The Crimson - Lore proposition

Started by Aetheren, 09-10-2013

Aetheren

Asgatrave and myself thought up an explanation as to what the Crimson is, where it started and what caused it to come into being. This post is mostly to receive official confirmation from the mods, but also for everyone else to give feedback as well if they want.

So, essentially, the origins of the spread of the Crimson are the doing of Silvis Norm (my character), an exiled mage from a noble family who relentlessly seeks out power with the eventual goal of taking his revenge upon those who exiled him. The crimson was initiated as a result of a summoning spell that Silvis performed to summon a blood gem, a particularly rare and powerful type of ruby. The spell for the summoning he found among the collection of books he had salvaged from the Cathedral of Cthulhu when the land was thrown into chaos (hardmode) about a year ago in game. This explains the apparently sinister nature of the summoning spell's side effects (The Crimson), as well as their connection to demonic magic and to Cthulhu himself (brain of Cthulhu, exceptional similarities to the corruption). So basically, the Crimson is a blood infection of the corruption, but not necessarily entirely accidental (perhaps a creation of Cthulhu that was unleashed by Silvis enacting the spell).

Its rapid spread was then inadvertently fueled by other mages practicing specific types of magic (the details of which I am not clear on, though I know that Matter is to be one of those mages).

The reason Silvis was the choice of who should have caused the initial spread of crimson is for two main reasons: 1, his character is particularly fitting because of his thirst for power coupled with his overconfidence and inexperience, and 2, because I have special plans for Silvis concerning the blood gem, which I won't publicly reveal yet.

The result was that Balai was consumed and destroyed by the Crimson, and its inhabitants fled to other lands... this, I think, is a good explanation for the change in setting.

Also, for anyone who is involved, please fill in/ fix any details I may have left out/ got wrong.

INA7HAN

Or we could just say it was some random mage who no one knows about who's opened some kind of portal containing evil, demons and monsters? The portal begins spilling all these creatures out. Just saying as I hate having things tied to random characters, plus this whole you having blood gems and summoned this stuff is kind of meh imo

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Tom

Last time caphori was up hardmode wasn't active so that people wouldn't be spending most of their time getting pwnt probably, I would assume hardmode would stay off in this launch too. You could just say you found your magical McGuffin in temple on a deserted part of the world probably deserted due to crimson or corruption from when someone else tried to do the same/similar shit as to what your character did.

also everything INA7HAN said
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

the_grub

Quote from: INA7HAN on 09-10-2013
Or we could just say it was some random mage who no one knows about who's opened some kind of portal containing evil, demons and monsters? The portal begins spilling all these creatures out. Just saying as I hate having things tied to random characters, plus this whole you having blood gems and summoned this stuff is kind of meh imo
r u avin a giggle ther m8, il bash ye fookin ead in i swar on me mum

Aetheren

From your replies, I can see that you misunderstood what I was saying pretty badly, but I still see your point. I suppose don't really mind whether this goes through or not, but I would like to have official confirmation as to what the Crimson lore actually is so I can plan RP around that.

Dungeon_Lord

Maybe its just an evolution or strain of corruption that has occurred due to the overwhelming growth of anti-corruption tools.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

VonXeno

The lore is currently being planned out... I can't really put a date on when it will be done but the mods are trying to kick start the server back up, and this new lore is obviously essential.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.