Making Signatures

Started by Wellington, 19-08-2009

Wellington

Quote from: PistolKid on 31-08-2009
Use the Scissor tool on GIMP.

Otherwise, use the magic selector tool on photoshawp.

ps, getting rid of this shit signature, brb grabbin new one
Yeah well I DID use the scissors tool AND I tried the magic selector(wand) tool. Both leave me with WHITE SPOTS! It would take me hours to be pin point precise with the scissors.

Locke

Use an eraser with 0% hardness so it has a soft erase area.

Wellington

UPDATE
Okay so I think I have this figured out. Basically I just zoomed in on the image I wanted to cut out and place on a different image so I could be much more precise with the scissors tool. Oh and the hair on the right looks awful. I kinda erased some of it >.>

SCALED

Locke

Pretty nice man, I like it .

Just use that eraser a bit more >:)

Wellington

Hmmm... I don't think I can adjust eraser hardness... And what do you mean use the eraser a bit more? I can get rid of the background easy enough, in fact all I really need to do is use the scissors tool. I just need to be a bit more precise with the scissors and there will be no white spaces.

Locke

Isn't there a magnetic lasso tool like in PS?

Sickness

Do you have like a gallery of all your sigs?
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Locke

He only has 2, and I'm surprised he made such a good one with the program he used.

Wellington

UPDATE
So here's mah latest work:
Thanks to Locke for showing me how to use the eraser tool PROPERLY. :P

The hair on Faith on the right is a little rough but I think it's okay. Also note that there are no visible white spaces as before (thanks to proper use of the eraser). Rate, comment. Any ideas or suggestions please feel free. Also I want to add something else to the sig. but I don't know what, something that will fit the futuristic setting...

Locke

Looks better dude, less white. Photoshop makes it so much easier though.