So is this the end?

Started by INA7HAN, 29-06-2013

INA7HAN

So is this the end of Caphori and the chance of a Starbound roleplaying server with HGN not having dedicated servers for us now?

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Silver Knight

Quote from: INA7HAN on 29-06-2013So is this the end of Caphori and the chance of a Starbound roleplaying server with HGN not having dedicated servers for us now?

If you want to host it yourself, rent a server or even a box (You can get a box for as cheap as $40 a month) Then yes all 3 minor servers could run on it under HGN still. It's just i am not going to financially support anything but the webhosting now. As i said HGN is not dead but we will rely on third party groups\servers to supply our servers now.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Redbark

Quote from: SilverKnight on 29-06-2013
Quote from: INA7HAN on 29-06-2013So is this the end of Caphori and the chance of a Starbound roleplaying server with HGN not having dedicated servers for us now?

If you want to host it yourself, rent a server or even a box (You can get a box for as cheap as $40 a month) Then yes all 3 minor servers could run on it under HGN still. It's just i am not going to financially support anything but the webhosting now. As i said HGN is not dead but we will rely on third party groups\servers to supply our servers now.
I could deal, who's gonna host?

Silver Knight

Quote from: Redbark on 29-06-2013

I could deal? Explain?

nKe

Quote from: SilverKnight on 02-07-2013
Quote from: Redbark on 29-06-2013
I could deal? Explain?
I'm assuming that he would donate to keep the server alive.

Steven :D

I can ask someone who has an actual dedicated box to give me access to host this, including Caphori. dfsdfsdf fgfdg

INA7HAN

Quote from: Steven :D on 03-07-2013
I can ask someone who has an actual dedicated box to give me access to host this, including Caphori.
If this works out that'd be awesome :D

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Feolthenos

I have a starbound server that's currently disused, I wanted to make it into an RP server but a lot of the people I wanted to bring on it halfly refuse until there is ZERO chance of character resets, if this isn't a turn off, I'd like you guys to use it...

Not logged in here a lot, James has my steam though.

EDIT: On second thought, Just add me if you wish to talk about it. Sew.doh.nihm

Syndraell

Quote from: Feolthenos on 26-01-2014
I have a starbound server that's currently disused, I wanted to make it into an RP server but a lot of the people I wanted to bring on it halfly refuse until there is ZERO chance of character resets, if this isn't a turn off, I'd like you guys to use it...

Not logged in here a lot, James has my steam though.

EDIT: On second thought, Just add me if you wish to talk about it. Sew.doh.nihm

Apparently they claimed that the last update had the last character reset.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Ragolution

I heard wind there was one more for the next (and final) update.

nKe

No idea to build anything because there's gonna be alot more planet wipes incoming. Just no chr wipes.

Silver Knight

I don't think the developers know what they are doing if they wipe keep wiping character data with updates. Planet data is understandable due to additional algorithms required to generate them, similar to terraria's updates with new terrain but fundamentally they should have got the characters setup to the extent of not needing to make drastic changes to the data layout.