~New Respect System~

Started by Silver Knight, 02-01-2009

Silver Knight

~New Respect System~

Whoooahh, something new? Yes !  :death:

The Respect System:

The respect system will now replace that month play time to get tooltrust, flags and what not, respect is awarded to players who deserve it.

You need to have 20 respect to give someone a rating, Respect is something to earn, not to gain by just being on the server, as of now all flags need 30 respect to join, Sorry folks, but that's the way it is ! To access the menu type !respect, all design credit for this goes to me, Silver Knight and Robbis_1.

Current Ups of Respect

-100 - PermaBanned (Basicly means you cannot rp at all, i doubt anyone will ever get it)
20 Respect - Can rate someone
30 Respect - Can apply for Faction
50 Respect - Can apply for Tooltrust
70 Respect - Can Use Experienced Flags
100 Respect - We love these players !

Image displaying Respect numbers (changes colour depending on how much respect you have.

Image displaying the menu (when !respect is used)

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Turnkey

Wow. Okay maybe it'll work.

Dom

Oh a bit of sexy me there.

MattyK

1337 Respect: EPIC ADMINZ!
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Impure Reality

30 Respect - Can apply for Faction

If your already In a faction do you get to stay in it?

Silver Knight

If your already in a faction, you don't have to worry.

Locke

Sounds great silver! This should keep the idiots out of factions and tooltrust. Also, maybe a console log of who gave who respect, so someone's not giving respect for Ru and we dont know about it.

And also so that an experienced player doesnt get bombared by a bunch of noobs who are raging at him for trying to enforce the laws. And by noobs I mean idiots who flame people in groups....not naming names *cough*

Bagelz

This is absolutely FANTASTIC! Good job Silver. Now just wait until mingebags start bitching and lying how they got negative respect they didn't *Deserve* hehehe.

Rohok

Well, I sure hope not all of us start out with 0 respect.

SnakeTheFox

Quote from: Bagelz This is absolutely FANTASTIC! Good job Silver. Now just wait until mingebags start bitching and lying how they got negative respect they didn't *Deserve* hehehe.

I imagine this whole system is going to brew lots of whining and bitching about someone exploiting someone else for Respect, giving Respect in NLR situations (IE you killed my friend 2 days ago), and for situations that were fine RP, but made one side mad (IE Freedom and Military get in a brawl, Freedom wins, Military spam negative respect)... and probably only half of it will be falsified.

Maybe I'm a cynic, but I can imagine a lot of potential crying and bitching as a result of this. It looks amazing so far, but I just see a very high potential for disaster.
I was brought into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood; and that's the way I intend to leave it.

Zaki

Script=Ignore.SnakeTheFox| Great Idea, I like it. |/ignore

Wiggles

Fucking brilliant idea!

Rohok

Quote from: SnakeTheFox
Quote from: Bagelz This is absolutely FANTASTIC! Good job Silver. Now just wait until mingebags start bitching and lying how they got negative respect they didn't *Deserve* hehehe.

I imagine this whole system is going to brew lots of whining and bitching about someone exploiting someone else for Respect, giving Respect in NLR situations (IE you killed my friend 2 days ago), and for situations that were fine RP, but made one side mad (IE Freedom and Military get in a brawl, Freedom wins, Military spam negative respect)... and probably only half of it will be falsified.

Maybe I'm a cynic, but I can imagine a lot of potential crying and bitching as a result of this. It looks amazing so far, but I just see a very high potential for disaster.

No, I agree, but hopefully people are more strong willed than that. It's never the system that sucks. It's the people who are a part of that system.

Wiggles

I guess time will tell whether this is win or fail.

Creeding

Start adding to your apps "How much respect do you have?" people...
This message may or may not be endorsed by Creeding and he is by no means held to any comments, posts or any of the like made... Oh, and no. I dont like fancy pancy signatures.

Judas

Quote from: SnakeTheFox

Snake, why do you always use my Military as the minges in all fo your examples....

SnakeTheFox

Quote from: Judas Snake, why do you always use my Military as the minges in all fo your examples....

It was an example, I didn't choose it for any reason, it was just a random spontaneous pick. Also, that's the only example I recall ever making, I don't see how 'All the examples' makes any sense being this is really the only time I've made an example of minging. It was a spontaneous example, if it helps you sleep at night I'll edit in 'Mono' or 'DUTY'.

Better question: Why does everyone ride my ass? Seriously now.
I was brought into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood; and that's the way I intend to leave it.

Alex

I'm worried people who actually have 20 respect will forget to rate others.

Locke

I want to have more than just 2 respect. I've been with the server forever and I'm an admin, but I don't get any respect?

Moordact

So i can't join a faction until i get 30 respect ?

Well it is a good system

But i hope it won't be abused by people who hate others... and start de-respecting the people they hate
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

Zaki

I think Moordact is just afraid of getting negative respect..

Silver Knight

That's why it's at 20 respect to rate someone, all the mingey players won't get enough to downrate someone.

Lone Soldier

I dont like this, I got on the server before the respect system was up, and I left, rejoined and the respect system was up, and I have 0 respect, what the fuck? Please explain this to me. I think all the players that YOU Silver, know are respectful and wont minge, can get 20 respect.
<:: Leve Koslev|Alive|Prof. Issac's apprentice|Strong::>

I fukin luv gunz so plz i kno i lie in my uh ecologiste app butte i luv them so plz still dun ban me, kthxbai

Rohok Teyar: [OOC]: Happens with every gun. o_O The inventory is fucked up the ass like an african giraffe in the amazon.

Dom

Quote from: Lone Soldier I dont like this, I got on the server before the respect system was up, and I left, rejoined and the respect system was up, and I have 0 respect, what the fuck? Please explain this to me. I think all the players that YOU Silver, know are respectful and wont minge, can get 20 respect.
You get respect for good roleplay.. People with 20+ respect will give you respect if you roleplay well, then eventually you'l get 20+ respect and a respect wife, then you'l make a respect family and go on to be respect leader of the world..

Lone Soldier

Quote from: Dom
Quote from: Lone Soldier I dont like this, I got on the server before the respect system was up, and I left, rejoined and the respect system was up, and I have 0 respect, what the fuck? Please explain this to me. I think all the players that YOU Silver, know are respectful and wont minge, can get 20 respect.
You get respect for good roleplay.. People with 20+ respect will give you respect if you roleplay well, then eventually you'l get 20+ respect and a respect wife, then you'l make a respect family and go on to be respect leader of the world..

I know that, but NO ONE has 20 respect lol XD Besides maybe.. 5 6 peaple.
<:: Leve Koslev|Alive|Prof. Issac's apprentice|Strong::>

I fukin luv gunz so plz i kno i lie in my uh ecologiste app butte i luv them so plz still dun ban me, kthxbai

Rohok Teyar: [OOC]: Happens with every gun. o_O The inventory is fucked up the ass like an african giraffe in the amazon.