A suggestion for improvment and realism.

Started by Steel, 23-09-2009

Steel

Well i dont know if its possible or anything, but as shown in stalker, and in real life is weapon jamming, i mean it may be obsolete because it can be RP'ed. but who would RP it?
And i dont know if your already planning it... but the actual stalker inventory, everyone playing on the server generally knows how to play stalker, and new people will find it a little easier to use.

Dark Angel

Sometimes i RP getting my weapon jammed. :V

Play to win isn't that fun sometimes.

Farenheit

I agree with Dark Angel. I RP allot of cannon-like stalker things. Playing guitar, harmonica, will randomly have a weird ass job for any stalker, and course the weapon jamming. One thing I miss is the jobs Ecologists and Scientists gave out in the games, where's that?

Steel

Ah i see, i mean i did think about the whole RP side of it of course. But its only the real RP'ers that would simulate jamming, i myself personally would too

Lucidius

Even more so for LR300 users.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Torch

Quote from: Lucidius on 24-09-2009

LR300s should jam like fucking all the time. Its a weapon that's extremely similar in design to the M16, so if a little breeze blows a little dust into the barrel, it'll jam. Fuck, if the weapons completely clear it'll have a 25% chance to jam :V

asoldier290

Being able to RP a jam is just spice on the cake if you can do it great. if you cant FAIL

KillSlim

Quote from: Farenheit on 23-09-2009
I agree with Dark Angel. I RP allot of cannon-like stalker things. Playing guitar, harmonica, will randomly have a weird ass job for any stalker, and course the weapon jamming. One thing I miss is the jobs Ecologists and Scientists gave out in the games, where's that?
Missions take a long time to setup. It will take longer to setup even more 'Sequal Missions'.
Rewards are shite also because of Ecologists being so poorly funded.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Paintcheck

Quote from: Torch on 24-09-2009
Quote from: Lucidius on 24-09-2009

LR300s should jam like fucking all the time. Its a weapon that's extremely similar in design to the M16, so if a little breeze blows a little dust into the barrel, it'll jam. Fuck, if the weapons completely clear it'll have a 25% chance to jam :V

Do not talk about things you know nothing about please. LR300s are piston driven. They are basically AK 47s with M4 form factors. Piston driven = Cleaner, more reliable, and cooler than direct impingement (what the Ar15 series uses, also known as the "shitting where you eat" method of action).

And ever since the M16A1 even the direct impingement Ars have been more reliable than people think. There was a test recently of a couple different carbines and although the M4 got its shit pushed in by such models as the 416 (also a piston driven AR) and the XM8 (basically a G36), it still jammed  "only" 882 times in 60,000 rounds. That's about a 1.47% chance of a stoppage, hardly the "25%" you're talking about. And this test was after all the rifles had been buried in sand, a clean rifle would probably jam less. Considering that the 416, which is a piston driven AR like the LR 300 jammed only 233 times in the same test (which is a .37% chance of stoppage), I'd say the LR300 is probably fairly reliable. (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=324325).

Steel

Its the truth about the whole piston side of things, creates less muck.

Locke

Wow paintcheck, blew my mind.

Steel

Weapon mechanics is easy stuff :P

Paintcheck

Apparently not given that half the people in this thread thought LRs jam 25% of the time.

Steel

The LR is a pretty fine weapon, mind you, anything is, as long as the user knows how to look after it. The L85A1 was awful, but the A2 has improved so much, its one of the finest assault rifle in the world now.

Locke

Before you told me, I thought the Lr-300 was a russian replicate of the m16 -___=

Paintcheck

LR300 is made by an obscure US company known as ZM Weapons. It's not a very popular gun at all because it is extremely over priced when compared to similar ARs. Kind of weird that it's in STALKER actually as there aren't all that many of them in the real world...

Simme/Panda

Maybe in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., since its in the future, something has happend to the wapons/company so they arenĀ“t that expensive anymore? Maybe the company got a real buyer and made some money for the production?

Steel

Hmm it seems to me because of the description in the game that maybe nato forces have now adopted it as their primary weapon, seeing as mercs etc use it, and its classed as a nato weapon.

Pachira

Quote from: Dark Angel on 23-09-2009
Sometimes i RP getting my weapon jammed. :V

Play to win isn't that fun sometimes.
Heh i did that while UN stalker and I were fighting a bloodsucker (cant remember his name sadly)
Characters:
Ivan Nikolaev|Loner|Alive