Where we're at and what's to come.

Started by VonXeno, 22-04-2017

VonXeno

Well, we're in that lull again when Terraria updates and TShock needs to catch up. So, instead of sitting around, I thought I'd take the opportunity to try and get everybody on the same page regarding the server's future.

As most of you are aware, Syndraell has resigned from his position in the administration team. We're all going to sorely miss his leadership, and we've got big shoes to fill.

But this is a time to move forward.

In the works is a new project; A new map to play on with new lore, and some revamps to our current combat system.

Changes to be made are as follows:
-New skills system for combat and roleplay
-A standardized set of rules for combat to avoid confusion
-We're going back to a softcore playerbase
-Forced PvP is being taken off
-Expert mode is on
-New map
-New lore on the current timeline

Now, many more changes are possible in this current state, so if you've got any comments, questions, concerns, complaints, or gripes, let them be known now. That way we can move in the best possible direction for everybody.

Oh, and one more thing.

Every existing character/event arc on Safehaven will be finished before we move on, as to give Syndraell's final vision for the server some closure.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Cross

You mentioned timeline, but I think it should also be known/agreed upon when this new map's events will take place in reference to Safehaven. I think the general consensus was roughly one year after the events of Safehaven ended, but I just wanna make sure.

It should also be noted that any character from Safehaven is not barred from coming back on the new map, provided they're not dead or something.
-Insert clever signature here-

VonXeno

Quote from: gcat64 on 22-04-2017
I think the general consensus was roughly one year after the events of Safehaven ended, but I just wanna make sure.

Correct.

Quote from: gcat64 on 22-04-2017
It should also be noted that any character from Safehaven is not barred from coming back on the new map, provided they're not dead or something.

Correct.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.