Fast traveling

Started by sashatheboss, 31-07-2014

Should we have railroads to travel faster than walking?

Yes
2 (16.7%)
No
2 (16.7%)
My name is Ralph. *paints face*
2 (16.7%)
Warping is a better option.
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 12

sashatheboss

Hello everyone, this is Anna. You know, there are many beautiful places you can go in Iseyu, but there is a long way to get there. And when you are RPing at the snow biome, it takes you ten minutes to get there.

So, I propose: This update gave us the trains, so we could build a track to get faster to any area of the map. We could build one in the sky, one on the ground, one underground or some V's with propulsors to travel from V to V jumping. What do you think?

Also, when do you connect? I feel really lonely making potions and fishing, and I get bored.

Aetheren

If we do implement something like this, I think that RP-wise it would be better to have magical warp things rather than railways. And by that I mean teleporters.
Of course, setting such things up IC would require a collaboration of several powerful mages, but still I think that would be a much more credible fast travel option than railways.

As for when I connect, that's basically whenever I look at the steam group and see anyone else playing Terraria. So if you're lonely on the server and haven't joined the steam group... do.

Dungeon_Lord

I'm a Master Engineer, so you know. If you do Railroads I could do them.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

sashatheboss

Quote from: Aetheren on 31-07-2014
So if you're lonely on the server and haven't joined the steam group... do.
I'm afraid I can't, my Terraria is free version. ;)

Syndraell

For the love of god, do not put a railroad in the sky.
I had to take enough of my sweet time destroying the other one.

And if it seems slow, try grabbing Spectre boots or something.
I can get from the Embassy to the Mages tower in a minute or two.

Quote from: sashatheboss on 31-07-2014
I'm afraid I can't, my Terraria is free version. ;)

Well... We get on usually between 4PM CST to maybe around 2-3AM CST... From My time anyways.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Dungeon_Lord

I think a Railroad would be way cooler then teleportation, but there is the issues of "Where do we put it?" and "How do we make it aesthetically pleasing without consuming a large portion across the map and make it fit each genre it would without a doubt be going through."
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.