Questions and Answers/ "What the Hell Happened Here" Thread

Started by Syndraell, 20-08-2013

Syndraell

Alrighty then. Board is clean, a fresh start... Minus a few things.
*Eyes the Abby Stone thread; It's stuck halfway under a carpet.*
*Casually slides the thread under the carpet.*

There.
Questions, anyone?

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Aetheren

I see that Caphori now counts as a region within Iseyu... what exactly does that mean gameplay-wise (mostly related to the map)?
I suppose that might depend on the map capabilities in the new update, but I was wondering if you had something in mind already.

Syndraell

Quote from: Aetheren on 20-08-2013
I see that Caphori now counts as a region within Iseyu... what exactly does that mean gameplay-wise (mostly related to the map)?
I suppose that might depend on the map capabilities in the new update, but I was wondering if you had something in mind already.

Pretty much, Caphori is a land with a bordering states/countries. So, It's a Region. Still debating if it's going to be the main city, a ruined land, or otherwise.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to have multiple maps in the new update. It opens worlds of possibilities.

Steven :D

If you guys need any help, feel free to ask and I'll lend my services (this goes for minor GFX, general advice and such). Hopefully with the new update, I'll be piqued in Terraria again.

Syndraell

Quote from: Steven :D on 20-08-2013
If you guys need any help, feel free to ask and I'll lend my services (this goes for minor GFX, general advice and such). Hopefully with the new update, I'll be piqued in Terraria again.

We'll hope you'll come and join in on the fun, Steven.

longfallgloves

Quote from: James Almasy on 20-08-2013
I'm hoping that we'll be able to have multiple maps in the new update. It opens worlds of possibilities.
This sounds a good idea. But how? Maybe a bunch of IPs?

Redbark

Quote from: longfallgloves on 21-08-2013
Wait what the hell... New version of terraria?

And also do we have to reapply

JRParadox

Quote from: Redbark on 21-08-2013
-snip-

That's right, Terraria is getting a major update and going in to 1.2 some time soon.

Probably not, I think if we trusted you before hand then we can trust you now

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?
Rag > This is so serious you don't understand.

Redbark

Quote from: JRParadox on 21-08-2013
Quote from: Redbark on 21-08-2013
-snip-

That's right, Terraria is getting a major update and going in to 1.2 some time soon.

Probably not, I think if we trusted you before hand then we can trust you now

Also, What about characters? How do we get characters Authed

Syndraell

Quote from: Redbark on 22-08-2013
Also, What about characters? How do we get characters Authed?

We've got an Idea for that... But it's currently a secret among top tier mods.

INA7HAN

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Syndraell

Quote from: INA7HAN on 24-08-2013
I lost my Jalis remnant faction :(

Bring back some of that Jalis goodness, then.

INA7HAN

Quote from: James Almasy on 24-08-2013

All the info was on that other forum which someone fucked up completely with shitty pictures :(

Syndraell

INA7HAN

I used that info and twisted the end results seen as it was a new server and everything, in Caphori they all died where as in Iseyu was having them as a remnant faction, but all my extra info and everything else is on the forum which got messed up.

longfallgloves

Quote from: James Almasy on 23-08-2013

when will we know it?

CoolFeerman

Quote from: longfallgloves on 27-08-2013

when will we know it?

Did you ever even get accepted into Caphori?

jaik

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 27-08-2013

when will we know it?

Just realized the same thing -- he never got a positive verdict despite the numerous attempts. I'll give him credit for at the least being loyal.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Syndraell

Quote from: Jake on 27-08-2013

when will we know it?

Just realized the same thing -- he never got a positive verdict despite the numerous attempts. I'll give him credit for at the least being loyal.

The answer was no quite a few times. And not just me.

Aetheren

Quote from: James Almasy on 27-08-2013

when will we know it?

I find it interesting that he has a Caphori award and I don't, then... *hint hint*

INA7HAN

Quote from: Aetheren on 27-08-2013
Quote from: James Almasy on 27-08-2013

when will we know it?

I find it interesting that he has a Caphori award and I don't, then... *hint hint*
Don't feel bad I don't have a S.T.A.L.K.E.R award even though it was the first server I played two years ago or more, nor do I have fallout award even though I played there also..

Dungeon_Lord

I've been gone a really long time, like a "really long time" so should I reapply or is it all cool? I would be interested in playing until Starbound comes out and if it is good enough roleplay I might stay even after Starbound comes out
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

CoolFeerman

All the info was on that other forum which edvyn fucked up completely with shitty pictures :(

that was fucking hilarious though
besides it was just a corruption of like vikings and nords from TES, and by "it" I mean Jalis.

INA7HAN

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 30-08-2013

All the info was on that other forum which edvyn fucked up completely with shitty pictures :(

besides it was just a corruption of like vikings and nords from TES, and by "it" I mean Jalis.
Wasn't funny at all imo plus it was a little more than just viking/nords from TES

CoolFeerman

Quote from: INA7HAN on 31-08-2013
Quote from: CoolFeerman on 30-08-2013

Wasn't funny at all imo plus it was a little more than just viking/nords from TES

Here are your initial ideas for what I assume was/is/will be Jalis:

QuoteSo I want to make a newish faction taking lots of inspiration etc from the Nords in Skyrim. What I want is to have a Jarl/Lord in charge of an area and it's people, the Jarl/Lord will have to listen to his people and negotiate trade etc with other areas/holds. Now the faction will be a warrior orientated faction with a strong sense of honour and glory in battle. Though it will not only be for warriors as the faction will be strong in blacksmithing weapons and armour so those who like creating may enjoy themselves with the faction.

Blacksmiths will need supplies to build weapons and armour as well as tools so there will either be a mining section of the faction or warriors will also be miners.

Warriors will be skilled in mainly close combat and typically will use one handed axes or swords with a shield (RP shield)
though warriors will also be decent in using a bow. Though there may be two types of warriors ranged base and close quarter based both having strong skills in their field and decent/average in close combat/ranged combat depending on that field.

Now there's always the problem of people wanting Lava armour and Cobalt stuff etc so if you're one of these people who wants the best of the best weapons and armour you might as well stop reading now. This is because the warriors of this faction will be using silver tiered armour and weapons, lower tiers are acceptable but no higher than silver.

Men and women will be equal and there will be no IC discrimination against women being warriors etc

There will be hunters or perhaps the ranged warriors will also act as hunters to hunt for food and forage.

Perhaps everyones role will be as a warrior first or second if they have another job in the faction such as blacksmithing. A blacksmith will be a warrior as his second field for if more warriors or needed or the town is attacked.

This is all just brain storming really though I'd like to know peoples opinions and whether anyone would be interested as well no point if no one is in the faction

QuoteRace Name: The Jalis (Remnant)
Sub-race Name: N/A

Appearance: Tall averaging around 6ft, slightly tanned skin colour and most with strong builds.

Racial History:
The Jalis are an ancient and strong race dating back for generations. They are famous most notably for their strong and fierce warriors.

The Jalis people are made up of families which undertake different roles and only that role. Warrior families are made up of only warriors and their blood is pure warrior. Other roles include Blacksmithing families of pure blacksmith blood and Politic families of pure politic blood. This is so that their blood is pure and that they are the strongest they can be geneticly for that role. Women can be a warrior and just about any other role if she is born in the family

It is illegal for example a warrior to mate with a blacksmith as the blood becomes unpure and weaker. So far none have broken this rule.

The first King of the Jalis was Thalen a great Jalis warrior that waged a war on an area corrupted by demons, and after this war was over he made the first city Lelnar on the now purified land. Lelnar still stands today as it once was in the days of Thalen thanks to Jalis workers.

The Jalis are not religious in a way but they have faith and believe in Thalen and that he watches over them in Shal'kar the promised afterlife for the Jalis people. Warriors believe in Shal'kar more than others as they believe they will go there if they die in battle which causes them to not be afriad of death.

Male warriors excel in close combat but are also good with a bow while female warriors excel with a bow and are good with swords. Both wear the light, flexable and durable Jalis warrior armour (Necro armour) It is said that the first bones used to make the armour where from demons slain in the great war and the cobwebs were taken from a great spider cave. The Jalis warrior motto which is spoken in the ancient Jalis launguage is "Calgren ci brelak figner fi ma pebner" which translates to Forever I shall fight for my beliefs. Jalis warriors would often say this when in a shrine as respect to Thalen

The Jalis army currently is 40,000 men and women strong with the other 60,000 Jalis doing various other roles.

The Jalis have recently been fighting the goblin armies in their homeland, the goblins underestimated the Jalis warriors and most armies were driven back..

Short Story depicting more history/information:

In the Jalis' homeland lies a mountain range known as the goblin pass. A worn out dirt track winds up into the biggest of the mountains and disappears into the darkness of the interoir.

Here in this mountain, the Jalis' doom would come. The goblin clans united under one flag to rid themselves of the Jalis once and for all, 100,000 goblin fighters marched down the goblin pass towards the close by Jalis capital city of Lelnar.

The Jalis look outs spotted the army in the night as the goblins torches lit up the entire mountain like a swarm of fireflies. All Jalis warriors from all over the homeland and beyond were summoned to Lelnar to protect it, the Jalis were outnumbered, they only had 40,000 warriors against their 100,000 but goblins arn't good at tactics and would most likely just charge at them in a giant mass.

Two days from the first spotting of the army, the entire Jalis army was lined up ready to defend their land, the men brought up the frontline in a giant shield wall, their swords and spears ready. The women brought up the rear their bows drawn waiting for that command to let out a volley.

A goblin wave of 300 began to charge the Jalis while the main army waited. Thousands of arrows started to rain down upon the approaching goblins cutting them to pieces before they could get close to the shield wall. The next wave began to charge, the next volley was let out, the armour piecing arrows of the Jalis penetrated the goblins armour with ease ending their pathetic lives. The goblins kept charging in waves which increased in size until they were at the shield wall fighting fiecely against the Jalis.

The Jalis warriors skill and determination allowed them to quickly slaughter attacking waves, but not without casualties, the dead littered the ground and even though the Jalis were out numbered they stood their ground.

As night fell fire and torches lit up the area and something big moved among the goblin army. What looked like balls of fire started to appear among the goblins and soon enough they began to fly into the air raining down upon the Jalis. Jalis warriors flew in all directions from the explostions and many were set on fire, holes in the shield wall began to appear as the fire balls struck the wall and the goblins charged, but not just 600 or 1,000 but all of them.

The mass closed in and Jalis archers fired at will and the Jalis soldiers broke the wall and fought individually. The Jalis cut down hundreds of goblins but were soon overrun as they couldtn't fight so many at once. Thousands of Jalis were dead and some Jalis broke off from the fight to protect the king. As the Jalis frontline fell the goblins moved into Lelnar burning it to the ground, 6,000 remaining Jalis warriors held the kings keep and held the goblins off for days using the walls as protection.

The king soon realised that all was lost and in an effort to at least save some of his people he sent 1,000 warriors and the remaining 5,000 civilians to escape through the back door. The doors of the keep fell and the remaining Jalis fought to the last man, 20 of the kings finest warriors and guard were with him in the grand hall and they fought with honour and bravery until the end.

Lelnar had fallen and soon enough so did the other smaller cities, villages and towns. The Jalis homeland was gone burnt to the ground and destroyed by the goblins.

The remaining 6,000 Jalis moved on far away from their original home and they began to try and rebuild. A famous Jalis writter wrote about the deeds of the Jalis army that day, about their courage and bravery, and how they gave their lives so that some would live to carry on the Jalis people.

(Yes those of you who have read this on HGN on Caphori it's the same stuff but I quite liked the race so I want to try and include it in this new rp server though with obvious differences such as them not being all killed in my later posts about them. This faction will be a remnant faction as with most of the Jalis dead there won't be many surviving only way of being in the faction will be of being Jalis blood so for anyone interested your character will have to be Jalis, though this may change depending on activity etc.)

Good luck.