Iseyu/Caphori Q&A Thread (Do not Derail this Topic)

Started by Syndraell, 19-12-2013

Syndraell

Having a few thoughts about how to make a small bit of difference to this server WITHOUT mods.

Current Ideas: Character Sheet Update/ D&D Style Stats.

Idea in Discussion:Character Sheet Update/ D&D Style Stats.

Dismissed Ideas:

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Redbark

Syndraell

Also, advertising would probably do us a world of good.

Dungeon_Lord

Sound bananatastic
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Dungeon_Lord

Next idea, make it a rule that dueling is based off of text based fighting not gear wars.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 19-12-2013
Next idea, make it a rule that dueling is based off of text based fighting not gear wars.

Or just agree that all participants should be armed with a certain set of gear.

VonXeno

I believe the withstanding rule is that all fighting is done IC unless all combatants agree to fight in-game. If you're wondering why anyone would want to PvP rather than RP in an RP server, consider how a large scale battle would look typed out.

Less than exciting, I'd wager.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Syndraell

Kinda ties into the /roll command idea.

Dungeon_Lord

As entertaining as combat is in Terraria, it often leads to gear wars and even when it doesn't it removes the roleplay element from combat. Most fights I ever got into in Caphori ended up not being decided on who won the fight and were just silly because neither of the two fighting were actually acting like they would in a roleplayed version. Instead of clashing blades and fighting to the brink of death valiantly we would just hop around trying to get cheap shots on each other, especially whichever one had the gear disadvantage.

Syndraell

Alrighty then. Seeing as we're still Ironing out some bugs, how about a general Question and Answer thread?
Got a good question for us? We'll try to clear up as much as we can, and try not to slip up and reveal certain Ideas, Projects, and Events planned for further on.

Iseyu is -Almost- Live!
Our host takes a few days to register things. We'll be using it until something better comes.

https://www.youtube.com/v/l2q_-xN2N54
There's a reason I'm using this song. Has nothing to do with the server.

Ragolution

Is Terraria still prevalent enough and  is an Rp setting popular enough to draw an active community?
You cannot rely on a veteran community.

Syndraell

Quote from: Ragolution on 21-02-2014
Is Terraria still prevalent enough and  is an Rp setting popular enough to draw an active community?

Honestly, I believe that it's still good enough to entice people to play. The bigger issue is advertising ourselves, something that we really didn't do in the past.

Minion

any rules on advertising. I was told in the past to let the designated people do it. All they really did was post on popular sites. Didn't really make us stand out much, numbers on paper so to speak.

Dungeon_Lord

I'm good at making advertisement, posting it is another matter. Posting it is time consuming and burns my patience.

Dungeon_Lord

You are really naggy about the server for not being accepted into it. Seems a little suspicious to me.

Syndraell

Quote from: Minion on 21-02-2014
any rules on advertising. I was told in the past to let the designated people do it. All they really did was post on popular sites. Didn't really make us stand out much, numbers on paper so to speak.

Yeah, just one: Try not to advertise to the wrong crowds.

I was thinking of creating a youtube channel/video of some of the history and the people of Caphori/Iseyu. We'll see what we can do with that one.

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 22-02-2014
I'm good at making advertisement, posting it is another matter. Posting it is time consuming and burns my patience.

If you're good enough, PM me a Advertisement. Same goes with the video Idea.

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 22-02-2014
You are really naggy about the server for not being accepted into it. Seems a little suspicious to me.

What, you think he's gonna try to break in using hacks or something? Maybe we should rebuild the "Starting Chamber" from... Map 3 I think.

Ragolution

Quote from: James Almasy on 21-02-2014

Honestly, I believe that it's still good enough to entice people to play. The bigger issue is advertising ourselves, something that we really didn't do in the past.

Can I get some hard numbers, here?

Syndraell

Quote from: Ragolution on 22-02-2014
Quote from: James Almasy on 21-02-2014

Can I get some hard numbers, here?

Hard numbers isn't a possibility right now. Needless to say lots of people still play terraria, and a lot of people want to give something new a shot. Roleplay has always been a huge thing, and I do believe we will get a good number of players to all of the servers as long as we present ourselves in a good manner of detail.

Dungeon_Lord

I'll make something and send it to you. Won't be for Iseyu since I have no idea what you'd want to have be advertised, but it will at least show off my ability to make something. Also yeah making the starting chamber would be a good idea with the amount of griefers we had previously gotten. Even if it wasn't a lot they did enough damage.

Kokkaku Kishu

I know this is a hot topic of discussion and we've asked about it a lot, but i was wondering if there were any new specifics as to the timeline/lore deal. I know we voted on it a while back and the majority went with tom's idea, but some details would be nice

Syndraell

Quote from: Kokkaku Kishu on 24-02-2014
I know this is a hot topic of discussion and we've asked about it a lot, but i was wondering if there were any new specifics as to the timeline/lore deal. I know we voted on it a while back and the majority went with tom's idea, but some details would be nice

I thought "Kingsfall" pretty much cleared all that up?
Oh well.

Think of "Iseyu" as a Mysterious Island of sorts. It's a place where time has ceased to pass, making it to where if you know how to use the forces around that island, you can pretty much pop in and out of your desired time. For instance, you could be gone for 5 years, and come back a day later in your time, unchanged.

As for the timeline itself, All the former inhabitants had left the Isle after the wars (Unless they stayed, which had to be a pretty rare ordeal), and the lore and history of the isle had been lost to the ages. (Except for the journal of a old man) So, no one (Except a minor few people) on the outside of the island knows anything about it anymore.

Dungeon_Lord

Are we randomly stumbling upon it? Or are we rare people who stayed on it, or at least their descendants?

Syndraell

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 25-02-2014
Are we randomly stumbling upon it? Or are we rare people who stayed on it, or at least their descendants?

Another thing explained by Kingsfall.

The people that were there left after the Noble Wars. Very few people knew how to traverse in between Iseyu and the other Realms, And even fewer had the knowledge to Explain it; Such as Tas's Grandfather. There were a few who stayed behind, I'm sure; But the land had been scorched with the fire of war, and stained with blood. So, the land itself at that point was inhospitable.

matter

We should force VonXeno to write the official Iseyu backstory out. He's good at that writing stuff...
Also I'm here people! We have some ideas already going about events and such to get things rolling along. Bear with us a bit longer and we'll have everything going!

P.S. I've been apparently upgraded to Tech Support so if something glitches or there are problems with the server once it's open to the public one of the mods know and I'll get on it right away.
Make me...

oldgreg8268

Will there be any modification to piggybanks so we can use them without anyone cheating?
Z-Zombies? Dead Rising? I can take em'. Project Zomboid? RRRUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!