Some possible lore.

Started by bastidon, 17-09-2013

bastidon

So, I typed up some lore a while back and pm'd it to Matter and James. I'm gonna post it here for now, just get a feel of what every body thinks of it. Also, keep in mind this is a rough rough rough draft. It'll be refined some more soon.

The Grove Encampments
While the nomadic Grove Encampments are not in any set place, it is always based out of a wood. They offer a safe haven and refuge to the smaller creatures in life. Gnomes, Halflings, and all other small folk are welcome with in these camps. They often celebrate more than most, eat quite a bit more, and prefer more peaceful tasks to fighting. These folk are able to maintain this order by hiring powerful warriors, remaining in dense woods and not stirring up too much trouble. Big folk are welcome to visit, but their visits are rare and normally require certainty permits.
   Their society is run by a small committee of four (not a key point, I'd prefer to work with this a bit more.) A Chief, A Defense chair, A Social chair, and A Migration Chair make up this committee and are core components of the society's life. The Chief oversees all other departments and makes key decisions. The Defense Chair hires guards, normally big folk, to oversee the camp's defense, and on rare occasion break up the more heated arguments between folks. The Defense chair also is responsible for higher level squabbles, and is heavily involved in deciding whether a new location for the camp is safe or needed. The Social chair is a more cheery post; they are responsible for arranging parties, fairs, and most all festivities. The Migration chair is tasked with gathering small groups and scouting other potential locations for the camps. The Migration chair is also responsible for organizing the moving itself, disassembling homes, packing up wagons and hitting the road.
   While the Grove Encampments are nomadic, they do not sacrifice comfort. Many expert wood workers had established easily built and disassembled homes that do not lack lavishness. This is easily done within the Grove Encampments, as there are many veteran craftsmen who continue to work upon these old designs. Even though the inhabitants are all trained in moving their own homes, it is still a lengthy process that requires a great deal of planning.  (This could theoretically bring on a new kind of event. A migration type for the citizens of the Groves. And bring new types of plots, like a downfall of the Groves if the migration doesn't go off without a hitch.)

So, thoughts would be appreciated, but keep it civil ladies and germs.
I'm not an asshole, I just play one on TV.

Put me in coach I'm ready.

Dungeon_Lord

Looks cool, definitely not for me though. I prefer to play characters that roam, but have one simple residence
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Redbark

Actually to say something if there is a lore team I may join, I fucking love lore.

Dungeon_Lord

I'm just going to post everywhere that not only am I available if you need help, BUT I REALLY WANT TO HELP WITH EVERYTHING
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.