-snip-

Started by SGT-Spartans, 11-08-2012

Plunger

Quote from: Ragolution on 12-08-2012
Quote from: Khorn on 12-08-2012
You saying Japanese cartoons are better?

I mean, yes, American cartoons tend to be stupid and violent sometimes. But at least they are different from each other.

Japanese cartoons seem to stick to the same pattern with every show. You watch one show, you've watch almost all.

Basically, cartoons are cartoons, doesn't matter the origin.

I must say I don't watch anime in as much bulk as everyone else in HGN.

I watch maybe 30 episodes of an anime over the course of a year.

But yeah, my point was American cartoons and Japanese ones are different in innumerable ways.
And yet you're saying people who watch cartoons must be autistic, when you watch them too.

Khorn

As far as I'm concern, both countries cartoon's are made for kids, have simple story lines, simple humor, and exaggerated violence.

For differences, again, Anime tend to stick to the same genre with a handful of exceptions. Mechs/Space, School Life/Teenager Life, Fantasy/Horror, mix and match and you get an anime show.

Not saying American Cartoons do better, but they are more notably different from one and another compared to anime.

And if you want to get into more specifics, anime seems to be a bit more 'freakish', since I've seen enough to know that some shows go over the line in either psycho horror gore or sexual situations. Where as, some Adult Swim shows in America go only a bit down those roads, but never usually as extreme as animes.

Plunger

There are good ones from both countries to be honest.

Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo are good. But then so is Gravity Falls, and a few other American ones, and people at my University watch cartoons still too.

Khorn

I still watch an occasional cartoon too, but I can tell when I'm watching a show with a generic plot and boring characters.

Which MLP fits, boring and generic, at least for me.

Steven :D

Quote from: Plunger on 11-08-2012
I don't have a problem with My Little Pony, and I don't have a problem with the people who watch My Little Pony. The people I have a problem with are the people who want me to know all the fucking time that they watch My Little Pony. Yeah, I get it, you like a cartoon, I like Gravity Falls but that doesn't mean I need to shove it in everyones faces all the god damn time.

Bronys are basically like hipster, they like the show sure, but the reason they go out of their way to show everyone it is the same reason people are hipsters, they think it makes them cool, and unique, and trendy when it's really just fucking annoying, it's just a plea for attention that probably stems from some kind of issues in their personal life like being unpopular or something.

And to Ragolution, I'm sure you watch something like Adventure Time, or Regular Show too, so by your logic, you're autistic as well.
Basically this.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Khorn on 12-08-2012
As far as I'm concern, both countries cartoon's are made for kids, have simple story lines, simple humor, and exaggerated violence.

Nope, Nope, Nope.

Most Western cartoons are for kids and most Eastern Cartoons aka. Animes are for Teenagers and adults. Most of them are 18+ rated.

Frostee

Quote from: Steven :D on 12-08-2012
I don't have a problem with My Little Pony, and I don't have a problem with the people who watch My Little Pony. The people I have a problem with are the people who want me to know all the fucking time that they watch My Little Pony. Yeah, I get it, you like a cartoon, I like Gravity Falls but that doesn't mean I need to shove it in everyones faces all the god damn time.

Bronys are basically like hipster, they like the show sure, but the reason they go out of their way to show everyone it is the same reason people are hipsters, they think it makes them cool, and unique, and trendy when it's really just fucking annoying, it's just a plea for attention that probably stems from some kind of issues in their personal life like being unpopular or something.

And to Ragolution, I'm sure you watch something like Adventure Time, or Regular Show too, so by your logic, you're autistic as well.
Basically this.

Also, have any of you actually WATCHED an episode? If not, you have really nothing to say about it until you watch it.

inb4 I'm not 5/faggot/girl

Plunger

Quote from: Frostee on 12-08-2012

Basically this.

Also, have any of you actually WATCHED an episode? If not, you have really nothing to say about it until you watch it.

I don't see how watching the show would change what I just said at all, did you even read my post?

Basically this.

Hentai doesn't count.

Syndraell

I never watched an episode. The reason? Everyone latched onto it and went batshit crazy about it. Not to mention the negative (not to mention creepy) fanbase.

I almost got pulled into it when it was still highly unheard of. My friend was praising it to hell and back, and I always replied "I'll watch it later." It wasn't until he started decorating his computer and shit with handmade MLP stickers and other things that i realized that It'd be in my best Interests not to watch the show.

Two years later, I'm very glad that i never watched an episode.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Quote from: James Almasy on 12-08-2012

I never watched an episode. The reason? Everyone latched onto it and went batshit crazy about it. Not to mention the negative (not to mention creepy) fanbase.

I almost got pulled into it when it was still highly unheard of. My friend was praising it to hell and back, and I always replied "I'll watch it later." It wasn't until he started decorating his computer and shit with handmade MLP stickers and other things that i realized that It'd be in my best Interests not to watch the show.

Two years later, I'm very glad that i never watched an episode.
+1 agree.

Plunger

I watched the first episode just in case people like Frostee say that shit anyways, and the weirdest thing I noticed after doing that is, some of the Bronies in HGN don't even know the plot of the show, which means they're just jumping on this bandwagon for even worse reasons.

Silver Knight

MLP has a very good animation style, it's very vibrant but the plot? The plot is very bland. I have watched 2 episodes. The first episode and some random on at gmod cinema.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Recreas

You know what, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGiBycxRNL4&feature=related

That's how MLP looks like in my eyes, disgusting, horrible, rude, dumb.
Now I don't mind people watching cartoons, I mean, fuck I still watch that damn
Starwars cartoon on Cartoon Network simply because I'm into Star Wars.

But the fact is, I don't go preteding I'm a Jedi, running around telling everyone that
the force is with them. No..

I don't post it everywhere I LOVE STARWARS, and next to that. I don't fap to it or get turned on by it,
because why the fuck I don't get turned on by my own drawnings do I now?
(If you do, please visit someone that can FIX YOU.)

The same counts for Furries and all that non-sense, fine if you want to roleplay, but isn't this a bit over the top?
Maybe we should all just see it like this, a bit of roleplay, like LARP, just went a bit too far.

Cause do you guys really want to be a pony, or are you just teenagers with a terrible identity crisis just not sure what
it's gone be... a pony or a man........

(Yes I do hate MLP, Bronies and Furries. And what I just said might have been offence, but remember. It ain't personal and it's just an opinion.)
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Das_Uberman

I watched the first episode of MLP. It was probably one of the most stupid things I've ever seen.
I have a couple friends that are bronies and they're smart enough to not go advertising it everywhere. Don't ask, don't tell. I won't ask you about how you watch a little girl's show, and you don't tell me about it.
For people who flaunt it around, you're just putting a target on your back for just about everyone on the internet. And to you special few who talk about wanting to be a pony/doing dirty things with ponies. Seek help, it is not normal.

As to why they exist? It's simple, mix together:
The internet
Social awkwardness
And relatable cartoon characters designed to teach little kids about making friends

Put it all together and you get bronies.

Quote from: Das_Uberman on 22-08-2012
I watched the first episode of MLP. It was probably one of the most stupid things I've ever seen.
I have a couple friends that are bronies and they're smart enough to not go advertising it everywhere. Don't ask, don't tell. I won't ask you about how you watch a little girl's show, and you don't tell me about it.
For people who flaunt it around, you're just putting a target on your back for just about everyone on the internet. And to you special few who talk about wanting to be a pony/doing dirty things with ponies. Seek help, it is not normal.

The internet
Social awkwardness
And relatable cartoon characters designed to teach little kids about making friends

http://www.youtube.com/v/UWRyj5cHIQA&autoplay=0

Plunger

The thing you guys still seem to not grasp is, it's fine for people to watch the show, I watch shows like Adventure Time after all with other guys at my university, it's just when you shove it in peoples faces, and go, "God damn why don't you love this like me!? I must show it to everyone!" then it's dumb.

Quote from: Das_Uberman on 22-08-2012

The internet
Social awkwardness

People like you are just as bad as Bronys though, MLP is not the worst thing to happen to televised media, stop trying to say it is, you literally bitch about how bad the show is as much as Bronys talk about how good it is, just leave it alone, giving it this much attention positive, or negative is still attention.

Tom

Quote from: Plunger on 22-08-2012
just leave it alone, giving it this much attention positive, or negative is still attention.

If only everyone where this smart. . . HGN would be a much better place.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Knife_cz

Quote from: Tom on 22-08-2012
Quote from: Plunger on 22-08-2012
just leave it alone, giving it this much attention positive, or negative is still attention.

If only everyone where this smart. . . HGN would be a much better place.

Pretty much.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Recreas on 21-08-2012
Cause do you guys really want to be a pony, or are you just teenagers with a terrible identity crisis just not sure what

I am a Furfag and a Brony and I don't wish to be a pony or a humanized animal.

SGT-Spartans

To be clear, I made this thread to clear up the idea that (most?) Bronies are here to only annoy people, not really as fans. Kinda like a troll. I didn't mean to form a hate monger section.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

nKe

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 22-08-2012

And proceed to get locked into a cage.

Plunger

Quote from: Nik3 on 22-08-2012
Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 22-08-2012

And proceed to get locked into a cage.
There was a time to stop posting, you passed it a while ago.