New Hard Ass'd Admin

Started by Locke, 19-12-2008

Locke

Last night on the server you were roleplaying, and some idiot came and put an explosive barrel in the middle of the roleplay, as part of the roleplay. For whatever reason it was shot,

and killed a bunch of people, despite the number of people telling the person (wont mention names) to stop doing it. People were saying "Just ban him" and that is what I DIDNT

want to do. I am not an admin that wants to ban long time members of the community, for small time happening. I would talk to them in SF, about why they did what they did and

make sure that they dont do it again. After that I would resort to kicking as a method of discipline, and finally use bans as a last resort. I dont want to be the ban hammer admin that

everyone fears when they go onto the server, I want rp to be possible, with as many members as possible. So that means not banning people all the time. Also, some people said I

was "afraid" of the player..... No. Why would I be afraid of someone with NO power, and not much influence? I didnt kick/ban them instantly because I want to sort it out alternatively,

and not have to ruin an hour of that person's time. So in conclusion, I will be getting slightly stricter, but dont worry, Ill still give people extra chances, just dont mess those up.

Tea

I know how you feel, I was just like that but instead i asked Silver for permission for Bans. He would never answer of course so id end up banning that person ONLY to be bitched at by silver about it, even though i asked for his permission in the first place.

MattyK

Quote from: wallyroberto Last night on the server you were roleplaying, and some idiot came and put an explosive barrel in the middle of the roleplay, as part of the roleplay. For whatever reason it was shot,

and killed a bunch of people, despite the number of people telling the person (wont mention names) to stop doing it. People were saying "Just ban him" and that is what I DIDNT

want to do. I am not an admin that wants to ban long time members of the community, for small time happening. I would talk to them in SF, about why they did what they did and

make sure that they dont do it again. After that I would resort to kicking as a method of discipline, and finally use bans as a last resort. I dont want to be the ban hammer admin that

everyone fears when they go onto the server, I want rp to be possible, with as many members as possible. So that means not banning people all the time. Also, some people said I

was "afraid" of the player..... No. Why would I be afraid of someone with NO power, and not much influence? I didnt kick/ban them instantly because I want to sort it out alternatively,

and not have to ruin an hour of that person's time. So in conclusion, I will be getting slightly stricter, but dont worry, Ill still give people extra chances, just dont mess those up.

You can kick em as much as you like before you hit em with your ban hammer, or just put stupidly low timed bans on the person.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Tea

Quote from: MattyK
Quote from: wallyroberto Last night on the server you were roleplaying, and some idiot came and put an explosive barrel in the middle of the roleplay, as part of the roleplay. For whatever reason it was shot,

You can kick em as much as you like before you hit em with your ban hammer, or just put stupidly low timed bans on the person.

Thats what i did but i was acused for being kick happy for kicking the same guy everytime i told him to stop minging then he cried to silver and turned it on me. Damn you Dragoon and Zaki...

Rohok

Just kick their stupid asses, and if they bitch at you, just tell them to kiss your bare ass.

As admins, you guys are gonna get bitched at for doing your job. =P Just do what you guys gotta do, and we'll end up thanking you for it in the end.

MattyK

Quote from: Fragger21
Quote from: MattyK

Thats what i did but i was acused for being kick happy for kicking the same guy everytime i told him to stop minging then he cried to silver and turned it on me. Damn you Dragoon and Zaki...

!ban 10 "I'm an admin, and I don't take your begging emo SHIT!"

One of the many reasons why this server should have ULX.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Tea

I was removed from TA cause:

Wasnt confident (That means i asked him permission for everything involving ban)

Biased (?)

There is alot of people who like me as a TA, they said i was good and they loved me cause i banned Redneck when we were testing out Robynsvalley.