Freedom! LISTEN UP!

Started by Deet, 31-07-2009

Deet

Start playing more, please. I'm tired of duping the base and going there alone, sitting there listening to the door say "Investigate".

Tunddruff

Investigate[/b]

Radek

You guys should really do something about this.. Freedom is funz :D.. But then again your not alone.. Duty has the same problem.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Dark Angel

These factions should be removed and created all over again with new memmbers.

Problem Solved!

jaik

Quote from: 19YearsOldLesbian on 02-08-2009

Problem Solved!

Agreed >_>.
I recommend me C:
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Rhyom Guther

Imah join Freedom Latr and we has so much buttsecks roleplay together! Its gonah be phun!!  ;D

Radek

And people complained on mili... Ha look who's laughing now.
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Tunddruff

Problem Solved!

If so i still want leader cause i worked my ass of to get it.

Allmostfunny

Quote from: Rhyom Guther on 02-08-2009
Imah join Freedom Latr and we has so much buttsecks roleplay together! Its gonah be phun!!  ;D
ahahhahahahahhahhah XD no thanks

KillSlim

Problem Solved!

Yeah, this won't stop people from applying, getting accepted and then becoming inactive.
This has already happened and is obviously happening now.

Time zones are reasons why some people aren't seen as much, like the Brits here (Like me.) These people are active, although not seen playing by people who constantly complain about Faction activity. IE: The Americans who are on when the Brits aren't.
I sometimes sacrifice my night's sleep to see if I can RP with some of the Americans on the server, but it's really affecting me and it can't continue for quite a few reasons.
So yeah, we're not all inactive. A small handful of players here are what I would say 'Excused' due to us being 5 or more hours ahead.

Edit- Why not add people's timezones on rosters? It would certainly divide people who are inactive or in a different timezone.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Radek

I'm in Sweden we are one hour behind you guys.. And i still dont see any freedomers on and i (Now that i have my holiday and can play all night) Still cant see any freedomers on.. It's sad..

Wellington

Yes Freedom and Duty NEED to get active. Every time I'm on the most Duty I ever see is about 1 or 2 and rarely any Freedom. It get's pretty boring harassing just the stalkers ya know! So get your men active.

Blake.H

The current leaders of freedom, no offence to Tund and Cobra are shit... In-active, don't do fuck all to motivate Freedomers 'k we are invade Duty base today' - yeah great motivation. The reason i left freedom was because of inactive leaders and high members - maybe i should take over freedom? :P

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Cobra

Longlost I am not IN Freedom and I was not a Co-leader or anything of that nature...(Left for a little while because Duty was having there asses handed to them >.>)
.And it's just not there fault it's the others too because they have no opposition to have a little aggressive rp here and there.

Radek

Face it.. It's everyonce fault.. Even Mili.. We And just admitt it.. Kicked both dutys and Freedoms asses.. Which i think Contributed to The inactivety.. But it's not only that.. The inactive leaders that rather play on diffrent chars (Tund I saw you on today :d Props to you!) And the Lower ranked people that are two scared to start anyting on their own..  I will tell my guys to focus On Mutants... As long as your guys stay away from my guys i think we will be just fine.. But If you need anything, Feel free to ask I'm always glad to help :D

KillSlim

Lrn 2 spll.

No, just because we lost a fight or two doesn't mean we're deciding to become inactive. And Tund was on another character because nothing was happening in the Freedom base at the time, and no Freedomers were on. (Same reason why I didn't immediately go on my Freedomer.)
What's the point of him going on his faction leader when he has no one to lead?

There may be something deterring people from going on their Faction characters, for example- I'm deterred to go on my Freedomer when there are no other Freedomers on, when nothing's happening or when I'm outnumbered by rival faction members currently on the server.
Anyway I'm sorry to say that I agree with blake. There's nothing motivating us or our characters, things like training and small events would be cool. If people had something to look forward to on the Server they would surely go on.

Here's an idea event of mine: Tenel and the more experienced Freedomers train the Novices on what specific skill they would like to have. Example: Yurich Klassok would like to become a Sniper. A Freedomer with sniping experience would train him in this skill, the skill would include lots of topics and skills so the event won't be short-lived and boring.

Events + Motivation = Activity.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Tunddruff

You all blame me, yet did it ever occure that THE ROOKIES and lower ranks are not on the server. It may also be because ITS SUMMER VACATION. People travel. And blake. You LEFT freedom, what happens shouldn't matter

And another thing, I have still been active despite the fact that i WAS bored and had no one to rp with.

KillSlim

Another suggestion: Add an 'Inactivity Thread' where people post if they're going away, got stuff happening etc, so we know who's inactive and who's on holiday.
Anyway, I'm not blaming you, Tund, for Freedom's overall inactivity but I do believe it is part of your responsibility to encourage activity via what I said in my previous reply. (Events and stuff.)

People won't come on if they have nothing to look forward to, and if they repeat the same stuff every time they come on. (Come online, guard the base. Wander round ...)

Wellington

Quote from: Tunddruff on 03-08-2009
You all blame me, yet did it ever occure that THE ROOKIES and lower ranks are not on the server. It may also be because ITS SUMMER VACATION. People travel. And blake. You LEFT freedom, what happens shouldn't matter

And another thing, I have still been active despite the fact that i WAS bored and had no one to rp with.
Tunddruff has some very good points there and I have seen him on the server a lot. He's pretty much the only Freedom on lately (except maybe 1 or 2), after all it is summer vacation. Oh and now Locke is back so we'll be seeing more Freedom soon (hopefully). Now as for Duty they are quite inactive.

Crimzon_Reaper

Solution:
I) Motivate people to actually fecking join, and participate in Freedom and Freedom's actions.
II) Remove the in-actives as said Freedom members progress in rank/standing/blow-job ability.
((Before you complain about needing high ranks, a few low ranking members may just be quite prosperous NCOs and officers))

Moss

Maybe more ( Like meh ) would be on if we could apply
Moss--it has the charm of a creeping tune~Even in darkness it still grows.

Why do I love Moss?

I have been asked this question many times. Unfortunately, their is not one easy answer that I can give you.

Radek

First of all.. killslim dont flame.. I got dyslexia Cant do much better.
And another thing.. It's really improtant for the higher ups to be online even if they got noone to lead.. Course when the leader is on other Freedomers (For exemple) Will go on their chars..It worked for me why wouldent it work for you?.. And i dident say it was just becouse we won over you a few times.. It's Just a part of it.. But still Everytime you went on (We do the Same with duty) We go on a raid and kill you one way or the other and i think that has something to do with it.

And like i said.. This is everyones fault not Only Tundruff you guys have to help him to get this faction back instead of just sitt here and talk about it. I really hope this has alot to do with the vacation.. If it dose then i take back everything :)

klp4

Exactly, What Radek said is true guys, he knows what he's talking about, and Tundruff is doing a great job as the leader of freedom. I've seen him online from time to time, and he always tries to get more people to come on so don't blame him.
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

KillSlim

Quote from: Radek on 04-08-2009
First of all.. killslim dont flame.. I got dyslexia Cant do much better.

Flame : Insults. Eg: "Fuck you you're an asshole."
Lrn 2 spll : Instructions.

Paintcheck

This problem is a catch 22: No one will go on their Freedomer if no other Freedomers are on, but that's a self-fulfilling cycle as we have seen.  A big part is also the fact that if there aren't a lot of Freedomers on (like 3 or fewer) but there are like 10 milis or Dutyers on, they both have a tendency to go after us. Which is fine since that's how the factions work but it's not much fun for the 3 Freedomers to get assraped by the 10+ milis. So all the Freedomers get rolled from the sheer might of the mili (earlier today there were 2-3 milis in Exos, 1 in a Skaat, and 2 others in normal suits. At most Freedom has 2 exos, Tundruff and Royz (well ok he usually hangs out in his SEVA but that counts), and nothing comparable to a Skaat. The point of this is to say that even with equal numbers, the active military guys are the ones with the good gear since that is how they got enough funds for the exo in the first place so fights are almost always numerically and logistically in the military's favor). So as we see it isn't possible for the few active Freedomers to compete with the military since even when we aren't outnumbered 2-1 we don't have the equipment to take you guys on. Coupled with the fact that the trader likes to set up in the military town (where we can't go) and the fact that my inventory hates me (3 SVDs and a VSS gone and counting) means that we don't have a lot of higher powered weapons to bring to bear either to negate your suits.
So in order to avoid getting numerically assraped Freedom tends to hang out in S3. But since no one else goes to S3 because the Traders always hang out in Military town or Rostok (both off-limits to uniformed Freedomers) the Freedomers get bored hanging out by themselves and log off or go to different characters, further perpetuating this Catch-22 cycle mentioned earlier. Since our one faction trader is gone no loners have a reason to hang out with us. Freedomers get bored playing with themselves. And then they try something stupid like sneaking into the mili town and trying to stab the Colonel which results in said Freedomer being CK'd (excellent RP to be sure but not all that fun for the sorry sap (aka ME) who constantly gets his ass handed to him for trying shit like that). Which reminds me, not only do we have to deal with the thousands of military guys out there, but recently there have been a shitload of new mercs coming in. Almost all of said mercs work for the military. Since being a Loner is so difficult on this server for a whole bunch of reasons I've stated in other posts, people join merc factions or the military. Coupled with the fact that Duty is the other major faction in that list and you find that Freedom is the most hated faction in the Zone. We have no friends because there are no Loners hanging out with us so we have to contend with a humongous, well-equipped military, a shit load of mercs, and then Duty on top of all that with the 5 or so active people we have. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that for a Freedomer this isn't much fun.
I don't really know how one would fix that problem other than giving us some free/cheap Exos and decreasing the number of military in some way. Or somehow getting more people to be active. Until that happens though I'm going to be staying mostly on my Sucker or Loner. (Well I got Ck'd so I guess my Freedomer is dead anyway pending some further discussion)

Too long, didn't read: Freedom is in a bad way because no one wants to get on their Freedomer when no other Freedomers are on. No one wants to get on their Freedomer because military is too big and too well-equipped for almost any number of Freedomers to deal with, making Freedom the perpetual loser. Freedom has no allies or way of supplies. Ways to fix it would be letting Freedom get some better equipment to better be able to fight the military or possibly getting more Officer/Expert ranks (right now Royz is the only Expert I ever see, and even then I see him very rarely occasionally I'll see Locke I guess but he's also pretty rare) so the rookies have someone to follow. Maybe give those people Exos or SEVAs just to make them competitive.