Map changing, and other unpleasant happenings (Rage post)

Started by Rohok, 14-12-2008

Rohok

If the map doesn't stop changing every two damn minutes, I'm resigning my position as Duty leader, and quitting the community.

Stick to Redux. We don't give a crap about your alpha/beta maps. We don't give a crap about Urbex. We don't give a crap about Whiteforest. We only give a crap about RP.

NOTHING ELSE

If you want to test your maps, do it in singleplayer.

I'm sick and tired of this, and will not stand for it any longer. You expect us to donate when we can't even get a reliable fucking RP sanctuary? PaLEASE.

If you don't care about me leaving the community, that's your problem. But if shit doesn't start looking up, I don't see ANY point in staying. Whatever, your server, do what you want with it. I have no say, and that's fine, but I refuse to stick around if things keep going like this.

Things that are extremely displeasing:

Map changes

The Blood suckers (The only ones that don't suck are Silver, and Locke.)

The props (There needs to be a limit. 10 for non tool trust, 20 for tool trust, 21+ for donators)

The tools (No hoverballs, no thrusters, no shit like that. It lags. Who's moronic idea was it to make a stupid hover death machine in the first place?)

-------

Whatever, as you can see, I'm raging, but it's justified. At this point, I care not for the consequences.

I think there's some who can agree: We want a stable map. A stable community. And a stable admin team. As I see it now, admins aren't only IGNORING the minging. But guess what? They're partaking in it! No! I'm not asking for a TnB clone here, I don't like TnB! What I'm asking is for some stability here! Sure, maybe the server hardware itself can't be changed right now, but I'm talking about the actions of the admin team. I'm sorry guys, you guys are cool, but the things I've seen have been EXTREMELY discouraging.

Earlier today, I had brought nearly 7 people from TnB, over to STALKER RP. I told them over Vent that STALKER RP rocks, and it's one of the greatest communities to Role Play in. They log in, and immediately, they're turned off. What do we see? "RAVE RAVE RAVE" flashing lights!! WOOOOOOO!!! Music! No. No, that's not RP, that doesn't even come close. I felt humiliated in front of everybody I had told this was the best place to come to for amazing RP. I wasn't lying, no. This place IS great for RP. But really, get your act together people!

((Before everybody flames me, this isn't all admins. I would name the ones who are great, but I'd rather not put anybody on the spot))

Rohok

Post moved. I put it in the wrong section. My bad.

Krieg

Rohok is saying exactly what I feel about this.

SnakeTheFox

I can agree on most of this.

While you didn't mention in in your post, most maps (in my opinion) should have the same minimum requirements as md_stalkerredux (IE CS:S and HL2).

In my years of playing Gmod, it's been hard-pressed to find a public server that requires EP2 for 50% of its models and textures. That's because those Admins realize that what is probably close to 1/3rd of the player base will likely NOT have EP2, for whatever reason.

md_stalkerredux (I'm assuming this is the normal map we have on 90% of the time) is a great map, and should set an example for future map builders.

This is sorta my own personal rant, but I'll let it stand.

I also believe there needs to be more organization and discipline in the Admin/Mod area.

I understand the Admins/Mods aren't gods and can't teleport into the game at any time of the day and solve issues, but this server completely lacks any kind of regiment or organization.

Does the server even have a set of rules? It seems everyone and their grandmother has a different opinion about how things work (shoot-to-miss, the number of props, where and when admins should step in with different disputes, etc). This is really idiotic.

I wont name Admins either (except you Fragger) but I feel half the people I talk to about this are 12-15. Needless to say this is pushing away members and making it hard for this server to survive.

In b4 we're both banned.
I was brought into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood; and that's the way I intend to leave it.

Rohok

Who knows, Snake, maybe we're just paranoid about getting banned. Silver is a reasonable person, we might be surprised.

Carnage

Quote from: Rohok The Blood suckers (The only ones that don't suck are Silver, and Locke.)

TOTALLY FUCKING AGREED!

Like Keylogger or whatever all he does is get mad when we kill him it's like "What the fuck? If your going to play as a Bloodsucker then know the consequences."

And Vityaz from Fyren. And Fyren from Silver. And really, it goes on. It's like a giant homo sex train

-Rohok Teyar

Yuri Fedorov

Yuri Fedorov - Applicant to DUTY
Vitaly Tarasov - Explorer of the ZONE

Silver Knight

Quote from: Rohok If the map doesn't stop changing every two damn minutes, I'm resigning my position as Duty leader, and quitting the community.

Stick to Redux. We don't give a crap about your alpha/beta maps. We don't give a crap about Urbex. We don't give a crap about Whiteforest. We only give a crap about RP.

NOTHING ELSE

If you want to test your maps, do it in singleplayer.

I'm sick and tired of this, and will not stand for it any longer. You expect us to donate when we can't even get a reliable fucking RP sanctuary? PaLEASE.

If you don't care about me leaving the community, that's your problem. But if shit doesn't start looking up, I don't see ANY point in staying. Whatever, your server, do what you want with it. I have no say, and that's fine, but I refuse to stick around if things keep going like this.

Things that are extremely displeasing:

Map changes

The Blood suckers (The only ones that don't suck are Silver, and Locke.)

The props (There needs to be a limit. 10 for non tool trust, 20 for tool trust, 21+ for donators)

The tools (No hoverballs, no thrusters, no shit like that. It lags. Who's moronic idea was it to make a stupid hover death machine in the first place?)

-------

Whatever, as you can see, I'm raging, but it's justified. At this point, I care not for the consequences.

I think there's some who can agree: We want a stable map. A stable community. And a stable admin team. As I see it now, admins aren't only IGNORING the minging. But guess what? They're partaking in it! No! I'm not asking for a TnB clone here, I don't like TnB! What I'm asking is for some stability here! Sure, maybe the server hardware itself can't be changed right now, but I'm talking about the actions of the admin team. I'm sorry guys, you guys are cool, but the things I've seen have been EXTREMELY discouraging.

Earlier today, I had brought nearly 7 people from TnB, over to STALKER RP. I told them over Vent that STALKER RP rocks, and it's one of the greatest communities to Role Play in. They log in, and immediately, they're turned off. What do we see? "RAVE RAVE RAVE" flashing lights!! WOOOOOOO!!! Music! No. No, that's not RP, that doesn't even come close. I felt humiliated in front of everybody I had told this was the best place to come to for amazing RP. I wasn't lying, no. This place IS great for RP. But really, get your act together people!

((Before everybody flames me, this isn't all admins. I would name the ones who are great, but I'd rather not put anybody on the spot))

Im not harsh by my actions or whatever, The rave time went on alittle bit too long becuase ducky was messing around, so then we decided to test a few map's if you are on the server alot, you should have noticed that we have never changed maps like that before, so don't get your panties in a twist about it. As for rules, i will be writing them up tomorrow. FOR EVERYONE, EVERY CLASS ETC. I hate Minging myself and i created this community for roleplay, without the corrupt admins or renegade players.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

Quote from: Carnage
Quote from: Rohok The Blood suckers (The only ones that don't suck are Silver, and Locke.)

TOTALLY FUCKING AGREED!

Like Keylogger or whatever all he does is get mad when we kill him it's like "What the fuck? If your going to play as a Bloodsucker then know the consequences."

I have been alittle bit too relaxed on the bloodsucker issue, of course ill be drawing up the rules for that, Admins can rp as a bloodsucker if they wish, but don't have the god given right to abuse their powers like that. Also may i add Bloodsucker class is a donators flag (Silver and above)

Rohok

Silver, perhaps I overreacted a bit. Some of the other issues, however, are more common than the map changing.

I apologize for making a big spectacle out of this entire situation, but something had to be said. Next time, I'll go about informing you of my displeasure through more discrete means.

Locke

Totally Agree,

Its been unserious rp in the last week or so, Im not sure when I had a good passive rp moment in the last while.

MaD2ko0l

hav you ever thought about passwording the server and putting the pass up on the forums for memebrs only type of thing?
or maybe password the server at peak times? this will limit the noobs/minges randomly conencting to a stalker rp thing and wil also free up some spots for more faction memebrs to get online to do there thing.

i know this used to work well on the old MelonBrew server
Trust Is A Weakness!

Locke

Quote from: MaD2ko0l hav you ever thought about passwording the server and putting the pass up on the forums for memebrs only type of thing?
or maybe password the server at peak times? this will limit the noobs/minges randomly conencting to a stalker rp thing and wil also free up some spots for more faction memebrs to get online to do there thing.

Could work, but then we wouldnt grow much , maybe we could graph the peak moments, and during that time password them, allowing time for growth, while having serious rp for experienced members

Cobra

How about avoid the who gets to use bloodsucker problem and just make Bloodsucker Snpcs I have seen them out there WHY DON'T WE USE THEM!?

Rohok

Silver Knight

Tunddruff

Quote from: MaD2ko0l hav you ever thought about passwording the server and putting the pass up on the forums for memebrs only type of thing?

The think about that is, we get no new people, just all the same, and that removes the diversity of the Zone, and people that and just joining random RP servers will not come here due to the password

MattyK

Quote from: cobra How about avoid the who gets to use bloodsucker problem and just make Bloodsucker Snpcs I have seen them out there WHY DON'T WE USE THEM!?

Hmm let's see...
The pack containing them is over 200-300 megs.
There's alot of useless shit in there.
If we whittle stuff away to the bare minimum, then certainly.

And now, the Bloodsucker of that outrageously large pack;
Stealthed/invincible 80% of the time.
Two hit kill on a regular gmod player.
Will attack anything and everything(exculding other bloodsuckers)
Would need extensive modifacations to ignore players with the "mono" flag, or other playable mutants.

Is it worth it? Depends where you use it.
Frankly it'd be devastatingly scary, but pretty much uncommandable, a mindless drone that you can't even give ooc orders to. In most cases two or three bloodsuckers could make quick work of a Freedom or Duty baseraiding team.
I would reccomend it, but keep the "player" bloodsuckers too, as they add a whole new dimension to the roleplay.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Tea

I agree, silver needs to lay down the line and the ban hammer. I only joined for rough serious se- RP, and thats what i want. If the title says "Serious RP" why isnt there serious rp? all i see are idiots who cry for tool trust and guns. RP is going extinct in this community and the only time i have experianced true rp is with me and silver during our bullet time rp (Epic BTW). PLEASE, ban hammer those idiots and lets rp. Ill get on my Freedomer and ACT like a freedomer, Fiesta on me guys.