|KZRI|Ecologist Information Archive [+ Level 2]

Started by ISPYUDIE, 11-04-2011

ISPYUDIE

Any information regarding a subject submitted by an Ecologist will be archived here for future reference or use during research

'Sparkler' Artifact
-A bright representative of the electrostatic family of artifacts, this artifact can smooth fluctuations in electric field density. Emits radiation.

" After doing some scans and some field work I noticed that these "Sparklers" seem to be very frequent from a anomaly I was studying called a  "Electric" As the name states this anomaly shocks all who even near its radius." -Richard L. Vangraff

"I haven't seen much pulse with this, from other research, I have seen that most of the other Artifacts have some sort of pulse like function." -David Walsh

'Jellyfish' Artifact
-This gravitational artifact absorbs radioactive particles, reducing the effects of radiation on the body.
"This "Jellyfish" as its called emits a high radiation factor and had to be stored properly for later studying but from what I saw, They seem to Pulsate." -Richard L. Vangraff
'Fireball' Artifact
-Crystallizes in the anomaly Burner. Fights well with radioactivity, though the heightened rate of energy exchange wears out the muscles of the moving apparatus. Won't be able to run for long. Artifact emits heat.

"It seems to always be emiting a warm heat yet has a little radiation"  -Richard L. Vangraff

'Spring' Anomaly Artifacts
"Acting upon information gained from a few Mercenaries, I headed out to a 'Spring Anomaly' (Photo-Projectile). Upon arriving at the site, I moved closer to the anomaly; picking up little radiation, I moved in closer. A small item caught my eye, it appeared to be an artifact (Resultant of the Anomaly).

Side note: Artifact will now be referred to as '209'.

Upon closer inspection, 209 retained many similar properties to a 'Spring' Artifact. I carefully placed 209 into a small, secure container and made my way back to the Bunker.
Soon after making my way back to the bunker, I had confirmed that 209 was in fact an active artifact, perfect for this project.
Leaving 209 within a secure depository, I headed out once more, to the marshlands near the headquarters of DUTY, alone. I collected around five litres of the water, returning that to the bunker. The parasitic lifeforms within the water were studied before the experiment.

Study notes: The parasites appear to be slow in movement, most appearing to be of a Protozoa state.

I removed the dirt coating upon 209, then began to seperate the parasitic water up into six small vessels. I allowed a varied time of exposure to each vessel, beginning with them all exposed at the same time, then removing one every thirty minutes.

Vessel one: Little had occurred within this short space of time, although it appears that the parasites have accelerated their movements.

Vessel two: Little variation from Vessel one, same accelerated movements, irratic mitosis of cells.

Vessel three: Some cells showing up early staged of cancerous-type mutations, ceasing to function correctly.

Vessel four: Parasites performing mitosis at an alarming rate, with a high 'fatality' rate. Water appears to be full of decaying cell structures.

Vessel five: Water appears to be frothing. Upon inspection, parasites appear to be 'attacking' each other, possible genetic alterance due to the exposure to 209.

I relieved vessel six from exposure for two hours without studying it, then placed it back under exposure for three hours, then examined it.

Vessel six: All parasitic lifeforms appear to be dead, the water is saturated with the dead cell structures.

The effects the 209 appear to have a positive effect on cells over a short period of time, although long exposure gives negative results." -Dr. Michael Wrenn

Snork Mutant
"The snork, which this creature is commonly referred to, is the remnants of a Ukrainian soldier, gathered via examining the creature's tattered apparel. After examining and testing one of the creature's corpses, it seems that It's gas mask has become a part of the face of the creature, also having poor eyesight due to mutation, and the general cracks in the creature's mask, though from older reports, and testimonies from stalkers, it has incredibly great sense of smell, which I have concluded is how it finds its prey.
On to this creatures appearance, it is easily identified by tattered clothing and animalistic-like habits, such as walking on all fours, which is due to the fact that of its exposed spine, which is unable to hold its weight while standing up right. Aside from the tattered clothing, it also generally has man lesions and wounds on the body. Also after further analyzing the creatures vocal cords, I have concluded they are mutated beyond the possibility of speech, it's only use of vocal cords are growls, varying in level of sound depending on the circumstances, the loudest reported, being right before attacking.
Aside from the other things stated above, after analyzing the tendons in the foot of one of these creatures, curious of how they can leap a remarkable distance, I have discovered due to large mutation of the tendons, these creatures can do this leap with ease, using relatively little energy."  -Thomas Moyareal

If you wish to addon to the arcive, post your research results on the network, than PM Dr. Witte or Dr. Vangraff about your post.

Blake.H

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"