The Kamov Ka-50 "Black Shark" Attack Helichopter - Required notes.

Started by Crimzon_Reaper, 19-10-2009

Crimzon_Reaper

The Kamov Ka-50 is a single-seater Soviet Attack Helicopter with the addition of a co-axial rotor system.

The 'Black Shark' is unique in it's agility, as with it's combat capabilities.

One thirty-millimeter cannon is rigidly mounted close to the helicopter's center of gravity to provide greater accuracy over range compared to free-rotating cannons, such as that of the Apache's, or the Super Cobra's.
This cannon typically has around 500 rounds to spare in each engagement, before being required to re-arm. The cannon utilizes a dual-feed mechanism, so carries both Armour-Piercing and High-Explosive rounds simultaneously.

Four eighty-millimeter rocket-pods, each capable of carrying twenty S-8 rockets, reside underneath the Black Shark's wing.
The rocket variants used in the Zone in particular by Lieutenant Verdennes are forty High-Explosive rounds, twenty Fuel-Air Explosive and twenty Flechette* rockets.

The general maximum range for all weaponry carried is 3-4 Km, the maximum range of the helicopter itself being 1,160 Km.

That pretty much sums it up. I'm willing to hear opinions, suggestions and complaints.

* - The Flechette rockets explode upon impact with a solid target, hurling roughly 2000 small flechettes around the surrounding area. This rocket itself is seldom used, due to inaccuracy, and waste of munitions.

Midnight

I am guessing that was the chopper that got taken down by just a few stalkers shooting at it not to long ago. Seems those guns and rockets do not work to well when they are not firing back.

Cobra

Quote from: Midnight on 19-10-2009
I am guessing that was the chopper that got taken down by just a few stalkers shooting at it not to long ago. Seems those guns and rockets do not work to well when they are not firing back.

That was the "HIND" otherwise known as the MI-24... The Ukraine Military does not use KA-50 black sharks...

Paintcheck

The Russian military itself barely uses them as they are expensive.

Radek

We got money.. Everything can be aquierd if you have a general.. Aka.. me..
And we never lost a chopper to simple gun fire, A mutant Messed up the back rotor, Thus i had to take the chopper down but i got it fixed.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Crimzon_Reaper

You mean, the mindless DM that was used by said STALKERS, which had no RP element to it?
Kthxbai.

And honestly, I wouldn't go up in an Mi-24. They. Are. Crap. They are massive piles of out-dated junk.

Plunger

Quote from: Crimzon_Reaper on 20-10-2009

You mean, the mindless DM that was used by said STALKERS, which had no RP element to it?
Kthxbai.

And honestly, I wouldn't go up in an Mi-24. They. Are. Crap. They are massive piles of out-dated junk.
Then I expect you'll be paying the 300 Million RU for the upgrade.

Paintcheck

Mi 28 would be more realistic than a KA 50. KA 50s are badass but Ukraine can't afford them. And the Mi24 isn't all that antiquated.

Though I guess it doesnt' matter all that much.

Zero

Quote from: Crimzon_Reaper on 20-10-2009

Kthxbai.

Who said you could at all, in the first place?! and in the actual Clear Sky game, the helicopter was moderately easy to take down, a few more stalkers just made it easier.

Radek

Yea but in real life choppers are near impossible to take down with small arms fire, They are faster Stronger and have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY bigger weapons then the Combine chopper have.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Paintcheck

Quote from: Radek on 20-10-2009
Yea but in real life choppers are near impossible to take down with small arms fire, They are faster Stronger and have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY bigger weapons then the Combine chopper have.

Depends on the helo. HINDS have a reputation for durability but there are also plenty of examples of helos being shot down with rifle fire before.

Plunger

I've already had to remove Crimzon's TT for spawning helocopters without any Role-Play and shooting all the stalkers walking to the Ecologist Bunker.