Making Signatures

Started by Wellington, 19-08-2009

Wellington

For my current sig. I used a freeware program called Gimp to make it. It's not very good. I was wondering what everyone uses to make their signatures. I predict you all mainly use photoshop. Do you have any good alternatives to photoshop? And if not how about how to get some better looking fonts in Gimp because I can't find any. I just downloaded paint.net, is that any good?

Locke

GIMP is probably the best free one, I use photoshop tho.

Wellington

Quote from: Locke on 19-08-2009
GIMP is probably the best free one, I use photoshop tho.
Hmm yeah, but paint.net looks promising. Too bad I don't have photoshop. :O Anyways I can't believe this I didn't have the original file to my signature (had to reinstall vista a while ago) and now  I can't find it anywhere on the internet. If someone could please give me the link the the original pic in my sig that would be really helpful, thanks.

Wellington

Here's my new signature. Made in Gimp. I wish I had photoshop so I could make really nice sigs, but here it is. Anyone who is familiar with either Gimp or Paint.net please feel free to offer suggestions or ideas... Also if anyone knows where I can get any special fonts for Gimp besides the standard microsoft ones that would be appreciated... I mean fonts like the one Locke has in his signature.
Effects used: I believe were Cartoon (Artistic effect), Gaussian blur, Lighting effects. And that's it. Any suggestions of good effects to use?

NEW:

OLD:

Locke

I dont know what to say, its nice but maybe make the font a bit weathered?

Wellington

Quote from: Locke on 28-08-2009
I dont know what to say, its nice but maybe make the font a bit weathered?
Yeah... I WANTZ GOOD FONTS!!!!!!!!! LIKE YOURS! WHY GIMP?! WHY?!

Locke

My font is just 3 font duplicates put together, you can do it with any font you install fool

Wellington

Quote from: Locke on 28-08-2009
My font is just 3 font duplicates put together, you can do it with any font you install fool
Hmmm? Elaborate pl0x. I r nub at photo editing programs...

SpAcY

You copy the text 3 times.

Wellington

Quote from: SpAcY on 28-08-2009
You copy the text 3 times.
Oh I see it now. But I can't get fonts to look that good in the first place. The fonts in Gimp are the standard fare, the same things as in microsoft word.

Moordact

Well , i use photoshop to , not that i bought it ...

Fonts u can google , and i don't think you can make advanced signatures without photoshop
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

Wellington

Quote from: Moordact on 29-08-2009
Well , i use photoshop to , not that i bought it ...

Fonts u can google , and i don't think you can make advanced signatures without photoshop
D: I needz the shop of photoz!

Moordact

Locke

Oh wellington, Paint.net and GIMP are just as good you just need to find some tutorials :v

Wellington

Quote from: Locke on 29-08-2009
Oh wellington, Paint.net and GIMP are just as good you just need to find some tutorials :v
Really? Just as good? Hmmm... yeah I need some tutorials...

Locke

What do you mean cobra

Cobra

Never mind god confused between signature threads my apologies :V

Locke

Oh you, anyways well0rs, just experiment with new styles and brushes. play with opacity etc.

Wellington

Quote from: Locke on 29-08-2009
Oh you, anyways well0rs, just experiment with new styles and brushes. play with opacity etc.
Will do. Is there anyone who uses Gimp that can link me some essential downloads pl0x?

deluxulous

Cool Pic, slap some brushes around there, some blur, maybe a lens flare or two, add a filter, and BAM.

Instant sig.

Wellington

Alright so I've downloaded a bunch of fonts and a few brushes... Locke where did you find that nice background in your sig? I'm looking for something similar to do some experimentation with.

Wellington

Here's my latest attempt at a signature. Now I have a few issues. Mainly, cutting a separate picture from it's original background on to the signature background is EXTREMELY annoying and challenging. Either you erase the background around the picture you want to put on your signature OR you use the scissors tool to cut it out and THEN place it on your signature but it seems either way I end up with MANY white spaces! >.> Take a look. Any suggestions?

Moordact

it's big , try crop it down .

Wellington

Quote from: Moordact on 30-08-2009
it's big , try crop it down .
Oh it will definitely be WAY smaller Moordact. I have yet to scale it.

deluxulous

Use the Scissor tool on GIMP.

Otherwise, use the magic selector tool on photoshawp.

ps, getting rid of this shit signature, brb grabbin new one