Professors Borvinka Rovilski Daily Log

Started by Tunddruff, 27-02-2010

Tunddruff

Day 1                                            Day 1                                             Day 1                                              

I haven't figured out how to make the camera on this damn PDA work yet, so there will not be any pictures in this log.

I arrived in the zone today, I made it to the bunker too. Lucky for me, without any trouble. I received my PDA, and equipment.

I began my introductory study to the zone's anomalous activity, by reading all the data that has been gathered ON Artifacts, anomalies, and anything related to those two topics. There was no data on any of it, or as Professor Regnov knows of. I decided to construct a detector, or scanner, for anomalies. When placed in a certain area they relay data to the Lab/Bunker. After about 2 hours of work, I had one in working order, I left the schematics on a flash drive. I will attach a link to the file when it is uploaded. The device works on finding sudden changes in either temperature, pressure or gravitational flux (based on what I have heard from people, or stalkers they are know. I am signing of as I am quite tired. Ill continue my logs tomorrow.

~Prof. Borvinka Rovilski

Tunddruff

Day 2                                            Day 2                                             Day 2                                             

Here is the summary for today's work. It seems that we have a lot less info that I thought when I signed on.

My day started by reproducing my prototype scanner, making three duplicates. I gave these ones a harder casing making them weigh in at about 23 kilograms, when the prototype weighed about 18 kilograms. I will take a photo when I begin my next days work, along with any other devices I create or alter.

I let out the a broadcast, not knowing how far it would be hear requesting for three "equipped and strong backed" people. The first person that showed up went by the name Jonathon Crowley, the next two people went by the names "Ren" and Goose. I will talk about them more later in the report. I more people seemed to show up than were needed and they were turned down. I ordered the three people to pick up the detectors and follow behind me. We placed on in a place called "Freedom" the place was completely empty so I dont think anyone will mind the detector being there. We seemed to being followed by a few people (Or "Stalkers" as the mercenaries refereed to them as). "Ren" was quick to fire of some warning shots. I let "Ren" lead the way to the garbage. It seemed to be faster than the way I was going to take. More and more people began following us. There were about four to maybe six people following us. Once again "Ren" got them to leave us alone. She seems to be quite the intimidatory, we continued to a tunnel near a train yard. I was placing it on top of a red oil tanker, when I dropped the detector and it broke. I will need help in the future making better lasting devices, but as for now, my own creations will do. Something called a "Blow Out" was erupting. Everyone began to run, so I followed. When I made it into the tunnel my back seemed to burn and there was no explainable explanation. We waited until the "Blow Out" ended. The told me of a few phenomenons that happen in the Zone. Something known as the "Wish Granter", "Psy Waves" and a mutant called a "Controller". I must speak to Professor Regnov about these, he has been in the zone for a longer duration than I have.

We made it back to the bunker in a short duration. There were a few people standing around in the bunker, but "Ren" once again made the bunker quite. I proposed a contract to the three people. The choice was 1000 roubles, or 750roubles and a contract for work. All three choice the contract. I assume work for them is rare.

This picture includes their names and the details of the contract that they signed

After the two mercenaries departed to do something, I compiled the raw data recovered from the "blow out". It showed that there is a scientific explanation behind the "blow out" and that it is not some super natural force although can be assumed as one.

The compiled data with more information that was displayed

There is my "Day Two Log" I am looking forward to forwarding my study and getting the lab some real results.

Celtic

Very impressive log, although I should expect nothing less from you.  I'd like to stumble upon this character while he's doing some research.

Tunddruff

Yeah. I did some field Research today, found a sparkler ^_^

Tunddruff

Day 12                                            Day 12                                             Day 12                                             

Its been many days since I have been able to get out of bed. Threw my extensive handling of the Sparkler, I seem to have contracted radiation sickness. Although it seems to be my own downfall, I had forgotten that the artifact releases a constant level of radiation. It seems unbelievable how little data the bunker actually has. I read threw all the data on artifacts and anomalies and it is close to none. The seem to be interested in what effects the zone is having on the world instead of how much can be learned FROM the zone. I suppose it is just my scientific curiosity. I know not even Professor Star can blame me for having the desire to learn more about the zone and its ideas, foundation and not only causes but explanations.

In the cell study I was conducting on the Artifact called "Sparkler" and the only way to actually VIEW the cells are on an older microscope and not an electrolysis microscope, this "Sparkler" seems to feed of electricity and grow in power, the change is very subtle to the point were it just seems to emit some additional electrical resistance, with the additional radiation which makes this enigma want me to solve this more and more. Continuing on the cell. The cell itself is foreign to all know cells. They are constructed on some specific matter that was either thrown in or found in the area of the anomaly dubbed as "Electro" and causes the cell structure and the over all DNA, look, and questionably its capabilities. These do seem to have some scientific tendencies though. If I can acquire more of these "Sparklers" it would assist my research greatly. All know "Cell stain" methods have failed.

Ill be requesting some drugs by stalkers momentary. I wish... NEED to continue my research. Anti-rads are what I must acquire.

Professor Borvinka Rovilski
Artifact/Anomaly Scientist/Researcher