Half-Life 2 Roleplay.

Started by Sharrock, 27-02-2011

Mango

Excellent OP for an excellent idea.  I give you all of my +Supports.

Paintcheck

You're ignoring a lot of my points.

I didn't say there wouldn't be events, I said the events would get tired after a while. There's only so many times you can "rebuild this building" or "route the powerlines" before it gets stale.

Gathering in the slums...yeah that works but again after 5 CP raids you've seen it all.

Relationships...meh. Can be done in other RPs just as well.
The tl;dr is I don't see what this offers that the 90000 established HL2 servers don't. And I think most of us would rather see FO or CRP although at least the content an shit for this already exists so it won't take long to get up.

jaik

I wanted to avoid posting here, but as a 07er TnB member I have to explain what the problem is and state my opinion about this.

Both Tom and Paintcheck have said pretty much everything that there's to say, however to those who believe that being a citizen is fun; it surely is. However that is not quite possible with a playerbase we have.
Why? Because we like to pew-pew pretty much every possible moment. You will find most people applying for CP or constantly searching for a rebel to suck his dick and join the Resistance.

Now I think that Sharrock should not be the project leader of this. He failed to accept constructive criticism and states that Paintcheck's ability to passive RP is missing. That sounds to me like this project won't be here for a long time if this behavior continues.

Don't get me wrong, I like HL2RP generally and will definitely try this out, however I want to point out what happened when we tried HL2RP twice.

1) Server inactive
2) Leader permabanned
3) Forum wipe

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Legit|Brandon

All these first posters are popping out odd, Well maybe I'll hop on and see how the Resistance looks when its up.
For Freedom

Dug

I like to be an optimist and see how this goes trough.
I'm not a big fan of HL2RP, but if it brings new members to the community, then let it slide.
I think it's all about giving that one chance. If it doesn't work, then oh well.

Bl★ck Star

Nice wall of text, I support this Idea as you put alot of effort into it. We already had Hl2 RP once but it died cause noone played it. When this server get's up, I will be more online in Gmod :D

Steven :D

I'm more of a MPF JURY guy so I support this. I will be looking forward to this if silver says "k" lol.

Sharrock

Brandon all of the new posters are people Silver told me get from out of the community who wanted it.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Kay, bend over under that guillotine.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: ...
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Wait.
Sharrock: Homo
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Fuck.

Tom: Look at the roster
Doomburger: "110th Regiment Blood Company Reaper Squad Roster
Started by Doomburger"
Doomburger: get my name off
Doomburger: I beg you
Doomburger: I may have done some ridiculous things, but come on

slappymcqueen

nKe

People keep saying that everyone only wants to be cop..
I only wana be in resistance :p

Paintcheck

Quote from: Nik3 on 28-02-2011

Which is the other side of the issue. That everyone will want to be a cop or a resistance.

nKe

Quote from: Paintcheck on 28-02-2011
Quote from: Nik3 on 28-02-2011

Which is the other side of the issue. And while we are talking about leadership issues further, Sharrock is the same person who was giving control of the Traders for about a month and immediately began to turn it into a dictatorship where all other traders had to pay him "tribute" and give him a percent of their profits. I feel like he has demonstrated numerous times that he isn't a good leader.
Although I guess the silver lining is with this up I won't need to deal with Sharrock on a server I actually want to play on, like FO if it ever makes it out of the womb.

mebby give the man a last chace?
Anyways, whats the "other side of issue"? You didnt mention that.

Paintcheck

The point I was making was that everyone will flock to Combine/Resistance and no one will want to play as a citizen. Which I guess is fine but it seems like Hl2 DM would be the better outlet for that than a whole RP server.

Sharrock

I never made traders pay tribute, go ask Arex. And it won't be Combine/Resistance, citizen RP is very interesting just it relies heavily on the player itself to put the effort into it to make it entertaining.

Started by Doomburger"

Knife_cz

Quote from: andrewhatesyou on 27-02-2011
Quote from: knife_cz on 27-02-2011
+support,but only if you make me vortigaunt..vortigaunts are awesome..

So you can RDM and get permabanned on that server too? Hmm, good idea!

Anyways, I say +support.

Vortigaunt under combine control,and no,i am not RDMing faggot.even when i done some shit,no i do not RDM.

Pink!

Quote from: Sharrock on 28-02-2011
I never made traders pay tribute, go ask Arex. And it won't be Combine/Resistance, citizen RP is very interesting just it relies heavily on the player itself to put the effort into it to make it entertaining.

BAM.

That is the reason HGN should not launch a HL2RP server. Yes, taking a passive role is an excellent way to get by and enjoy intricate, well-developed roleplay on any server. However, for that - other people are required. They need to be willing to sit down, type, and develop characters. Even a simple beating should create a complete psychological breakdown; humiliation and pain.

Do you honestly think HGN can manage such a role? Even now, judging by the attitudes, people want to be the 'cool man'. The vortigaunt, the CP, the rebel - yet the most important role is that of the citizen, who recieves a paragraph and absolutely little to no planning. Stating that "you'll run events" is not, in any way, an indication of progress, and indicates to me the lack of thought you've put into that concept.

I honestly do not care for the Metropolice, and the massive amount of detail means nothing to me - for rules and regulations do not promote or create roleplay.

What do you have, at the moment? A roster for a faction, rules and regulations, but nothing in the way of ideas, concepts, setting, storyline, characters, location, possible activites, etcetera. You have nothing, and unless you can create something, the server will develop in the manner the naysayers say it will.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

nKe

Quote from: Pink! on 28-02-2011

BAM.

That is the reason HGN should not launch a HL2RP server. Yes, taking a passive role is an excellent way to get by and enjoy intricate, well-developed roleplay on any server. However, for that - other people are required. They need to be willing to sit down, type, and develop characters. Even a simple beating should create a complete psychological breakdown; humiliation and pain.

Do you honestly think HGN can manage such a role? Even now, judging by the attitudes, people want to be the 'cool man'. The vortigaunt, the CP, the rebel - yet the most important role is that of the citizen, who recieves a paragraph and absolutely little to no planning. Stating that "you'll run events" is not, in any way, an indication of progress, and indicates to me the lack of thought you've put into that concept.

I honestly do not care for the Metropolice, and the massive amount of detail means nothing to me - for rules and regulations do not promote or create roleplay.

What do you have, at the moment? A roster for a faction, rules and regulations, but nothing in the way of ideas, concepts, setting, storyline, characters, location, possible activites, etcetera. You have nothing, and unless you can create something, the server will develop in the manner the naysayers say it will.

I agree.
Citizen RP will be lots of fun, even if it means getting beaten up by swarms of cp's,
since if you get out of the situation alive -> Chr development -> Fun (my opinion)

I suggest that there will be ONLY citizens and CP's (+ vortigaunts???)
and let the citizens themselves form the resistance groups.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Pink! on 28-02-2011

BAM.

Pink! wins at life.

Sharrock

This was a rough draft Pink, the citizen will have a whole thread about them once we have it all finished. We got the easiest stuff out of the way first, which still took a lot of time for us to do. We just posted the MPF sections to show the work we did on them. Citizens, Vorts, and rebels will have more work done for them to explain them more in depth. And for the resistance Nik, we are having a main resistance to keep it there, but groups are allowed to start up on their own. We are letting players choose how they want to play as much as we can along with character development. This is not near the finished project. And since Silver is doing the server as he is working on the script right now we will begin more work for the rest, such as City administrator, Vorts, citizens, and rebels.

Started by Doomburger"

Pink!

This was a rough draft Pink, the citizen will have a whole thread about them once we have it all finished. We got the easiest stuff out of the way first, which still took a lot of time for us to do. We just posted the MPF sections to show the work we did on them. Citizens, Vorts, and rebels will have more work done for them to explain them more in depth. And for the resistance Nik, we are having a main resistance to keep it there, but groups are allowed to start up on their own. We are letting players choose how they want to play as much as we can along with character development. This is not near the finished project. And since Silver is doing the server as he is working on the script right now we will begin more work for the rest, such as City administrator, Vorts, citizens, and rebels.

You haven't addressed any of the points I made.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

jaik

May I ask why is Silver developing HL2RP?
All previous leaders were coders themselves to a degree(yes, even Kirill, however mostly it was coded by a person whom name I can't remember).
This is merely an assumption. However it seems that you really have no experience in general server managing, which is quite a disappointment.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

nKe

Quote from: Jake on 28-02-2011
May I ask why is Silver developing HL2RP?
All previous leaders were coders themselves to a degree(yes, even Kirill, however mostly it was coded by a person whom name I can't remember).
This is merely an assumption. However it seems that you really have no experience in general server managing, which is quite a disappointment.

You gotta start from something :P

Sharrock

I addressed one of them. The others I can not doing anything about as it depends on the players RP. Of course we can help players better their RP, but even then it's only to a certain extent that the player lets us assist them.

Started by Doomburger"

Radek

It feels like most of the issues That have been put up boils down to you guys thinking the hgn playerbase is a bunch dmers, God sake guys.. Give people some faith.. And Paint if you dont like Half life roleplay then Fine.. We get it.

I like You paint but you have a habit of jumping to conclusions, Sure Sharrock might not have been trader head for so long but does that really mean he will automatically be a shitty server leader?
I know You want Fallout rp to come out, most of us do but it just ain't ready and most likely wont be anytime soon.

And Pink, sure there are a few things missing from the post that should be there that i agree should have been written down right away, the location and exact point in the timeline and such. You might not Like the Mpf and that's fine, sure you might not feel like rules and regulations will help with rp then your obviusly not the best Combine, others Like me see a lot of ways to enrich your rp with them.

And like i said before you guys are mostly bashing the communities ability to rp.
If your so damn good at rp then go on and help the rest show them how fun it can be to rp as a citizen, I myself have had lots of fun times rping as a citizen and i'm more then willing to rp as one and help the rest if they find their experience lacking.
Just saying, don't be so fast to dismiss something new just because you guys have a personal problem with Sharrock or just because something is missing right now.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Paintcheck

Removed because I got my apology.