An Idea so wacky, its GOT to work.

Started by Locke, 15-12-2008

Locke

The Idea

If you look into the development area of the forums, im sure you will see bits and bites of maps , scattered around. Now what we need to do is

band together as a community, and make a map, from all the components created by various community mappers. We could have a

few veteran mappers as the manager, tweaking the places already made by the community.

Its so crazy... its GOT to work!!!

Example:

The trainstation im working on: Spawn

Hostel's town/village: Map and economic center ( because of bar )

Sickness' road's/country: Filler, and important population links.

And anyone else I missed, or who hasnt posted their work.

Thanks, I hope you like this idea

ALL AND ANY IDEAS WOULD LIKE TO BE HEARD

P.s. Hostel, you're my mapping hero

KingArthur

I bet you could copy and pastes maps together, the problem is it would be very large, And some one would need one of those graph things to stop it from laggin' lol

Locke

Thats true, which is why we need an experienced hammer god to work their magic

*Cough* Hooostel *Cough*

Also, this will also bring the community together, and beat the shit out of chernobyl script's map >:3

Royz

It would be awesome to see everybody's bit and parts (gotta look epic though) Banded together, puts some props and displacements and it will look epic!

Locke

Yeah, it would, especially if we can do it within the next year :3

MattyK

Hehe, hell yeah!
I might get my mapping skills up to scratch, and see what I can contribute, namely epic sewers :3
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Royz

Quote from: MattyK Hehe, hell yeah!
I might get my mapping skills up to scratch, and see what I can contribute, namely epic sewers :3

Sure you can do the sewers I guess( or a lab like X18) Ill be doing the Freedom base =D

Rohok

This is a good idea. =P Good luck on the maps, folks. The ones I've seen are looking decent so far.

Reece

Moordact

indeed we need a good map

a big map

and it must play like stalker maps.. not some crappy fog or shit
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!