Why does this server Exist?

Started by DarkPerin, 25-04-2013

DarkPerin

I probably still don't plan on returning, but you actually replied to all of that rather well. I apologize partially for what I did, but if it does bring change, I think it is for the better.

Waving the banhammer around is the only thing I really do not like. I believe it should always be reserved for those that do things and are not remorseful about it. Such as myself. It puts them in place, if they can change at all. But the spreading of the corruption so far, was a simple mistake, and if either of the two I'd been playing with the last month had been banned, I'd have lost all interest in the game anyways.

A merchant guild would be a great idea as well. It would help control resources, and make lower tier prevalent again. Those that still know where to look, would still be able to find resources anyways.

And as for Mythical, just thought I'd mention that you can easily get it pre-hardmode. Demon Scythe is one of the cheapest items to re-forge in the game. Especially for being so powerful. If I break rules, I'll gladly admit to them. The only other rule I broke the entire time, was building a house far to large, but it was way outside of town. Far away, and on a sky island I found. Mostly, I did so out of boredom.

Maxi96203

Quote from: DarkPerin on 26-04-2013
I probably still don't plan on returning, but you actually replied to all of that rather well. I apologize partially for what I did, but if it does bring change, I think it is for the better.

Waving the banhammer around is the only thing I really do not like. I believe it should always be reserved for those that do things and are not remorseful about it. Such as myself. It puts them in place, if they can change at all. But the spreading of the corruption so far, was a simple mistake, and if either of the two I'd been playing with the last month had been banned, I'd have lost all interest in the game anyways.

A merchant guild would be a great idea as well. It would help control resources, and make lower tier prevalent again. Those that still know where to look, would still be able to find resources anyways.

And as for Mythical, just thought I'd mention that you can easily get it pre-hardmode. Demon Scythe is one of the cheapest items to re-forge in the game. Especially for being so powerful. If I break rules, I'll gladly admit to them. The only other rule I broke the entire time, was building a house far to large, but it was way outside of town. Far away, and on a sky island I found. Mostly, I did so out of boredom.

For once, I agree.

The administrators on Terraria brag about how they're going to ban people too much. It makes them look like retards.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Steven :D

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 26-04-2013

For once, I agree.

The administrators on Terraria brag about how they're going to ban people too much. It makes them look like retards.
I could say the same about Minecraft, but I'm being nice and staying on topic, perhaps you should too?
Certain rules were put into place because of people simply hogging up too much space. The house rules are more-so like guidelines that we'd prefer not to have over-stepped.

Maxi96203

Quote from: Steven :D on 26-04-2013

For once, I agree.

I could say the same about Minecraft, but I'm being nice and staying on topic, perhaps you should too?

implying my admins threaten to ban people unless they're actually going to ban them.

god steven its like you're pulling shit out of your ass now.

Paintcheck

Why the fuck do admins of other HGN servers feel the need to rail on the other servers they aren't apart of? It happened between Fallout and SRP, Fallout and Crussaria, Crussaria and SRP, and now Minecraft and Terraria.

What are you adding to the conversation, Maxi, by smugly bragging about how your admin team is soooooooo much better? How is that at all helpful to the Terraria staff?

Maxi96203

Quote from: Paintcheck on 26-04-2013
Why the fuck do admins of other HGN servers feel the need to rail on the other servers they aren't apart of? It happened between Fallout and SRP, Fallout and Crussaria, Crussaria and SRP, and now Minecraft and Terraria.

What are you adding to the conversation, Maxi, by smugly bragging about how your admin team is soooooooo much better? How is that at all helpful to the Terraria staff?

scorched earth tactics

Khorn

Promising young admins abound in HGN.

Paintcheck

I think it's time for a quote pyramid.

Quote from: Khorn on 26-04-2013
Promising young admins abound in HGN.

the_grub

Turned off hardmode, got rid of corruption, removed molten ore from spawn. That was short lived Perin
r u avin a giggle ther m8, il bash ye fookin ead in i swar on me mum

Aetheren

I'd like to say, by the way, that in the event that Davek is banned (which apparently hasn't been decided yet) he has left all he owns to me, as an ally of the cult of Cthulhu. So, whether or not he gets banned... no looting please.

Asgatrave

Ah?  So I can get back to work now?  Alright, hahaha...
I choose my cage and accept my prison, but I will always hold the key.  All you can do is create the obstacles for when I go free...

Silver Knight

I can vouch that as long as 1 player wants Caphori, it will remain up, regardless of how popular starbound (Eternia) is. Just keep playing and have fun.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

SakikoMiley

And lets not forget a GIGANTIC update is coming up, so everyone will likely come hurtling back once they hear, right? I cant wait to see everyone on the server together, it'll be so great~! (^3^)y

Syndraell

Well, I'm going to go against my own belief and allow you to still play on Caphori. I have done this once before... And I still regret it to this day. Whether or not my faith is misplaced, I do hope that next time something is wrong; you attempt to get the attention of a mod. I check my PMs daily, so i try not to miss anything.

If anyone has any objections to my decision, please speak now.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

CoolFeerman

scorched earth tactics
Maxi, you're making us look bad.

Maxi96203

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 27-04-2013

scorched earth tactics
Maxi, you're making us look bad.

this thread needs a lock tbh.

Syndraell

Alrighty then, it's getting scrapped.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.