Laboratory X18 | Now you are Curious? ;)

Started by opti2000, 04-04-2013

Next map?

Laboratory X-16 (Located in Yantar)
0 (0%)
Laboratory X-19 (Located in the Red Forest)
0 (0%)
Agroprom Underground
0 (0%)
Prypjat
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

jaik

Quote from: opti2000 on 27-04-2013
Quote from: SilverKnight on 27-04-2013
Quote from: Sharrock on 26-04-2013Should make a map for pripyat. I'd use the fuck out of that.
This.
A prypjat map? But you know that would take me a damn long time because seriously this explains everything:

because we expect you to re-create all of it
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

opti2000

Quote from: Jake on 27-04-2013because we expect you to re-create all of it

Hehe i think you guys are waiting like panting dogs for this kind of map :)

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Ingame footage of "Call of Prypjat" map Prypjat
I just thought about a prypjat map and realized that it would not take that much time because many buildings are similiar and i would just need to model a small amount of special looking buildings. Also found some ripped building models from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. But the problem is that i want accessible buildings and because of this reason it will take just again some time.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Jake on 27-04-2013
Quote from: opti2000 on 27-04-2013
Quote from: SilverKnight on 27-04-2013
Quote from: Sharrock on 26-04-2013Should make a map for pripyat. I'd use the fuck out of that.
This.
A prypjat map? But you know that would take me a damn long time because seriously this explains everything:
because we expect you to re-create all of it

It would be a masterpeice Opti, you must do it, if your a true stalker fan :P

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Sharrock

If you make this we'll force SK to give you a BJ.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Kay, bend over under that guillotine.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: ...
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Wait.
Sharrock: Homo
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Fuck.

Tom: Look at the roster
Doomburger: "110th Regiment Blood Company Reaper Squad Roster
Started by Doomburger"
Doomburger: get my name off
Doomburger: I beg you
Doomburger: I may have done some ridiculous things, but come on

jaik

Quote from: Sharrock on 27-04-2013If you make this we'll force SK to give you a BJ.
you mean the other way around

nKe

Quote from: Sharrock on 27-04-2013If you make this we'll force SK to give you a BJ.

Nah, Sharrock's already on that.

jaik

Quote from: Nik3 on 27-04-2013
Nah, Sharrock's already on that.

it's big enough for everybody

opti2000

Oh cmon guys i dont need blowjobs ??? 

I allready started working on the prypjat map (as a sideproject)

Blazer232

Silver Knight

Hows the pripyat map coming?

opti2000

Unfortunately i am encountering serious problems creating a city like prypjat with accessible buildings.

The problem is following: I created 2-3 buildings with floors (around 4-5 floors). But those buildings were too big and had too many brushes and the hammer editor cannot handle this huge amount of brushes. Several problems like T-junction errors occured.

The only solution is to convert the buildings into models (with propper) or just create non-accessible buildings. The consequences are that it will take so much time with propper.

It would be much easier (and not so time consuming) to start with the Yanov station. The Yanov station got less buildings therefore less brushes and better performance. It looks like this:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

But if you guys really want more a prypjat map i will continue on the city. The only thing is that it will take me damn much time.

Silver Knight

QuoteThe problem is following: I created 2-3 buildings with floors (around 4-5 floors). But those buildings were too big and had too many brushes and the hammer editor cannot handle this huge amount of brushes. Several problems like T-junction errors occured.

The only solution is to convert the buildings into models (with propper) or just create non-accessible buildings. The consequences are that it will take so much time with propper.

You can propper huge chunks of a building all at once, pretty much everything that is prop_detail. I hardly see how it's time consuming.

• Stair cases.
  • Build Balconies.
  • Railings.
  • Door frames\Doors.
  • Curbs
  • Window Frames
  • Rubble

All this stuff can be done in propper and used over and over again.

opti2000

Quote from: SilverKnight on 03-05-2013
QuoteThe problem is following: I created 2-3 buildings with floors (around 4-5 floors). But those buildings were too big and had too many brushes and the hammer editor cannot handle this huge amount of brushes. Several problems like T-junction errors occured.

You can propper huge chunks of a building all at once, pretty much everything that is prop_detail. I hardly see how it's time consuming.

• Stair cases.
  • Build Balconies.
  • Railings.
  • Door frames\Doors.
  • Curbs
  • Window Frames
  • Rubble

All this stuff can be done in propper and used over and over again.

Problem solved. Everything is fine.

INA7HAN

The Yanov area sounds like a cool map idea if you get onto making that at some point. With the Jupiter station and the opens spaces followed by the Yanov station for S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs Duty and Freedom it gives lots of possiblities, plus could have an event to do with the oasis?

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Silver Knight

Quote from: INA7HAN on 04-05-2013The Yanov area sounds like a cool map idea if you get onto making that at some point. With the Jupiter station and the opens spaces followed by the Yanov station for S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs Duty and Freedom it gives lots of possiblities, plus could have an event to do with the oasis?

One thing at a time.

Blazer232

It would be pretty cool to see how a DUTY-Freedom truce and/or conflict would work out in a Yanov map.

jaik

Quote from: Blazer232 on 04-05-2013It would be pretty cool to see how a DUTY-Freedom truce and/or conflict would work out in a Yanov map.
it wouldn't

opti2000

Quote from: Jake on 04-05-2013
Quote from: Blazer232 on 04-05-2013It would be pretty cool to see how a DUTY-Freedom truce and/or conflict would work out in a Yanov map.
it wouldn't

Well ironically they live in the janov station all together. But outside they kill each other.

Khorn

In SRP, a truce would mean nothing to anyone, and only remove some stk battles that occured.

Duty and Freedom would get boring and probably meld their groups together by accident.

opti2000

Greetings Stalkers!

I just wanna show you some things (but only a little bit) :P

In The Backround you can see another building but with 2 tunnels. All of the buildings are accessible.

Closer look of one old sowjet panel house. Like allready mentioned everything inside the buildings
is accessible.

On the right side is some kind of shed made of old rusty metal and some decorative rusty cars.

Of course this is not the finished version i will create much more and will update this thread regularly with pictures and videos of my prypjat map.

lolKieck

It'd be lovely if you'd add ruined buildings too. Not everything would have survived the anomalies.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

opti2000

Quote from: lolKieck on 07-05-2013
It'd be lovely if you'd add ruined buildings too. Not everything would have survived the anomalies.

Dont worry i will add some destroyed old buildings. I am using the prypjat map of stalker call of prypjat as template and it seems like 70% of the buildings are still in a good shape. 

But well i am listening to every suggestion :)

lolKieck

Oh, also remember leaving some space for anomalies and anomaly fields.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Silver Knight

Scale the asphalt to 0.25 for both x and y axis on the texture, will look much better, infact you should be doing that with most textures.

opti2000

Quote from: lolKieck on 07-05-2013
Oh, also remember leaving some space for anomalies and anomaly fields.

There is more than enough space for anomalies.

Large open grassfields and streets. :) (as you can see in the pictures)