Iseyu/Caphori Q&A Thread (Do not Derail this Topic)

Started by Syndraell, 19-12-2013

VonXeno

Quote from: oldgreg8268 on 22-03-2014
Will there be any modification to piggybanks so we can use them without anyone cheating?

If I knew how, I would have done it by now.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

sashatheboss

I'm thinking in making a witch character. But I don't know if making her pretty or ugly. What do you think is the better option?
If ugly, can I bring a Witch Costume, or not?

Dungeon_Lord

Pretty sure the mods are usually cool with vanity items and will give them to you on the server if you ask politely and give a valid reason.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

sashatheboss

I can bring them by myself, I only need permission.

VonXeno

Quote from: sashatheboss on 23-03-2014
I can bring them by myself, I only need permission.

Actually, you can't. The server runs Server Side Characters.

And you still haven't applied.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

sashatheboss

If there's no way, I still can be a pretty one.
I'm applying at the moment, give me time.

Dungeon_Lord

Quote from: sashatheboss on 24-03-2014
If there's no way, I still can be a pretty one.
I'm applying at the moment, give me time.

Did I not just say earlier to ask a moderator for one. If you want a vanity item for your character and give a valid reason a moderator will give you the vanity you ask for.

Aetheren

This might have been mentioned somewhere, but how far into the future have we progressed since the last world?

Syndraell

Quote from: Aetheren on 27-03-2014
This might have been mentioned somewhere, but how far into the future have we progressed since the last world?
The timeline in Iseyu is rather stable, but exiting Iseyu can put you in just about any age.

So, it seems that we've hit a medieval era. (on the outside at least)

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Dungeon_Lord

Is the no magic going to be enforced in Iseyu, because a lot of people are using it and it really isn't that clear. So might want to make it in big print if that becomes a permanent thing, along with an explanation since people are obviously going to ask.

VonXeno

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 29-03-2014
Is the no magic going to be enforced in Iseyu, because a lot of people are using it and it really isn't that clear. So might want to make it in big print if that becomes a permanent thing, along with an explanation since people are obviously going to ask.

Iseyu, no. Magic is a practiced art.

Ainslef however, is a land that has not seen magic other than illusions and tricks. This map is sort of an opportunity for people to get to know each other through backstories and such, and you can even play out the gaining of your powers there, if it is applicable.

Syndraell

Quote from: VonXeno on 29-03-2014
Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 29-03-2014

Iseyu, no. Magic is a practiced art.

Ainslef however, is a land that has not seen magic other than illusions and tricks. This map is sort of an opportunity for people to get to know each other through backstories and such, and you can even play out the gaining of your powers there, if it is applicable.

^This. Ainslef is a prequel, and there's a good event planned for the land itself.

Knife_cz

How are those forums still alive. Jesus Christ.

Ragolution

VonXeno

Quote from: knife_cz on 30-03-2014
How are those forums still alive. Jesus Christ.

I'm actually equally surprised. I guess people are really bored.

Quote from: Ragolution on 30-03-2014
way2derail

I want to take away that autoplay, but I really like the song.

Ragolution

Can I start a wizard school, by the way?

VonXeno

NightingVale

Is the In-Character sub-forum for posting our character information? I was a bit confused since there was no description, but the threads with all those character sheets made me think they were for the characters we were going to RP.
"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." -John Stapp

Syndraell

Quote from: NightingVale on 05-04-2014
Is the In-Character sub-forum for posting our character information? I was a bit confused since there was no description, but the threads with all those character sheets made me think they were for the characters we were going to RP.

Yes. The In Character subforum is for listing your character's attributes, traits, flaws, and backstories.

NightingVale

Do we start with any gear depending on our character sheets or do we just start with nothing except what we spawn with? If the former, how do we obtain these items?
"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." -John Stapp

Dungeon_Lord

You start with base tier items and can ask moderators for vanity items if they fit your character. If you get a promotion there are rewards that come with that, but getting promoted takes time and good roleplay.

NightingVale

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 08-04-2014
You start with base tier items and can ask moderators for vanity items if they fit your character. If you get a promotion there are rewards that come with that, but getting promoted takes time and good roleplay.

What do you mean by 'base tier' items?

Syndraell

Quote from: NightingVale on 09-04-2014
Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 08-04-2014

What do you mean by 'base tier' items?

Basic Items. Easily obtained or crafted.

shadowheart

I have a question about the rule about corruption

Quote19. Spreading the corruption or Crimson

I need deathweed for some potions, which requires The Corruption to grow. If the corruption is in a contained area that it can't escape from, would that be considered spreading the corruption?

Returning Caphori member. Some of you may remember me as Alexander Fornet, or Kilin Goldbeard.

Syndraell

Quote from: shadowheart on 24-04-2014
I have a question about the rule about corruption

Quote19. Spreading the corruption or Crimson

I need deathweed for some potions, which requires The Corruption to grow. If the corruption is in a contained area that it can't escape from, would that be considered spreading the corruption?

As long as it is in a contained environment, then no. That's a loophole to that effect.
Need to add Hallow as well, as it can destroy environments such as jungle