SGT-Spartans

-snip-
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Ragolution

Facts:

My Little Pony features cartoon ponies anthropomorphized to replicate humans.
Bronies are furries.
My Little Pony is designed for little girls.
People with Aspergers and Autism tend to latch onto content designed for the 8-12 and 6-8 agegroups.
Anyone dedicated enough to go to a convention for a TV show is either obsessed or devoted to it.

My theories:

People who watch MLP are actually Aspergers/Autists.
People who watch MLP have a repressed desire to be women/girls.
People who watch MLP are repressed homosexuals.

Pick one or two.

nKe

Quote from: Ragolution on 11-08-2012

Basically this.

Lent23

Facts:
Pick one or two.
I'll take this one, Thanks.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

jaik

I don't have anything against subgroups that roam around here and there, but the causes of preferring MLP might very much be the ones you listed, Dr. Portkins. I wouldn't be too blunt and call them autists, but there's definetely a level of introversion you must have to feel attracted to MLP. The criteria of a brony would be quite impossible to compile because you must interview a large portion of the viewerbase to make a somewhat accurate verification.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

SGT-Spartans

Now, I didn't design this thread as a hate mongering Chick-Fil-A against bronies. Well, I do hate bronies. But this thread is for them to come out and explain either what the fucks wrong with them, or how I am missing this complex part of MLP.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Lent23

Quote from: Jake on 11-08-2012

I don't have anything against subgroups that roam around here and there, but the causes of preferring MLP might very much be the ones you listed, Dr. Portkins. I wouldn't be too blunt and call them autists, but there's definetely a level of introversion you must have to feel attracted to MLP. The criteria of a brony would be quite impossible to compile because you must interview a large portion of the viewerbase to make a somewhat accurate verification.
Or maybe there's simply people that are attracted to something different, something that isn't just another random cartoon, something that other people like them have admitted to liking and having an interest in, something that is said to be stemmed from a young girl's demographic to an entire family demographic, something that extends their jokes.

Or maybe it's just something that's made its way through the internet through many people as a joke, though some people think "This person says they like it, so I will too." and it escalated from there. Maybe it's just a big internet joke gone too far.

Or maybe each person likes the show for his or her own reasons. I liked it very long ago when it first came out just to fit in with most of my friends, though I quickly fell out of the norm of watching the show (Mostly due to not having enough time). I also found out one of my best friends used to watch it too, just for a little bit like me, and most of my school watched it, but I never went back, simply because I never wanted to.

Just saying, everybody can like something for their own reason. Calling themselves "bronies" or even.. "ponies" is really bringing it a bit far, I mean, if you like a show, you can watch it. I never identified myself personally as a brony or a pony, but it's an alright show. It reminded me of Powerpuff Girls, which was something I admittedly watched a lot when I was younger. Possibly due to the fact that they're essentially created by the same person.

Quote from: SGT-Spartans on 11-08-2012
Now, I didn't design this thread as a hate mongering Chick-Fil-A against bronies. Well, I do hate bronies. But this thread is for them to come out and explain either what the fucks wrong with them, or how I am missing this complex part of MLP.
"Well, I do hate black people because they're black"
"Well, I do hate muslims because they blow stuff up"
"Well, I do hate Americans because they're fat."
"Well, I do hate [Insert group] because [Insert stereotype]

There's nothing necessarily "Wrong" because you're a brony. If you like a show and you like it a lot, then so be it. There's plenty of people that bring other shows that are just less popular as their avatars. Most people on HGN have anime images. Why not pick on them for a change instead of bronies? People only like the show, or hate the show because it's an internet phenomenon. Welcome to the internet, you must be new here.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Knife_cz

So I was like bored one day.
And one guy did a bet with me, that I won't watch two episodes of My Little Pony.
That's my story.
Nothing else, watch it yourself and you will see.

And Lauren Faust herself said that My Little Pony might be designed for little kids, but the show itself is targeting every age.
And like in every other group, there are some weirdos (Which are drawing R34 stuff oh god no) n' stuff.

PS: I used to hate all of this 'pony' stuff too.

Ragolution

You know what really sucks? Having to compose all of your posts in Notepad because the forums don't support your browser.

Quote from: Lent23 on 11-08-2012

Or maybe there's simply people that are attracted to something different, something that isn't just another random cartoon, something that other people like them have admitted to liking and having an interest in, something that is said to be stemmed from a young girl's demographic to an entire family demographic, something that extends their jokes.

Or maybe it's just something that's made its way through the internet through many people as a joke, though some people think "This person says they like it, so I will too." and it escalated from there. Maybe it's just a big internet joke gone too far.

Or maybe each person likes the show for his or her own reasons. I liked it very long ago when it first came out just to fit in with most of my friends, though I quickly fell out of the norm of watching the show (Mostly due to not having enough time). I also found out one of my best friends used to watch it too, just for a little bit like me, and most of my school watched it, but I never went back, simply because I never wanted to.

Just saying, everybody can like something for their own reason. Calling themselves "bronies" or even.. "ponies" is really bringing it a bit far, I mean, if you like a show, you can watch it. I never identified myself personally as a brony or a pony, but it's an alright show. It reminded me of Powerpuff Girls, which was something I admittedly watched a lot when I was younger. Possibly due to the fact that they're essentially created by the same person.

Quote from: SGT-Spartans on 11-08-2012
"Well, I do hate black people because they're black"
"Well, I do hate muslims because they blow stuff up"
"Well, I do hate Americans because they're fat."
"Well, I do hate [Insert group] because [Insert stereotype]

There's nothing necessarily "Wrong" because you're a brony. If you like a show and you like it a lot, then so be it. There's plenty of people that bring other shows that are just less popular as their avatars. Most people on HGN have anime images. Why not pick on them for a change instead of bronies? People only like the show, or hate the show because it's an internet phenomenon. Welcome to the internet, you must be new here.

Well Lent;

Spoiler; We do pick on the people who like Anime.
We pick on the furries.
We pick on the homosexuals.
We pick on the bronies.
We pick on the Terrarians.
We pick on the Aceonites.
We pick on the Failout RPers
We pick on the Stalkers.

Bronies and Homosexuals are the only ones who really get their feelings hurt and try to lash back at the unfeeling masses. Furries, Forp, Stalkers, Aceon, Terraria, Anime-lovers all ignore it or just roll with it.

So far as I know that is.

Quote from: knife_cz on 11-08-2012
So I was like bored one day.
And one guy did a bet with me, that I won't watch two episodes of My Little Pony.
That's my story.
Nothing else, watch it yourself and you will see.

And Lauren Faust herself said that My Little Pony might be designed for little kids, but the show itself is targeting every age.
And like in every other group, there are some weirdos (Which are drawing R34 stuff oh god no) n' stuff.

PS: I used to hate all of this 'pony' stuff too.

I've had similar experience with MLP. My two year old sister watches the show on rare occasion and when I stay in the room with her I can feel my mind draining and drool seeping from my mouth. It's just like staring into the grizzled anus of a sadistic god and this time he's shitting out 100% unrefined retardation.

I was bet to watch 2 episodes as well and I found myself losing interest rapidly. The plot is not coherent. Don't even argue that it is.

While I'm not saying the show is 'BAD NO ONE SHOULD WATCH IT' (Little kids like cartoons. Nothing wrong with that.) it's just juvenile and stupid. It's definitely geared towards children and people who lack social skills or mental capacity. I would compare MLP to reading a picture book, out-loud.

What people don't realise and vehemently will fight against me about is that when you have aspergers you're not suddenly 100% aspie herr derr aburrr. There's degrees of mental retardation that are quite subtle. You might be slightly retarded and not know it. Hell, if it makes you feel better, most people with mental issues are the ones who stand out in life.

FDR had manic-depressive disorder and he was one of, if not the best president fucking ever.

TL;DR - The fuck you talking about knife? Aspergers ahoy.

Bl★ck Star

For me it's because I like the show itself because I can identify myself with one of the 6 main characters and for it's community, the community is throwing out so much awesome fan art and such awesome music.

And yes, I am a clopper.

Everyone of my IRL friends knows I am a brony and they're all like, he likes that stuff, I don't have to like it and I am okay with it, because everyone likes something different.

I am also a Furry and Weeaboo and a Bisexual and I don't have any problems at all with people insulting me, I am not even throwing back words because it's my way of living and they don't have to live like that and I accept everyones opinion, because it's theirs and not mine and I am not running around and forcing people to like the shit that I like, like "LOLOLOOLOLOL WATCH MLP IS GUD FOR YO" and everyone who is trying to shove it down someones throat is as much as retarded as someone who hates on stuff that he doesn't like and just hates because of that.

Ragolution

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 11-08-2012
For me it's because I like the show itself because I can identify myself with one of the 6 main characters and for it's community, the community is throwing out so much awesome fan art and such awesome music.

And yes, I am a clopper.

Everyone of my IRL friends knows I am a brony and they're all like, he likes that stuff, I don't have to like it and I am okay with it, because everyone likes something different.

I am also a Furry and Weeaboo and a Bisexual and I don't have any problems at all with people insulting me, I am not even throwing back words because it's my way of living and they don't have to live like that and I accept everyones opinion, because it's theirs and not mine and I am not running around and forcing people to like the shit that I like, like "LOLOLOOLOLOL WATCH MLP IS GUD FOR YO" and everyone who is trying to shove it down someones throat is as much as retarded as someone who hates on stuff that he doesn't like and just hates because of that.

And that's why we're pals.

Maxi96203

People watch some anime because it interests them.
Some anime plots are interesting, and very entertaining.
While others are bad, but at least they have some remnants of a plot.

What does MLP have?

Nothing.

Personally I think Bronies are very good trolls.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Knife_cz

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 11-08-2012
People watch some anime because it interests them.
Some anime plots are interesting, and very entertaining.
While others are bad, but at least they have some remnants of a plot.

What does MLP have?

Nothing.

Personally I think Bronies are very good trolls.
Talking about the show and fandom are two different things.
Show is just show.
Fandom is lots of fan-art, fan-fics, songs, custom animations n' stuff.

Steven :D

I don't like the show and I don't care if people watch it as long as you don't bother me with it (ie. Steven watch some MLP with me). Then I'm fine.

Ragolution

Quote from: Steven :D on 11-08-2012
I don't like the show and I don't care if people watch it as long as you don't bother me with it (ie. Steven watch some MLP with me). Then I'm fine.

2deep4me

Syndraell

Bronies are furries.

I've got to disagree with this statement.
I've seen some flamewars between furries and bronies.
Needless to say, a lot of sites have banned bronies altogether.
4chan unfortunately pussied out and gave them their own board.
(which they still never seem to use)

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Plunger

I don't have a problem with My Little Pony, and I don't have a problem with the people who watch My Little Pony. The people I have a problem with are the people who want me to know all the fucking time that they watch My Little Pony. Yeah, I get it, you like a cartoon, I like Gravity Falls but that doesn't mean I need to shove it in everyones faces all the god damn time.

Bronys are basically like hipster, they like the show sure, but the reason they go out of their way to show everyone it is the same reason people are hipsters, they think it makes them cool, and unique, and trendy when it's really just fucking annoying, it's just a plea for attention that probably stems from some kind of issues in their personal life like being unpopular or something.

And to Ragolution, I'm sure you watch something like Adventure Time, or Regular Show too, so by your logic, you're autistic as well.

D33tly

Just my two cents:
People who watch the show, fine by me, I watch One Piece.
People who go around with MLP stuff, saying to everyone "Oh, MLP is great blah blah" need to go and fuck themselves. Sorry for being so harsh, but really. I dont care you watch a show, don't wanna see you watch a show. I watch One Piece, but I keep it to myself, don't need to go around wearing OP T-shirts / hats / backpacks / pants / suits and saying "Oh, OP is great blah blah blah" to everyone. It's not just bronies / furries. I hate anyone who goes around doing that.
My golden rule: Keep it to yourself.
Just my two cents...
Inb4 "D33tly you so dumb, just go."

Plunger

Quote from: D33tly on 11-08-2012
Just my two cents:
People who go around with MLP stuff, saying to everyone "Oh, MLP is great blah blah" need to go and fuck themselves. Sorry for being so harsh, but really. I dont care you watch a show, don't wanna see you watch a show. I watch One Piece, but I keep it to myself, don't need to go around wearing OP T-shirts / hats / backpacks / pants / suits and saying "Oh, OP is great blah blah blah" to everyone. It's not just bronies / furries. I hate anyone who goes around doing that.
Just my two cents...
So you basically just said what I did, right after I said it.

Ragolution

Quote from: Plunger on 11-08-2012
And to Ragolution, I'm sure you watch something like Adventure Time, or Regular Show too, so by your logic, you're autistic as well.

? I don't watch cartoons man.

Quote from: Plunger on 12-08-2012
Just my two cents:
Just my two cents...

Reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations

Khorn

You say something Rag? Not quite sure I got it.

Plunger

Quote from: Ragolution on 12-08-2012

Just my two cents:
Just my two cents...

Reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations Reiterating reiterations
You watch Anime, which is drawn, and for kids, and teenagers.

Ragolution

Quote from: Ragolution on 12-08-2012

Just my two cents:
Just my two cents...

You watch Anime, which is drawn, and for kids, and teenagers.

If you consider that cartoons, then I do watch cartoons. If you need me to be more specific, I don't watch American or Canadian cartoons.

Khorn

You saying Japanese cartoons are better?

I mean, yes, American cartoons tend to be stupid and violent sometimes. But at least they are different from each other.

Japanese cartoons seem to stick to the same pattern with every show. You watch one show, you've watch almost all.

Basically, cartoons are cartoons, doesn't matter the origin.

Ragolution

Quote from: Khorn on 12-08-2012
You saying Japanese cartoons are better?

I mean, yes, American cartoons tend to be stupid and violent sometimes. But at least they are different from each other.

Japanese cartoons seem to stick to the same pattern with every show. You watch one show, you've watch almost all.

Basically, cartoons are cartoons, doesn't matter the origin.

I must say I don't watch anime in as much bulk as everyone else in HGN.

I watch maybe 30 episodes of an anime over the course of a year.

But yeah, my point was American cartoons and Japanese ones are different in innumerable ways.