The Gathering 2010

Started by Afromana, 07-01-2010

Afromana

I was wondering if anyone was going to "The Gathering 2010", for those who do NOT know, Its the worlds second largest LAN (After Dreamhack that is hosted in Sweden).
The Gathering is hosted in Norway (Us scandinavians love computers) a ton of gamers from around the world gather to compete and play together.

(Too many WoW players :S)

This is an average "The Gathering" Loadout.

I am probaly going and would be fun to meet some other HGN'ers.
Also, the tickets will probaly dissepear by tonight, if you want to order :V
http://partyticket.net/?got=it
Its a great and fun experience for any sort of gamers.

Steel

I love gaming and all... but id never go to something like this personally.

Dark Angel

Would be kinda expensive for me to fly there. I don't want to waste somewhere like  6-8 hours in the plane to play some game with a bunch of nerds. Kinda pointless to my mind .

Jazer

Looks awesome. But I can't go out of my way to fly to Norway, nor would I want to really. I can't tell you though how much I would like to attend ANY big LAN party. There is a couple pretty big LAN parties in North America, but they are on the coasts and not within driving distance.

Bl★ck Star

i often go to Lan partys but i prefer stay in a small group of 8-24 players xD

maybe next year my boi

lol checked flight prices

44€ for a flight to Oslo

15€ for backflight xD

really cheap i must say

Blake.H

Quote from: Dark Angel on 07-01-2010
Would be kinda expensive for me to fly there. I don't want to waste somewhere like  6-8 hours in the plane to play some game with a bunch of nerds. Kinda pointless to my mind .

Agree'd

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Afromana

KillSlim

Do not want.
Good idea, brings people together etc, but I see games I just want to burn. Didn't attend.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Bl★ck Star

Every game is played there that you can think of there are networks for the games

and i asked my dad if i can go there next year he said we will see that propably means yes xD

Lucidius

Quote from: KillSlim on 07-01-2010
Do not want.
Good idea, brings people together etc, but I see games I just want to burn. Didn't attend.

This.

Not to mention not knowing the language so it'de be confusing as fuck.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Bl★ck Star

for that i have my afro boi who is translating

but most speak english cause everyone can understand that (if not hes stupid)

itzmillerrr

I would get so claustrophobic, definite no go.

get at me.

Locke

Lets all meet in Canada :)

Bl★ck Star

lets all meet on a Island somewhere in the middle of a sea, so i can kill you gu-..... heheh i ment, make a HGN lan :D

Magicbones

it go, but i wounder what the rules of a place like that would be....