Cant play on Redemption Anymore

Started by asoldier290, 02-10-2009

asoldier290

Ok im pretty much fed up with this map at the moment,

Everytime i log on the game runs fine everything runs perfect until 5 minnutes then the whole computer goes to fucking hell in a hand basket. To show you that my computer isnt a pice of crap heres my current Hardware specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage Formula PCI-e
CPU: Intel QQ6600 3.2
Ram: 8gb Ram PNY
Video card: Nvidia 285 1gb rm
Sound card: x-fi titanium
Operating System: Windows Vista 64 bit ultimate

I run crysis at 127 frames a second at very high graphix and nature mod installed and i have no lag what-so ever. My question is what is with this map that makes my computer fucking crash with the following errors and reasons:

1. LUA DUMP memory allocation too low 47000/80000000000 (I get this error while in game in the LUA error box basically it stops getting memory at 1/25 of the total memory i have on my computer.

2. APPCRASH HL2.exe has stopped working (I get this error when I either do one of three things, Load the map, or when i open the Gmod Spawn menu WHILE in the HGN server, Open the Radiation Script Item list.

This is a really annoying problem and i personally cannot understand why, i have built computers for four years and have never had as many problems with any one program in my entire life. TO me it seems that the map is consuming too many of the source materials and is overclocking my card memory? Or theres something wrong with the radiation script that is over exaggerating the allocation.

At the moment i cannot play on the HGN server OR load the Redemption_v2 map, the V1 map loads fine. I went on Kurofags server to see if it was the Radiation script and i loaded in just fine with no problems. So it it just me or am i missing an important step?

Silver Knight

1. Update your graphics card, clean out your gmod folder (Lua from other servers gets compacted and conflicts.

The map has a few things wrong with it (Spawn place, a model with no appearance) The script is aging, theres several things wrong with it atm, and im not going to fix them, id rather finish of RAD2.

But it's also sources fault, the map pretty much exceeds sources limits, i tryed my best to get around them, to have a huge, and good looking map and as optimised as i could possibly do it, it's payed off, but some things just get abit messy when people like to spawn tons of shit. You having a 64 bit OS may be one of the problems too, 64 bit doesn't really suit well with Gaming atm, there's always problems for it.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Torch

You can't get much higher than a Nvidia 285 Silver. I want your Rig man.
Quite honestly its probably a conflict somewhere in your gmod folder, rename it gmod1 if you have the space, redownload the important shit and see if it gets you anywhere. Conflicting lua files can be very touch and gmod is very fragile.

asoldier290

Tried Your method torch, Same issue.

Raidenator

Try downloading and running CCleaner.

Might be a registry thing.

Even if not, it'll boost performance.

asoldier290

I have a large increace in performance. but still no dice

Lucidius

I don't get this issue but if I look in a random direction from spawn, i'll drop to 1 fps, and they will be al over the map. Pinpointed one to the wall by the car in S1 or the car it's self. 10 minutes later itgoes away and is something else, or i'll go to the duty base and looking at the warehouse will drop me to 1 FPS.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

KillSlim

All I can think of are problems in the Gmod folder. Rig looks perfect for the game, and I can't see any issues with a 64 Bit operating system either.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

asoldier290

Thats the think killslim, i uninstalled the entire gmod folder, deleted the garrysmod directory and then reinstalled the content packs and the game and still it crashes.

Midgetonic

yeah this game kills my comp

Tunddruff

Ok. Here is why. In RAD script there are a shit load of lua errors conserning the "nick" AKA nickname.

Doesnt make much sense with your 8gig of ram though. Turn your gfx to low, make it windowed and let it just go. If it doenst respond LET IT GO. Dont close it, it will work

asoldier290

I have the map working somewhat. but for some reason the map looks EXTREMELY shitty. For example:

-The trees are all white
-Instead of the sun it looks like a giant white spotlight is on the map
-Tunnels instantly crash me
-Flashlight usage instantly crashes me
-Menus for both Q and F1-F4 are transparent and are unclickable
-I run an average of 12 FPS, wich i find extremely odd because i play all the HL2 Source games at 200+ FPS (Evga FPS clocker) but for Gmod it just dies.

*Edit Pictures*

http://img11.imageshack.us/i/srpredemptionv2b1day000p.jpg/
http://img114.imageshack.us/i/srpredemptionv2b1day000.jpg/
http://img10.imageshack.us/i/srpredemptionv2b1day000.jpg/
http://img114.imageshack.us/i/srpredemptionv2b1day000j.jpg/
http://img11.imageshack.us/i/srpredemptionv2b1day000s.jpg/

asoldier290

Lucidius

Map is that way for me, exept I don't get crashed like that.

ALot of the time my game just freezes randomly for 1-5 minutes and then I lose my hands and any weapon excluding the one i'm holding.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

asoldier290

I just hope Rp_chernobyl will fix this issue

Silver Knight

srp_chernobyl won't reach the limits of hammer on it's first release, Redemption has reached the limits of the source engine. So no, there probably won't be any problems, besides, all Redemption needs is a revamp of the spawn area, and general optimisation to keep things at a safe level.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

SigismunT

Yeah, I hate this. I fixed it by low graphics, no crazy lags but ruined graphic.
Ilya "Skull" Maslov - Ex-Duty
Nikolai Gambarov - Ecologist, retired

Caylob

Agree with Killslim, Propably a Gmod Folder Issue..
Character(s)
Tolik Brome: Loner- Alive
Smith Walin: Loner - Alive
Andrei Grovinski:  Loner - Alive

Goose

WELL now that srp_chernobyl Alpha is out you dont need to play on redemtion so get moving :P
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"