Fixing the Roleplay( and lack of )

Started by Locke, 15-12-2008

Locke

The issue, to be brief ,is that there is too much OOC.

What we need is a way to disable OOC chat, clientside.

What I mean is that I want to be able to turn off OOC messeges, so I dont hear idiots complaining about their lost Pms.

This was not an issue before, because when the server was new, it was mostly people that knew eachother, but now we have a few in-exprienced people.

We could have someone manage the problems, on OOC, while the rest of us can disable our OOC in the chatbox, and do some un-interupted roleplay.

Please, oh please pay attention to this post, I think it can help the community a lot.

Thanks

Turnkey

Locke

Quote from: Turnkey Get Tacopatch. Simple

I fixed ur spelling :D

Dom

Or you could give world OOC i longer reply delay. That could clean up some mess.

Silver Knight

So you want me to set a longer limit on ooc? how long would you say it should be?

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Rohok

30 seconds to a minute. Anything above this could get frustrating fast. These times allow for a small conversation, but frustrate people enough to where if they wanna bitch, they take it to SF.

Also, I think anyone who mentions Tacopatch, Xray, or any other bot should be disciplined. Off topic, but I've had my Duty guys aimbotted so many times, that it's killing our willingness to participate in any conflicts. No pun intended.

Locke

Quote from: Rohok 30 seconds to a minute. Anything above this could get frustrating fast. These times allow for a small conversation, but frustrate people enough to where if they wanna bitch, they take it to SF.

Also, I think anyone who mentions Tacopatch, Xray, or any other bot should be disciplined. Off topic, but I've had my Duty guys aimbotted so many times, that it's killing our willingness to participate in any conflicts. No pun intended.

I know the feeling, I stick my head out for a fraction of a second, literally, and I die with full hp

Locke

Quote from: Silver Knight So you want me to set a longer limit on ooc? how long would you say it should be?

I think the script should be modified to allow people to turn off and select with text and speech they receive.

Pweese :3

Rohok

I believe if you click "filter" you can fix those issues. I'm not sure, though. Anyway, whoever mentioned Tacobot just brought a new issue to my attention. That's going to need to be dealt with too. If this is going to be a combat RP server as others want it to be, TacoBot and other bots need to be removed completely. Even if it means the perma-banning of the people who use them.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Rohok I believe if you click "filter" you can fix those issues. I'm not sure, though. Anyway, whoever mentioned Tacobot just brought a new issue to my attention. That's going to need to be dealt with too. If this is going to be a combat RP server as others want it to be, TacoBot and other bots need to be removed completely. Even if it means the perma-banning of the people who use them.

It's fairly obvious that such bots are banned from being used on the server, i will try to enforce this rule later, after all the server is still new and there's lots of tweaks still to be made such as:

Admin Roster, server bugs and exploits, item and weapon pricing etc.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Locke

Um, I use radar mod, and I must admit, that besides the chance of metagaming happening, it is a very useful tool, I think that admins should be able to use it to some extent, as I have cought countless idiots with it before the dmed the hole server

Rohok

Quote from: wallyroberto Um, I use radar mod, and I must admit, that besides the chance of metagaming happening, it is a very useful tool, I think that admins should be able to use it to some extent, as I have cought countless idiots with it before the dmed the hole server

Well, TacoScript has an admin observe mode, and a seeall kind of command.

Rohok

Well, it shouldn't be, I'm just throwing out ideas here. I think we should pool ideas from many people, and many scripts.