Star Wars RP

Started by Ragolution, 10-04-2011

Ragolution

Quote from: irondeity on 13-04-2011
Im happy you did not list the Force Wars. That would have been a powergaming nightmare.

hahaha

Roy

yea I think Jedi and Sith are gonna be power gamed unless we were to make a chart for people powers and stuff like that
People will be like no man I total force choked you and you are dead. "No I killed you with my magical lightsaber that fly out when you started doing that and stabbed you through the heart."

Paintcheck

I think Jedi and Sith could easily NOT be powergamed if the admins weren't retarded. Yes they are powerful but not every Sith and every jedi exhibits the mastery of the ones seen in the films. Apprentices for example wouldn't be able to stand up to more than 1 or 2 people at a time, ambushes and sniping still work to kill them. Really it's not any less power gamey than someone with an Exo on STALKER or an Overwatch troop on HL2. Or just limit their numbers via application as if they were a faction. Having clear rules for the ability levels of each Jedi/Sith would work too. Yes it might take a little more effort to keep straight but I wouldn't say it was impossible.

Plus if you have Sith and Jedi on each side they'd naturally seek each other out for combat. Reputation would keep scrub smugglers from tangling with Master Sith (since ICly the abilities of a Jedi/Sith would be extremely well known and feared) while at the same time characters that are strong in conventional combat could take a weaker jedi without much more effort.

Ragolution

Quote from: Paintcheck on 13-04-2011
I think Jedi and Sith could easily NOT be powergamed if the admins weren't retarded. Yes they are powerful but not every Sith and every jedi exhibits the mastery of the ones seen in the films. Apprentices for example wouldn't be able to stand up to more than 1 or 2 people at a time, ambushes and sniping still work to kill them. Really it's not any less power gamey than someone with an Exo on STALKER or an Overwatch troop on HL2. Or just limit their numbers via application as if they were a faction. Having clear rules for the ability levels of each Jedi/Sith would work too. Yes it might take a little more effort to keep straight but I wouldn't say it was impossible.

Plus if you have Sith and Jedi on each side they'd naturally seek each other out for combat. Reputation would keep scrub smugglers from tangling with Master Sith (since ICly the abilities of a Jedi/Sith would be extremely well known and feared) while at the same time characters that are strong in conventional combat could take a weaker jedi without much more effort.

Hence why I mentioned low level knights/initiates in my earlier post, with one or two jedi masters.

Tom

tl;dr, I think that this has a low chance of coming out with HGN, in fact I DO NOT WANT THIS for Gmod, as much as I love SW, I do not want to see it in Gmod or HGN, as our current track record with "To be released" crushes people to the point of cynism, or when it does get released, it somehow gets ruined by some players/admins and then the powers that be try to micromanage and then it dies a horrible diarea death, then the admins of said server decide that its not worth working on anymore and then they jump onto some other server. (This happened in SRP and in FORP and in CRP)
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Cutch

Quote from: Tom on 13-04-2011
tl;dr, I think that this has a low chance of coming out with HGN, in fact I DO NOT WANT THIS for Gmod, as much as I love SW, I do not want to see it in Gmod or HGN, as our current track record with "To be released" crushes people to the point of cynism, or when it does get released, it somehow gets ruined by some players/admins and then the powers that be try to micromanage and then it dies a horrible diarea death, then the admins of said server decide that its not worth working on anymore and then they jump onto some other server. (This happened in SRP and in FORP and in CRP)
Thnx for summing up my time here, Tom. Thanks a lot.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Pink!

Tom makes a good point; I love Star Trek far too much to allow HGN to run it.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

lolKieck

Quote from: Cutch on 13-04-2011
Quote from: Tom on 13-04-2011
Thnx for summing up my time here, Tom. Thanks a lot.
And also with GMod players, I'm sure the whole idea would die out, because of bitching, power- and metagaming.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Paintcheck

Quote from: lolKieck on 14-04-2011
And also with GMod players, I'm sure the whole idea would die out, because of bitching, power- and metagaming.

This. It doesn't matter who runs it, players are fucking morons who will try their goddammed hardest to ruin everything related to balance  and fairness. That's not just limited to HGN, despite what you think, Pink (and if you feel that everyone is so "beneath you" then why are you still here?).

Edited this about 19 times to get the point across properly.

lolKieck

Quote from: Paintcheck on 14-04-2011
Quote from: lolKieck on 14-04-2011

This. It doesn't matter who runs it, players are fucking morons who will try their goddammed hardest to ruin everything related to balance  and fairness. That's not just limited to HGN, despite what you think, Pink (and if you feel that everyone is so "beneath you" then why are you still here?).

Edited this about 19 times to get the point across properly.
This is why we don't get all the good things.
Now, back to the topic, metagaming, why ?  Jedi have some sort of senses, which let them feel the emotions of surrounding people (can be used to count maximum people in breached room).
Also, midichlorians are making Jedi's, not some retarded Chosen One's. More midichlorian in your cells = better the person is at the Force. I wonder if Bantha's would become Jedi or Sith.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Pink!

I do not think HGN is 'beneath me', at all, nor have I ever implied that.

It is flawed, though that much is obvious to anyone, and to be frank, a significant number of its population are immature and slightly deranged. (Again, obvious.) Yet despite that, everyone loves the community with passion, and I have had many, many great times roleplaying here, and hope I will continue to. The fact I see problems and try to fix them does not mean I consider the server 'beneath me', it merely means I love it enough to want to improve it.

In other words: HGN is a flawed diamond? And I love the community for it.

Roy

Back on topic
So what age in Star wars timeline wise would you want this Star Wars RP

Pink!

Original films, but with more Jedi and Sith?

Ragolution

Quote from: Sith 121 on 14-04-2011
Back on topic

Hyperspace Wars.

Paintcheck

If we used the original films then there'd be no reason to have jedi/sith and that problem would be solved.

I think The Old Republic timeline is more interesting just because A LOT of people will want to be Jedi/Sith.

Agera

Well, you could always make people create their character, post it in the forum, have it reviewed then gived the password for said server. Of course, it would be tricky as it's tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time it's tricky.

Steven :D

+support this idea.

Maxi96203

Quote from: Ragolution on 14-04-2011
Back on topic

Hyperspace Wars.

When you say "Hyperspace Wars" there are two, the Stark Hyperspace war and the Great hyperspace war.

Both of which Jedi where highly deployed in the front lines.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Ragolution

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 15-04-2011
Back on topic

Hyperspace Wars.

When you say "Hyperspace Wars" there are two, the Stark Hyperspace war and the Great hyperspace war.

I meant GHW.
Not too many think about/know about the Stark HSW

Maxi96203

Quote from: Ragolution on 15-04-2011
Quote from: Maxi96203 on 15-04-2011
Back on topic

Hyperspace Wars.

I meant GHW.
Not too many think about/know about the Stark HSW

Yes, but there are also problems with this, if we are going to not use Jedi then it won't fit the canon much, seeing as Jedi where highly active in the Hyperspace War.

Btw, discovery of the Sith ftw.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Tom

Like I said the life expectancy. . . we may get a surge in new players. . . BUT then for some reason or anouther, someone will do something stupid or abusive and the server will slowly die from the fallout of the said abusive person and Nothing will happen to them. So more E-Drama will happen, end resault? FORP
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Dug

Admins should be picked carefully, not like straws.
Just my two cents.

Pink!

I still want to be Leia.

Ragolution

Quote from: Pink! on 20-04-2011
I still want to be Leia.

Bargon wanchi kox paa ol Jeday.

(Protip: Jabba quote)

Pink!

You want me to pull on a metal bikini dress and strangle you, Rag?