My Attempt At Making STALKER Redux NOT Suck Cock

Started by mrd, 20-12-2008

mrd

Military warehouse.

Replaces the Junk.

Random Treehouse thing for bandits, fixing fullbright problem.

Random barn thing

Random destroyed building

NEW MILITARY CHECKPOINT :'D

STALKERS have to walk in between the two bases.

Random building.

Opened up ALL of the bunkers.

This is a alpha, I removed all the trees and I am doing that from scratch. I think this was a good attempt.

Urho

Awesome! Only fix the textures on the barn and the treehouse, and the lightning there and there on the buildings, and its perfect!

Are you also making the map bigger?
"The thing about the light you see before death, it ain't heaven son. It's the muzzleblast of an gun"

RAPTOR

I chill quite often.

Silver Knight

Seems we might get a better version of redux -.- i hate redux.. MAKE IT NIGHT.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Carnage

And Vityaz from Fyren. And Fyren from Silver. And really, it goes on. It's like a giant homo sex train

-Rohok Teyar

mrd

Quote from: Carnage UBER AWESOME EPIC SHIT LULZ

BAH FUCK YOU

Raidenator

It's not great, fix up the lighting issues, and I see "Warning: overflowed CclientRenderablesList Group 7" which means you need to optimize it.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R models aren't great either.

Add some window frames and door frames to the buildings, and the warehouse looks a lot worse.

The barn is awful looking, and it's too small.

Those plaster ruins need some more details, e.g. rebars, holes, and they should be func_details.

The military checkpoint is okay, but to improve it add some windows, some architectural eye candy and some supports to that foot bridge.

The random building is my favorite, just fix the light errors.

mrd

Quote from: Raidenator It's not great, fix up the lighting issues, and I see "Warning: overflowed CclientRenderablesList Group 7" which means you need to optimize it.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R models aren't great either.

Add some window frames and door frames to the buildings, and the warehouse looks a lot worse.

The barn is awful looking, and it's too small.

Those plaster ruins need some more details, e.g. rebars, holes, and they should be func_details.

The military checkpoint is okay, but to improve it add some windows, some architectural eye candy and some supports to that foot bridge.

The random building is my favorite, just fix the light errors.
Thanks for the info, I will fix that right up.

What would you suggest to for the checkpoint?

Rohok

Well, when you go to edit the terrain itself, try to make more hills, and make the trees more dense. It was too easy to spot people hiding behind trees, and it would be better if we could sneak through foliage 'n things. See if you can't figure out how to do that without lots of lag. =P

Dom

The military checkpoint looks too much like a doom fortress, make it smaller and more like a normal building but with fences round it.

The barn is too small and needs some sort of dead crops and shit around it and maybe a farmhouse.

Raidenator

Foxholes, E.D.Ps, towers, razor wire.

Just put in some fortifications, and try to keep the shape of the building a bit less boxy.

"Doom Fortress"?

Woah talk about conflicting views.

Communist Panda

Characters -
John 'Wolf' Rhinehart - Slightly leniant
Alexei 'Skulker' Tarsov - Complete jackass
Vanechka Koslovski - Rough but kind
Dmitri Aleshnikov - Trader, what do you think?

mrd

I have most likely fixed the fullbright problems. It is compiling as we speak. I have added a new warehouse like building. I added some spot lights to the checkpoint and a couple decals. Gave it a much nicer look. The map is dark, very dark. Flashlights will be mandatory. I have added lights to the outside of some buildings. I have completely redone the barn. I took out the plaster building entirely. I plan on adding some more building soon. I hope the water isn't broken.

Urho

Althought, I'd recommend you to change the thread title. I don't know is this the way you get attention, but it definitely doesn't give a good picture of the intelligence of an person. No offense here mate.

As for the map, I'd recommend adding bushes everywhere, it looks like a nuclear wasteland right now (as it did before).
Remember to keep it logical, it would be a bit strange to find a wreckage of an car in the middle of the forest. That would be inpossible to be passable by a car. Keep the reason for everything, as in half life. Where is headcrabzombies, there sure is a headcrab canister somewhere nearby.

The new military outpost buildings needs a quite of an makeup thought. And fences. Remember the military outpost in Cordon? They have fences there for a reason. Remember when the Wolf said that "the military is too afraid to get out of their bases"
"The thing about the light you see before death, it ain't heaven son. It's the muzzleblast of an gun"