Practice Buildings

Started by mrd, 27-12-2008

mrd

Lately I have been studying the exterior and interior of many attractive buildings in my area and in other maps. I think it has really shown me what makes buildings and environments look good. Here is on of the many practice buildings I had made. I think it turned out well.

Expect me update this thread. I will post buildings as I make them. Some of them might even appear in the delay map while we are waiting on Hostel's epic map.

Moordact

nice we need to have houses at several locations not just the village
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

Urho

Nice, small storage for garden tools I think?
"The thing about the light you see before death, it ain't heaven son. It's the muzzleblast of an gun"

mrd

Yeah, simple little shack thing.

Urho

Quote from: Molested Rubber Ducky Yeah, simple little shack thing.

Nice work
"The thing about the light you see before death, it ain't heaven son. It's the muzzleblast of an gun"

Raidenator

Put the light on the inside of the roof, and (it may already have one, hard to tell from the render) add window and door frames.

mrd

It has everything you just said but a door frame :P

I added a light_spot under the outside light.

Silver Knight

Detail is the key, add ledges, different textures, loose bricks, random props to make it alook attractive, decals such as ivy, grass, stains, help liven it up.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Rohok

Kinda looks like a muddy gorilla having sex with Jackie Chan down in Laos.

Locke

Quote from: Rohok Kinda looks like a muddy gorilla having sex with Jackie Chan down in Laos.

Wat.

Moordact

it's naise

i have been trying to use hammer

i got boored after this room with light tutorial
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

Urho

Quote from: Rohok Kinda looks like a muddy gorilla having sex with Jackie Chan down in Laos.
I wonder how perverted one must be to get that kind of sick vision about so un-erotic thing as garden tool cottage