Terraria Server/Terraria Otherworld Server/Ideas and Discussions

Started by Syndraell, 26-12-2016

Syndraell

This has been a discussion a long time coming, but especially after these past few months it seems to be a good time to bring it up.

Terraria and Otherworld

HGN as a whole could use a bit more variety in the way of servers and games, but that's a different matter entirely. The main one I want to focus on here is the transition into Terarria: Otherworld (Whenever it actually gets released). I know that some people will always prefer the original Terraria, while others will want to move into the next generation of the game.

That being said, If and When T:O comes out; Two Administrative teams will be drawn up solely based on their time on server, dependability, and availability. Any of those who do not wish to transition into T:O will be asked if they wish to remain as part of the original Terraria admin team. And so when the time comes, Applications for both teams will be opened and reviewed. So I would like to express something to all players, former and current administrators, and the like... Yes, even Abby Stone.

Thank you for being a part of both HGN and our server.

Previous Bans

When the administrative teams are cast, all previous bans will be rendered obsolete unless they are on this list. These bans will remain in effect until further notice. these banned players/users are: [currently unlisted for the time being. former and current bans will be researched and more than likely turned into the global banlist depending on severity.]

Plans and Ideas for the Terraria Server
I've done this a few times, with many ideas that have been hit and miss. but I keep experimenting, hopefully finding the right combination for the server. (INB4 we do the god thing again)

Current Ideas in mind:
High Difficulty Level/Forced PVP or Classic play
EXP Plugin (should Tshock ever get updated)
Levels/Equipment restrictions
Trying to attempt a different building style/2.5D Architectural buildings -like so-
New Server name and Map
Eventual RPG Plugin

Terraria Otherworld Ideas
Honestly, with what little we still all know about Otherworld, it's all up in the air. this list will most likely be blank until we get a good grasp on things first. but the basics are:

Exploring the world and mechanics
Testing out Building styles
Documenting Armors, weapons, enemies, bosses, NPC's and Biomes
General Server Planning

Legendary Players
Should Tshock be updated, A new group will be made with a specialized prefix. The people in this group will notably be retired admins, former players of special note, and the like. While not being mods, these people should be treated with the same respect as the administrative team.

In Conclusion
Over the past Five years, I've seen both players and admins come and go; as well as servers and ideas. However, this server would not have lasted as long as it did without those who were truly and ultimately dedicated to it and the site it was hosted on. Through all the ups and downs, distractions, screw-ups, and gods know what else; it was people like you that kept it all going. And hopefully will continue to breathe life not only into this server, but other servers that will hopefully spring up in the near future.

Thank You

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Cross

-Insert clever signature here-

the_grub

r u avin a giggle ther m8, il bash ye fookin ead in i swar on me mum

lumberjackingHAM

Quote from: the_grub on 13-02-2017
Quote from: gcat64 on 26-12-2016
Well said, James, well said.

you got something on your nose

Its brown and it smells bad, in case you were confused
Terraria Name: Davos and Viscera

JoJo