from God. The bible was written by rich believers, not by God, not even by Jesus. The stories along with the bible are just what many people call 'guidelines', and what I call bed-time stories. (I would never teach bible stories to my children fyi.)

If many people would just wake up to the real world and look what's happening the World would move on. No more of the modern-world's terrorism. No preachy bullshit.
Praying to a non-existent entity won't do anything, it won't change your life, YOU change your life when it comes to these matters. If you want to waste away your life dedicated to God in the security of false hope, be my guest. What makes my urine boil is when people share the false hope. 'Extremist believers' is what really boils my piss, example: Westboro Baptist Church. (www.godhatesfags.com)

It's assholes like these which slow the world down. According to them, God hates the Jews, the U.S. military and government, homosexuals, India, Hindu's, Muslims, black people, Catholics and protestants, Hippies, rednecks.

You think the Nazi's were bad?

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. But this is the way I roll.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Locke

Average catholics go to church on a weekly basis, like I do.

People that only go on holidays like easter or christmas arent really following the rules, but at least they show up then :\

Chaos

I really don't know what to believe. I'm always being injured, and getting very lucky. I've been in 2 major car crashes, a motorcycle wreck, and I fell off a rope swing 30 feet in the air, but landing on my stomach completely fine. What is this, luck? But it can't be luck. If it were luck I wouldn't of got in the situation in the first place. But I've never got any messages, any signs, or anything of god. Am I reborn as an animal? Do I dream for the rest of my life? Heaven... Yeah right. Is earth an electron of an atom? The universe is actually a microscopic set of atoms on a person? I mostly believe in my belief that life is just a huge cycle. Notice that we are in economic crisis and every other time there was a crisis there was a war. The war helps economy. Stock market crash --- WW2 then everything was good again. What if WW3 happens and nuclear war starts? Everyone dies, cavemen again, then dinosaurs all over again? All while the ozone layer rebuilds itself AGAIN?
Nobody can answer this.

SpAcY

Catholics think athiests are evil or something, In the churches I used to go to, They explain Athiesm as the devil or something, that Athiesm is SO bad, a percentage are misunderstood, and a percentage are true athiests. I think that this god is a load of bullshit, it's almost as fantasized as scientology, There is no proof at all that a god created everything, I'd like to degrade Catholicism on a social manner, most people who leave Church don't do abide to anything the church has told them. "Being nice is a good thing but you should still attend church" Is BS, if christianity is so well-being and generous as they say their are, why would you have to attend church and listen to someone explain over and over again Psalms and random speeches that are most likely made up by themselves, when you could be a christian, believe in god, and spread word. It's flawed. I strongly hate the fact that the Christian church hates gays. Who are they to protest? About the signs and all. They say that they get signs of god, then they say that Faith is believing in something that you don't have proof of, I just do not get that. It's like having someone play a crappy imaginary game when it's not fun. Think about it.

You know what I am.

zazutobi

Im agnostic i cannot believe in organized religion for these reasons.

1:if oyu dont go to church or follow blindly your gonna burn in hell

2:They always say IF YOU DONT BELIEVE YOU WILL SUFFER FOR EVER but also at the same time He loves you also yes he loves you

3:If he is as lovable and generous as you say he wont care if we go to church as long as we are good people in general

I dont care if your christian Catholic or muslim or anything as long as you are generous and help people
"I am prepared to meet my maker.Whether my maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter"-Sir Winston Churchill

SpAcY

Quote from: zazutobi on 02-09-2009
I dont care if your christian Catholic or muslim or anything as long as you are generous and help people

This.

Romka

I really don't like church, so that's why i sit in the back row and carry a small pillow and sleep about half an hour, and then say Amen in the end and get back behind my PC and type this to you.

Toxin

Im christian and i dont go to church. But i rather believe in something after you die than not believing anything at all.

Nevrox

I'm agnostic.. but if I really truly believed, then I would be Christian. I've also only been to church once in my life and it wasn't even the actual church part, my grandmother made me go on a Easter Sunday and I went to the place with all the other little kids like myself (this was quite a long time ago). I went to youth group with my old friend a couple times which I found pretty fun.

Kostya 'Spade' Lutsky - Exp. Loner - ALIVE
Nikolai 'Sparrow' Skavaski - Exp. Bandit - ALIVE
Falcon - Exp. Merc - ALIVE
Savage - Bloodsucker - ALIVE
Konrad 'Owl' Prutsky - Trader - ALIVE
William Evans - Scientist (R&D) - ALIVE

Plague

Quote from: KillSlim on 03-07-2009
KillSlim : Strong Atheist.
What I mean by that is that I strongly hold what I believe in when it comes to religion. I for some reason am proud of what I believe and what evidence I have to support my beliefs.
What I believe in is what anyone would call the 'baseline' for atheist beliefs: Big Bang theory, Theory of evolution, etc. For many aspects of my world 'Seeing is believing' which is true for anyone. If people actually SAW the Christian God I'm sure many people would become Christians and convert.
Remember, 'back then' almost everyone was a believer in whatever religion they were raised into. I think that religion was like a last choice for morality and support. "I have no food, no water BUT GOD IS ON MY SIDE."

I am atheist because I think that the reality of religion is completely false. There is no proof of a God. Sure there are paintings and (Very questionable) stories and the bible, but none of these are from God. The bible was written by rich believers, not by God, not even by Jesus. The stories along with the bible are just what many people call 'guidelines', and what I call bed-time stories. (I would never teach bible stories to my children fyi.)

If many people would just wake up to the real world and look what's happening the World would move on. No more of the modern-world's terrorism. No preachy bullshit.
Praying to a non-existent entity won't do anything, it won't change your life, YOU change your life when it comes to these matters. If you want to waste away your life dedicated to God in the security of false hope, be my guest. What makes my urine boil is when people share the false hope. 'Extremist believers' is what really boils my piss, example: Westboro Baptist Church. (www.godhatesfags.com)

It's assholes like these which slow the world down. According to them, God hates the Jews, the U.S. military and government, homosexuals, India, Hindu's, Muslims, black people, Catholics and protestants, Hippies, rednecks.

You think the Nazi's were bad?

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. But this is the way I roll.

That last paragraph has me baffled. You're flaming religious people..but hate religious people that flame? Atheists that claim to their beliefs because of churchs, or what have you, incite hate, racism, whatever, are more than usually the same people that say 'BLIND FAITH HURHUR' which makes you look like a total douche, and give Atheism a bad rep. As for me? I am a nihilist. Indifference for the fucking win.

CortezV

This basically narrows it down for me

THE CREATOR GOD STRIKES OUT!

Every possible form which energy and/or matter can take, must be in use and exists today in time and space. Why? Because we are always in the middle of Eternity. Eternity is a two way street. Eternity runs both ways don't you know. These forms will include universes about which we know nothing. It will include undiscovered transformations of energy/matter, and any other undiscovered condition, forms or expressions which energy and/or matter may take.

When we speak of a God here, we are only speaking of that concept fostered upon us by the Christian religion which claims that a God is the creator of all that is. They claim a God was preexistent. That is, before there was anything, there was a God.

By using this Christian definition, we are eliminating the many varied little concepts of a God. Most of those activities, miracles and controversies (if they are true) could also be attributed to some super race of long lived aliens, and they need not be classified as gods. Aliens could easily possess powers, technologies and abilities which seem god like to our infant science. But, they are only advancements which some day even we may possess. So we are only dealing with the Christian concept of a creator God.

To say that before anything existed, a God existed, is an oxymoron. Such a statement can neither be understood nor conceived by our minds. It can not possibly be true and here is why. If a God existed, then that God is something. And something is not nothing. So the universe could not have possibly come from nothing. It must have come from something. Thom's law explains that.

Thom's Law
"Nothing can not produce something. If there was ever a time when there was nothing, there would STILL be nothing."

So even a God (which is something) could not be produced by nothing. Therefore, if a God came into being, he must have come out of something. The only "something" which exists now and has always existed is that of energy and/or matter.

So, any God (or anything else) must be, or must have been, the product of something. Everything which is, must be a product of energy and/or matter.

Now that is strike one against the Christians who say that a God preexisted nothing. Or, as some say, a God coexisted with nothing. That is, while there was nothing, there was also a God. (Unless, of course, you wish to claim that God IS nothing. I could accept that claim, but then I would not be here would I? Proof enough. I am here.) So, you can not have a God (which is something) and say that before him, there was nothing. You must either start with a God, which is something (and came from something) or you must start with nothing. For sure, you can not have it both ways. If there is a God, he is something and something can not come out of nothing.

Strike two says, since there was something which must have predated a God, God could not have created everything. He could not have created himself if he was not himself to start with. God himself/herself/it would have to be developed from something that was NOT a God. God is claimed to have knowledge and character. Knowledge and character MUST be developed. It can not be decreed. It can not be magically waved into existence. Knowledge and character is a PRODUCT of life and living. It is a product of making wise and foolish choices. It is a product of growth.

Did a God have the knowledge to create or make a universe? Where did he develop that knowledge? It is inconceivable that God simply sneezed and the universe came into being. I don't think even the Christians would believe that.

To have the knowledge to create, or even to make a universe, God must have had some prior experience, some development, some trials and errors in how and why this worked and that did not. Also, the Christians attribute lots of wonderful attributes to their God. God is all good. God is all great. God is all just. God is all wise. God is all knowing. God is everywhere. God is all powerful, and so forth.

That is, the Christians give God a good, moral and powerful character. Now character can not be developed in a vacuum. Character must be developed by trial and error. Character must be developed by finding out what is good and what works. To do this one must also find out what is bad and does not work. Character must always answer the question, "Why?" in order to develop. Character is a growth process.

Therefore, there must have been other individuals and intelligences with whom God could interact in order to develop a good character. There must be at least a family of them. Therefore, God is not alone. So, other intelligence demands some type of setting in which they could interact. They must have a place, a home of sorts. So we now must allow God to have at least a family, a home and a setting, or a place of operating, in order to develop his character. So that is strike two against a creator God being by HIMSELF, and at the same time having both a good character and ultimate science knowledge. God could not decree himself a good character or vast scientific knowledge. He would not know what was good or what to decree. He must have developed that knowledge.

In addition to this, God talked! How could a God language develop without other like beings with whom to communicate. Come on now! Think about it!

Next, we come to strike three. If there was something out of which God came, then there was already material available to make a universe. That is, God could not possibly have created the universe. However, God could have MADE the universe. That is, he could have taken the material which was available and MADE the universe out of that.
The Christian information about a creation comes from a mistranslation of the Jewish Testament. The Jewish text reads:

"In beginning, the GODS MADE the heaven and the earth."

The Christians CHANGED that to read:

"In THE beginning, GOD CREATED the heaven and the earth."
In other words, the concept of a creation stems from a MISTRANSLATION - from a LIE. Think about that!

Either the God of the Old Testament made a mistake and used the word "made" when he should have used the word "create" in telling us about a beginning, or the New Testament God made a mistake and used the word "create" instead of the word "made" to describe a beginning. In other words, one of these Gods is lying to us. Which God is lying to us?

Since the Old Testament God told his tale first and then the New Testament God plagiarized his work, I must assume the New Testament God is the real liar in this case. Of course, if you do not wish to give the New Testament God the credit for this lie, you could give that credit to the writers of the holy book.

There are those Christians who say (in spite of Thom's law) that God did come out of nothing. I have some questions. Is God supposed to be greater than the universe? The Christians say, "Yes." Then why didn't NOTHING create something smaller or less significant than a God in its first effort at creation? Why didn't NOTHING do something simple first? How would NOTHING have the wisdom to make something more important and more complex than itself, more important and complex than the whole universe? Why didn't NOTHING make the universe first and then make a God?

How did NOTHING make a God when it had not yet discovered how to make the hydrogen atom? The effort of making a God would have challenged all the resources of NOTHING, which resources of course is zero. Hydrogen atoms would not have strained the efforts, knowledge and power of NOTHING nearly as much as making something greater than the universe.

Did you know that believers in all ages have created gods? Today believers can create too! They make lots of gods using only the twenty six letters of the English alphabet.

Now it is a fact, you can not put a strain on zero. You can multiply it. You can divide it. You can add it. You can kick zero around, abuse it, smash it, cast it aside and guess what? It is still a perfect zero. So I do here by declare ZERO to be the only perfect number in the universe. Nothing you can do to it changes the value of ZERO. It is always and for ever - ZERO. You just can not get anything out of ZERO except ZERO. And NOTHING is ZERO. And ZERO is NOTHING. A God did not and COULD NOT come out of ZERO.

So, the Christian concept of a creator God goes down on a called strike three. From now on, the creator God must take his seat on the bench next to the rest of the religious gods who struck out. A God could not have preexisted that from which he came. He could not create himself. He could not create the universe without vast knowledge which he must have learned by trial and error. He could not have learned without other intelligence with whom to interact. He could not have created the universe from nothing when material (energy/matter) was already available from which to make it. The creator God strikes out.

Since there is no creator God, maybe there is a Maker God. Let us examine that next.

THE MAKER GOD IS THROWN OUT

We have moved from the impossible Christian oxymoron concept of a (creator) God, to a Jewish (maker) God concept which is more in keeping with our comprehension and understanding. But is this new God view valid? Did any God make the universe? Did the maker God sneeze and the universe came into being? Did he remark in his God language (to others), "Well, by Me! Look at THAT! What have I wrought? I think I will name it, THE UNIVERSE." No, my friends, I think not.

So, we must again face the need of vast knowledge. And to this we must also add PURPOSE! What would be the purpose of a God making a universe? What possibly COULD be the purpose? Did God really need and want a toy to play with? What do the Jews and Christians have to say about this?

Now, both the Jews and the Christians tell us that God does not need anything or anyone to make him satisfied. We are told that God is self sufficient. He is happy with himself. God is altogether perfect. We are told God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Yet, according to the writers of the holy book, we find God was NOT satisfied. He was not self sufficient, nor happy. God was lonesome, so he made at least a son and a ghost to keep him company. He also made his chess and game opponent - the Devil (Lucifer). It seems God DID need a toy to play with, so he made the universe and plays with it daily (according to the believers). Could it be that the universe and especially the earth, is the game board upon which God and the Devil play their games? Do they congratulate each other on wise moves? Do they wager on the outcome of the games? Does God ever lose? What kind of game would it be if you created an opponent who always loses? Even a God would not cheat like that - would he?

But God does not face the Devil alone. No! He has lots of advice on what moves to make. This advice is rendered daily (sometimes five times a day) by those who have appointed themselves as "God Advisors." These advisors call themselves BELIEVERS and proceed to advise and tell God what to do about life, the world and the universe. They call this strategic advise making - PRAYER.

Daily, and even hourly, God is bathed in the fervent prayers of the faithful believers. God seems to depend on these daily instructions and prayers to help him outline his vague work and play schedule. Without these constant instructions on how to conduct his business, play his games and run his universe, God would be at a loss to know if he should heal Aunt Mary or not. Without this advise (according to the believers), God would not know which team to let win the game (or the boxing match) (or the war).

Believers tell us God depends upon these polls from the snow white, granite minds to tell him what to do. Do the Christians really think God is the president of a democracy and daily waits for a consensus of public opinion before he knows what to do? Is it not possible God could do good, right and just things on his own without the guidance of the Christians and Jews? Am I getting this right?

These snow white, granite minds believe that God must have a consensus of public opinion, or else, he might just do the wrong thing and let Aunt Mary die. Or worst of all, God might just do nothing at all. But keep in mind, God is not lazy. He just needs some guidance. So God does stay busy because he gets a multitude of assignments. And let us not forget the many chores God must run for the granite minds.

There is a problem though. All of God's earthly advisors have less than a hundred years experience in the profession of "God Advisor" and certainly no more as "Divine Chore Supervisor". Now, this worries me! I am afraid they will misinform God. When God finds out he has been betrayed and led astray by his advisors on earth, he might decide to get rid of them (called the rapture). He might even clean the game board and in so doing decide to rid the earth of ALL earthlings (called apocalypse). We are told he almost did this once in the past (called the flood). Let us not provoke him into doing that again. I plead with all of you advisors, PLEASE! Let God run the world by himself and play his games without any advise from you! Let him make his own mistakes so we will not ALL be held liable.

About thirty years ago, God and I worked out an agreement. I promised I would let God be his own God and do his own thing, and God decided to let me be my own man and do my own thing. We are both very happy with the arrangement - especially God.

Why don't you make a similar agreement? It frees your mind and takes away the fear of the future. I live an honest life and let the future do with me as it sees fit. Whether you know it or not, the same will happen to you. Besides, a good God must love people who search for truth, who learn to use their minds which nature has graciously given us. Did you know any good and just God loves Atheists? Did you know a just God must be very disappointed in those who refuse to pursue truth, who refuse to look at BOTH sides of these important matters? Could it be that God will switch the name plates of hell and heaven?

There is something else here which bothers me. The snow white, granite minds have assumed divine prerogative and appointed themselves spies, scouts and monitors FOR God. They purpose to seek out and identify all the enemies of God. They then inform God who are his enemies. When God's justice is not swift and harsh on these newly invented enemies, the granite minds assume the divine prerogative of judge, jury and executioner. These Christians, who have classified Atheists as God's worst enemies, are at a loss why so many smart people become Atheists and yet live moral lives which are the envy of Christians.

The granite minds think God's patience is a vice. They do! They are afraid God will not be as expeditious and harsh in his judgment as they will. They do not trust God's justice. They do not trust his opinion, nor do they trust God to do his own work! So they do God's work.

Thus, we have doctors shot, clinics burned, political lies told, honest people harassed, religious lies told, prohibitions enacted, social lies told on minorities, boycotts of business, crusades against political and religious figures, ethnic cleansing, wars of conquest and more lies told. These granite minds tell us they are God's people, his front line troops. They tell us they have the truth and we should believe the same myths they do. We are told we should act like they do.

I am sorry granite minds. I am not that evil. I am not that religious. I have moral standards which keep me from harming my neighbor just because he is different from me. I have morals which keep me from believing that any God could be as cruel, base and juvenile as the granite minds insists he is. I have morals which keep me from telling lies to others and insisting that the lies are the truth. If there is a god, I know he must be JUST. And a just God could not cast a person into torment for all eternity simply because he could not believe the unbelievable, the immoral and the impossible.

No Just or Good God ever thirsted for sheep's blood, man's blood, nor did he thirst for the blood of his own kin. That is BARBARIC! That is simply UNBELIEVABLE!

According to the believers, God whips up rain at man's request. He removes mountains, throws lightening bolts, breathes hurricanes into destructive existence, stomps earthquakes into being, guides tornados along their destructive paths, and he moves comets, asteroids and stars around. Many other unbelievable and immoral actions are attributed to God by believers who claim God dabbles into the daily affairs of men and nations.

Of course, according to the believers, God does this to impress and punish non believers. He is so bent on attracting the attention of non believers, he is willing to destroy the just together with the unjust, the good with the bad. He does this in order to punish the non believers for their sin of Honest Doubt and Logical Thinking. Some say he sent the earthquake to San Francisco because of some immorality of a few citizens in that place. And he plans to do the same to Orlando, Florida. You remember they let some gay people have a parade. The snow white granite minds informed us of this terrible, terrible sin. They then instructed God to get on with the destruction. Didn't you notice the fires and hurricanes last year. God was punishing the whole state of Florida to get back at Orlando for letting gays march for about an hour.

The whole concept of a God making and running the universe boils down to this question. Is the universe religious? Is it a toy of the Almighty? Does the universe run at the whim and arbitration of a maker God? Can mere man tell God what to do about the Iraqis or the Irish? Does this Maker God send the winning numbers when we pray? Does the Almighty run the chores and errands of the granite minds? No! Certainly not!

The universe is natural and runs by the inherent laws of matter, energy and nature.

Yes it does!

There is no creator god and there is no maker god!

**Copied from www.jovialatheist.com and the work is NOT mine!

source: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread27888/pg1

Thom's Law
"Nothing can not produce something. If there was ever a time when there was nothing, there would STILL be nothing."

Cobra

Most of the goals of religion is to make sure your a good person... And the fear of human morality because we would like to think there is another realm you enter once you are dead...

scoutfreak

Nikolaz72

I Dont know.. I find the ten commandments more like guidelines to a good life, i mean most christians dont really tend to fanatically try and bring down atheists while most atheist i met freak out if you have a religion O_o

I Also believe that if anybody, it doesnt matter how many, believe in something then it isnt nothing. I mean belief is something. Even if what you believe in may be nothing the belief in the thing you believe in is something.

also religion has done something for the earth if people never had a religion i doubt the burial would be anything but a man thrown into a hole and the reproduction could be with several different women if you/they wanted to weddings would not exist, family probably would not exist.

This may or may not be wrong, i mean mostly you would not find out people were atheist if they didnt say so do to most people not going to church on sunday's and all that crap. Yet i find some of them very unfriendly some people tend to place all the blame for every bad thing on someone else. I mean out there somewhere is some guy sitting there very happy about himself for abusing people's faith for his own gain.

As there are christians and muslims cashing in on religion i have seen several cases where atheist earn a lot of money by writing books having no other content but somebody flaming religious people telling religion never did anything good and that atheism is the only way forward. what i believe in is Free Religion everybody should have the right to believe in what they want to, christians should not speakl bad of atheist's muslims should not kill christians and atheist should not tell everybody 24/7 that god does not exist because religion is nothing?
Text Cyric the Archmage.

Romolski

Strong supporter of reading between the lines.

Yes, I do believe in a God, or a representation of one. Don't ask why, but by no means will I accept "evidence" written by man to prove its existance. Best way to live my life is day by day, doing what is morally right in my book and counting every sun till' it's my last.

I read the bible, but I don't accept what is in it as pure truth. More like guidelines, moral stories to reteach old lessons of human nature and reiterate values one is to hold close to himself to ensure a good life.

Coming from a long line of Protestant Irish, it is a firm standard for my family to be ever-so-watchful of liers and frauds.

As my grandfather said (and no shit, he said this),

"...Don't piss down my back and tell me it is raining..."

Rico Warrior

i never understood athieism

Zarrick

Athiest, people now read a series of books by an American cosmic horror writer named H.P Lovecraft, his books contain alot of Fictional gods and even now people actaully worship these gods in some places.

So give it 2000 years and we'll all be bowing down to some strange Deity, preferably Cthulhu...not Hydra, or Dagon, there nubz.

So that sort of leads me to believe that the Bible was just works by a person(s) and people have read it, used a Human downfall named "Obession" and it fortuantly/unfortuantly suceeded.

Although I do believe there is somthing out there only thing is I dont know what it is, there has to be somthing...just bigger out there.
====================================

====================================

Alex

I honestly don't give a fuck about religion. If you want to believe in someone you've never met, it's your choice. I'm not saying I'm an atheist, I'm just saying that most religions rely on alot of guessing and until Jesus comes down and says Hola to me and millions of other people, I'll keep my preaching to a minimum. I mean, sometimes it scares me the lengths people go after their religion, but that's their belief and they have the right to believe in it. Wait....was this even a disscusion thread?

Zstan

I would consider my self agnostic, I believe in a higher power and such but God has not been proven nor ever will be.

On the other hand I would believe in science, evolution and such.

Anatoly

Even if there is a God, I think he's got a huge ego and is really selfish.