Well, alright.

Started by VonXeno, 15-09-2014

VonXeno

I understand that school is in full swing and people can't get on as much. I am aware that people have lives of their own to live. I get that some of you would rather do something else than sit alone in a dead server waiting for somebody else to get on.

But what I need to know is, do people still care enough to let the server live? Does somebody out there need this server to keep running, or is it about time I pulled the plug on it?

If I can, I'd like to keep us going. But at this point I feel that the support from the players and the admin team is at its deepest recession, and I don't know if we can climb out of this one.

Give me your thoughts and feedback, let me know someone is still out there.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

srgghostkilla

Support from me Von, I know I'm not on as much anymore but it has mainly been for fixable reasons but I am willing to put down time to help spread the word and such.

Syl

Support from me, I just can't get on on Fridays or Saturdays because of theatre tournaments, but I can still get on every other night, usually.

Dungeon_Lord

Support from me, I'm just not on because no one else is and I have things I sort of need to do that I'd rather do then sit on the server.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Cross

The only reason I don't go on it is because nobody else does, and when they do I don't notice.
-Insert clever signature here-

VonXeno

So far I'm just getting "Support from me, but..." responses.

We're in not just in a rut at this point. People don't want to get on because they know there isn't going to be anyone else, and it eats away at itself.

If people are expecting me to keep the server up for the few chance occasions that people actually get on, I'm sorry but that's just not realistic.

And I feel as if the admin team doesn't really do much anymore to help the server grow. One of them literally just left us, I assume due to boredom.

I've done as much as I can while dealing with my own outside life, which I'm sure is just as demanding on me as it is for the rest of you.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Dungeon_Lord

If you want to kill it then it is your choice. I'd like it to be up in hope of revival perhaps when people aren't so damn busy with life. However, it is your choice and I know in the same situation I probably would end it.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Syndraell

I myself seem to be wanting a break from Terraria, if just for a little while.

I've been doing this for 3 years or so now. My own ideas for the server seem to fall below my own expectations to where I'm now convinced that our next event or quest will be nothing short of a disaster. I've been devoting some of my remaining time to the Minecraft Server to refuel my own interest in Roleplay... Not to mention digging out some lore ideas from the dark recesses of my mind that was once the foundation of my Roleplay.

I'm not saying that I'm giving it up. Although a large part of me wants to, I will not abandon the server, or the people who play on it. I don't want to be the creator of a second dark age; the people who have been here long enough remember when the old mods disappeared. When that happened, I rounded up a group of the most trustworthy people that I knew in the server; and the new Crew was born.

We've had fun on the server, and at times we've wanted to rip each-other apart. But we've held on to it through thick and thin. And now we're at this point. Do we just drop like the original team? Should we just keep trying? Or do we need to redefine why we play, change our roleplay styles, and attempt something greater?

Von, I'm not gonna force my hand on this and say keep the server open indefinitely. You've done what I doubt 99.9% of HGN wouldn't do, just something as small as hosting a server or paying for a host. You're doing the best thing you can for yourself in life, and you earn (and deserve) the money that you make. Which in itself is something i can respect without question.

There should be an update coming, which might renew interest. But our biggest flaw is that we're not exactly good at advertising ourselves, and we get around mainly by word of mouth. Even the old mods ventured to old forums they used to visit and posted about the server... Where as this is all we knew.

I'm not gonna sugar-coat it.
Make your decision, Von. I will support it.

And knock it off with the support crap. Say you're gonna get on, or say that you're not.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

VonXeno

3 months. I'll keep it up for that much longer. If I don't see what I consider adequate activity in that time, then we'll put this place to rest.

If we somehow pull a Christmas miracle before then, then whatever.

bastidon

yo folks.
I'd be on if I had a computer that functioned as more than a type writter. I like the place a whole hell of a lot, but we have been getting worse for a while, and if you need to shut it down, I feel that.
I'm not an asshole, I just play one on TV.

Put me in coach I'm ready.

Syndraell

Quote from: bastidon on 26-09-2014
yo folks.
I'd be on if I had a computer that functioned as more than a type writter. I like the place a whole hell of a lot, but we have been getting worse for a while, and if you need to shut it down, I feel that.

If i could, I'd gladly send you my extra computer shell... all it really needs is a hard drive.

VonXeno

Quote from: James Almasy on 27-09-2014
Quote from: bastidon on 26-09-2014
yo folks.

If i could, I'd gladly send you my extra computer shell... all it really needs is a hard drive.

USPS

Syndraell

Quote from: VonXeno on 27-09-2014
USPS

Kinda broke, Von. I also consider it bad taste to send someone something and charge them for the shipping.