Status Thread

Started by CoolFeerman, 23-04-2014

Syndraell

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 27-04-2014
Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 27-04-2014
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1659892-164tinkers-construct/ I'm fairly certain they have a Bukkit conversion on this site if I remember. Tinker's construct adds many Medieval weapons with unique abilities as well as new ways to craft. Tinkers construct weapons are NON-enchantable. To make them you need to know many forging techniques (making blacksmiths a realistic job choice for players) as well as raw materials. Materials do need to be melted down into liquids (e.g. molten iron, molten copper, bronze). In the end weapons can be VERY complicated. A bronze hilted, iron bladed, long sword or a iron hilted, iron bladed, rapier (attacks fast buts weak).

sigh

I'll look into it.

Looked at it, it's complex.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/211517-172forge-balkons-weaponmod-v114/ would be fine, but we might have to nix the guns/cannons depending on Feer.

Edit: Although honestly, it'd probably be less of a hassle if we could create a mod... Provided anyone has any experience.

Also...this.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: James Almasy on 27-04-2014

Looked at it, it's complex.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/211517-172forge-balkons-weaponmod-v114/ would be fine, but we might have to nix the guns/cannons depending on Feer.

Edit: Although honestly, it'd probably be less of a hassle if we could create a mod... Provided anyone has any experience.

Also...this.

The only problem with Balkon's is that I don't think you can disable weapons. Shooting stuff and dynamite isn't exactly cool for this period. If someone has programming experience and would want to be Reveris's code monkey that'd be chill as fuck, I could probably do pixel art or something but I really doubt that'll happen, unfortunately.

CoolFeerman

OK SO

I'm transferring stuff over FTP right this moment and will test the plugins and all that shebang today, and it's quite possible we could launch tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday.

CoolFeerman

I updated the Information Thread with Login Info. We're launching Wednesday 4/30/2014.

jaik

I'll comment here because someone mentioned implementing a /roll modifier system, which is inherently flawed.

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 23-04-2014
Small-group PvP will be dictated most likely by using a "roll" system (aka I install a dice system and it rolls for you) along with, let's say, some modifiers, e.g. you have a drunken idiot stumbling about that swings at a knight, well, they get in a fight and the drunk rolls a 9 over the knight's 6, but the knight is a knight, right? So the knight obviously will have the upperhand and can add "skill points" or whatever to his roll and knock the shit out of the drunk. Either that or it's just roleplayed using text, which is what Aceon did.

The eternal peasant vs knight argument.

We will replace the drunk with a peasant for the sake of this argument.

Now, consider the modifiers, which pertain directly to the belligerents, that will always be out of your reach.

You'll never know whether the peasant is a veteran soldier that probably has more experience than your common knight.
You'll never be able to predict if the knight is lazy, spoiled or otherwise physically impaired when compared to the peasant.
What if the peasant practices the blade in his spare time, etc...

You can't assign bonus rolls because of character classes.

The only way out is to PvP it or emote it. The former should be the default way of solving IC conflict and you can emote it if you trust your opponent not to overpower themselves with irrational abilities.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

CoolFeerman

Quote from: Jake on 29-04-2014
I'll comment here because someone mentioned implementing a /roll modifier system, which is inherently flawed.

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 23-04-2014
Small-group PvP will be dictated most likely by using a "roll" system (aka I install a dice system and it rolls for you) along with, let's say, some modifiers, e.g. you have a drunken idiot stumbling about that swings at a knight, well, they get in a fight and the drunk rolls a 9 over the knight's 6, but the knight is a knight, right? So the knight obviously will have the upperhand and can add "skill points" or whatever to his roll and knock the shit out of the drunk. Either that or it's just roleplayed using text, which is what Aceon did.

The eternal peasant vs knight argument.

We will replace the drunk with a peasant for the sake of this argument.

Now, consider the modifiers, which pertain directly to the belligerents, that will always be out of your reach.

You'll never know whether the peasant is a veteran soldier that probably has more experience than your common knight.
You'll never be able to predict if the knight is lazy, spoiled or otherwise physically impaired when compared to the peasant.
What if the peasant practices the blade in his spare time, etc...

You can't assign bonus rolls because of character classes.

The only way out is to PvP it or emote it. The former should be the default way of solving IC conflict and you can emote it if you trust your opponent not to overpower themselves with irrational abilities.

I thought about all this, and I can say that while some of it had already crossed my mind, I was going to still keep the roll system. Having it all typed out though, it makes sense how it could be abused and is a flawed system, I mostly put it in because I was going to add a /roll command anyways to be used for stuff other than combat, but in this case I am going to restrict it to emote or PvP, so thanks.

Andrew Weasley

Is there a list of mods and plugins for this server anywhere on the forums?
All of this talk on adding mods has me worried that the server will be too complex and lack the joy of simply roleplaying rather than having mods actually doing what people should be imagining.
Keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig it.
Minecraft: Axxal
Steam: call_me_axx

2ktaco

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 29-04-2014
All of this talk on adding mods has me worried that the server will be too complex and lack the joy of simply roleplaying rather than having mods actually doing what people should be imagining.

As far as I know, there will be no client-side mods used. Feermang will probably post a list of the plugins if you ask nicely.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 29-04-2014

I'll post a list of the plugins when we launch, and the only client-side mods that can be used are Minimaps and yeah that's it.

Andrew Weasley

Will the server but on the most current version of minecraft?
Or will we have to downgrade?

CoolFeerman

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 30-04-2014
Will the server but on the most current version of minecraft?
Or will we have to downgrade?

For now, the only stable version of bukkit that is released (and therefore TCAdmin uses) is a 1.6.4 version, so...

You'll have to downgrade to 1.6.4.

I'll take this post as an update post so I'll go ahead and say: postponed for a little while, some stuff broke on my side so I have to fix stuff. Soon, though, soon.

CoolFeerman

UPDATED SERVER INFO THREAD WITH LAUNCH DATE

Andrew Weasley

Nice, thank god I don't have class tomorrow.

I SHALL BE RPing ALLLLLLLLLL DAY
8)

CPftw

I will be on tuesday for an hour or so but cannae do more I fear
pffft

Syndraell

I'll try to get on.

Depends on what happens in the next few days.

meldin

why does launch keep getting pushed back?

Silver Knight

Quote from: meldin on 06-05-2014
why does launch keep getting pushed back?

I believe the map\plugins need some tweaking and Jon breaking his computer.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

meldin

i guess the server isn't gonna be up anytime soon...  :'(

CoolFeerman

Quote from: meldin on 10-05-2014

tomorrow if all goes well. Sorry things have been so uncertain, but I'm trying my best.

Andrew Weasley

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 10-05-2014

tomorrow if all goes well. Sorry things have been so uncertain, but I'm trying my best.

Tomorrow? Or in a month?

Ragolution

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 10-05-2014
Quote from: CoolFeerman on 10-05-2014

Tomorrow? Or in a month?

There are currently technical issues with the server host. The time it will take to secure a new host is not known at this time. If you guys want to discuss it in-depth, feel free to message [user]Tanako[/user]

Andrew Weasley

Sooo I'm on right now, alone, and had to update my client to version 1.7.2.
I am very confused.

EDIT: This must be a test run because there is nothing special to the map. But glad to see some action going.

meldin

Any update on the server..?

Syndraell

Quote from: meldin on 18-05-2014
Any update on the server..?

Quote from: Ragolution on 10-05-2014
There are currently technical issues with the server host. The time it will take to secure a new host is not known at this time. If you guys want to discuss it in-depth, feel free to message [user]Tanako[/user]

Andrew Weasley