Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: Mercenary (Warrior)

Literacy
Basic Literacy: No
Magic Literacy: No

Proficiencies
Weapons: Bastard Sword
Armor: Sectioned Armor (Leather with metal plates in specific areas)
Items: Nothing of note.

Restrictions
Weapons: Magic Tomes, Staffs, Spells, Firearms.
Armor: Full heavy armor will slow him.
Items: Cannot use most enchanted items.

Special Equipment
None as of yet.

Traits
Charismatic - A great leader, encouraging and invigorating. (+5 to party member rolls in combat)
Well-Balanced - Statistically above average in most fighting categories. Strong, fast, decently well defended, and skilled with weapons. Fairly cunning in battle, but no where else. Lacking in both magical and academic intelligence.
Bilingual - Fluent in Ornian, the language of a mountain tribe from a distant land.
Silence - Hostile magics will not affect him.

Flaws
Over-Confidence - Will bite off more than he can chew.
Illiterate - Cannot read or write.
Animosity - Not too fond of mages, will work with one if paid though. Begrudgingly.
Silence - Unable to speak. Coupled with his illiteracy gives him almost no ability to communicate. Also unable to accept healing or other friendly magics.

Skills:
Berserk
Quick-Strike
Pugilism
Improved Critical
Rage
Sentinel

Signature Skill:
Ironhand - A special armored gauntlet that acts as a shield, even when using a two handed weapon. When engaged in melee combat, gains a defense bonus equal to a shield. Does not work against ranged attacks. Passive.

Backstory:
[spoiler]Vondus Khyr, along with his twin brother Solus, was orphaned right out of the womb. His parents were hunted by mercenaries for a large bounty in their name, a bounty imposed for their involvement in the murder of a beloved lord. Three years after their escape, their carriage was finally surrounded by the tactics of Brahg Khyr, a mercenary captain. He found the twins amongst the wreckage of the carriage, and took them in as his own, out of compassion.

The twins aged with the company, named the Ironhand Guard, and gained their own skills of war. Brahg knew that once they've become adults, he would need to tell them of their true origins. And when that day had come, he did not expect their reactions. He told them the tale of a pair of assassins, and the two infants that he found with them. Once their heritage was known to them, Both had been grateful for Brahg's care and guidance. But upon learning the truth, they decided to forge their own paths. Solus had traveled to the kingdom of the lord slain by his true parents, and enlisted in their army. He had decided to make amends and cleanse his bloodline. Von had continued on with the Guard, and grew to be a fine mercenary. One that many hoped would one day lead the company. He had many fine comrades and memories in his time with the Guard.

Until one day, a day like any other, a job like any other. The company was contracted to subdue a large cult of mages within the ruins of an old temple, sitting atop corrupted ground. The pay was adequate, and the job seemed mundane. The men thought they would be taking care of a group of insane zealots, not an army of exiled mages. The client had set a horrid trap, a trap set to provide a sacrifice. Enough souls for the purpose of reclaiming an ancient power. The Ironhand Guard provided that sacrifice. One by one the men of the company were drained of sanity and life. Brahg, seeing the desolation around him, casted a sorrowful look upon Von, before pushing him into a ravine. Hoping he would survive, to carry on, though the Guard may not.

On that day, Von recalls a massive shadow overhead, as he lay there in that ravine.

Alive.

The local townspeople refer to this event as the Crimson Harvest. The history surrounding that day is murky, but most accounts agree upon seeing a masked mage atop a vile creature, wreaking havoc and spreading corruption. A battle between the kingdom and these forces was waged, resulting in the cult being driven back into a secluded land.

Von continues as an independent mercenary, the only work he's ever done. His loyalties come and go with his contracts, his spare time spent perfecting his craft.

To one day meet the masked one who took everything he had ever known.[/spoiler]
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

matter

For once I feel bad for someone's character, very well done.
Make me...

VonXeno

Grazie.

It only took like 3 days to write.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Syndraell

Wonderful piece. We need you on the lore team.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Kokkaku Kishu

I bow at the feet of the master.

VonXeno

You're all too kind. But I'll help where I am needed.

lumberjackingHAM

Masked mage on top of a vile creature. *thinks to self* "Husks wear masks and Viscera is a Mage." -The plot thickens-
Terraria Name: Davos and Viscera

VonXeno

Quote from: lumberjackingHAM on 26-10-2013
Masked mage on top of a vile creature. *thinks to self* "Husks wear masks and Viscera is a Mage." -The plot thickens-

Indeed, we'll see how the husk scum plays into it now won't we?

Added pictures.

VonXeno

Bumping for return of this character and updated information.