The Legend of the Primordials

Started by VonXeno, 27-08-2017

VonXeno

The Beginning

In the beginning, there were two. Naud, Father of Life and Death, and Yotu, Mother of Magic. With their might, born of the stars and heavens, they crafted the world.

Yotu's gift of magic wrought a fire worthy enough to forge a world, the earth on which we lay our feet, water to quench the barren land, and air to temper and harden the stone that could weather it. And once all this was done, she had brought forth light and darkness to the land.

Naud, in turn, rose forth the first beings into life; the Angels and Demons. Beings born just beyond the mortal coil, that would live for countless generations without knowing age nor its sting.

But those who would not follow the laws of nature were punished for their transgressions.

The Siblings

Terael and Telael were the sibling children of Yotu. Terael had inherited the gift of the natural elements, Telael the gift of darkness and light. The siblings were close, and as children, were inseparable. But many other primordial beings feared Telael's gift; any imbalance of her power could break the laws of nature. Knowing this, they kept her powers shackled, and shunned her presence.

But Terael stayed by her side, through it all. He payed no heed to his sister's unique gift, and worked with her to grow her power, as he did his own. Telael's control over her gift was without flaw, and this power helped her better understand herself and the apprehension of her peers. She chose to remain wearing the shackles placed upon her.

Though, for one, this was not enough.

In simply attempting to grow her strength, the Angel of War, Aurnael, indicted her. For her transgressions, she was to be stripped of her deific status and sealed.

But as Aurnael struck with his power, Terael intervened with his own body. Telael watched as each of her brother's gifts were stripped from him and cast upon the land below, causing great storms and disasters upon the land. She saw his final moments, as he faded out of existence.

And upon witnessing this, the balance she had so long maintained shifted. Her grief and anger had overcome her, and she lashed out and struck down those who try to hold her down.
Though her enraged power was great, the combined might of the remaining angels struck her down from the heavens.

The Dragons

Once guardians of the earth's core, the Dragons witnessed the injustice of the Angels. Being creatures of great pride, they rebelled. Though not immortal beings, the Dragons held great strength in their own right that would challenge the Angels. With their legions of souls condemned in hellstone, they struck down the ones they saw unfit to lead the world. But in doing this, the Dragons neglected their duties.

The Demons

Beings in service of darkness, who devour the souls of the earth's core for power, had slipped into the hells and tormented the souls of the deceased. With these souls as nourishment, the Demons had the power to fight off the Dragons after their campaign against the Angels. But even more sinister, they had convinced some of the proud creatures to take their side and devour souls with them. Some of these Dragons had become even stronger beings as a result, but their craving for souls had turned them ravenous. Eventually,
they had wreaked havoc on Man, the last creation of the Primordials.

And now, here we are, in the Age of Man, wondering where our lives hang in this fragile balance.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.