Day Z Roleplay server

Started by vatovie, 20-11-2012

vatovie

I thought this might be a good idea due to there already being some servers like this in the Day Z community already. Also I think a zombie survival roleplay in general is a good idea and in my opinion Day Z is the best platform for it. Hope this actually gets made and if so look forward to seeing you all there.

nKe

DayZRP gets boring really fast.
Also one of the top reasons why DayZ server is a bad idea is that DayZ server needs admin on 24/7 to keep the scriptkiddies away from nuking the whole map and destroying camps etc.

jaik

Quote from: vatovie on 20-11-2012
I thought this might be a good idea due to there already being some servers like this in the Day Z community already. Also I think a zombie survival roleplay in general is a good idea and in my opinion Day Z is the best platform for it. Hope this actually gets made and if so look forward to seeing you all there.

Darkfall is better.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

lolKieck

Quote from: Nik3 on 21-11-2012
Also one of the top reasons why DayZ server is a bad idea is that DayZ server needs admin on 24/7 to keep the scriptkiddies away from nuking the whole map and destroying camps etc.
I thought that password keeps everything safe :(
Also we should make a WarZ RP server. More options for building camps and customization, etc.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

jaik

Quote from: lolKieck on 21-11-2012
Also we should make a WarZ RP server. More options for building camps and customization, etc.

are you kidding me lmfao

War Z server nor the scripts aren't even customizable, how would you imagine the RP with a bunch of people named Xxx_MLG1337KilleR_xxX running around? Stuff like the enormous map, lack of scripted organizational and administrative tools should be looked at as well. You also must rent servers from the developers.

If you want to do the stupid 'military arpee' thing then it can even be done on Cawadooty if you want. A separate server for playing the same (bad)game isn't necessary.

lolKieck

Quote from: Jake on 21-11-2012

are you kidding me lmfao

War Z server nor the scripts aren't even customizable, how would you imagine the RP with a bunch of people named Xxx_MLG1337KilleR_xxX running around? Stuff like the enormous map, lack of scripted organizational and administrative tools should be looked at as well. You also must rent servers from the developers.
There's this thing called stars. You do it like this:
Press enter. **A cat suddenly shoots out of his L85.

Also when you rent your server it is possible to lock it out, although I see your point. Players would have to keep to one part of the map and the RP is possible to make in a small group of friends.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

jaik

Quote from: Jake on 21-11-2012

are you kidding me lmfao

There's this thing called stars. You do it like this:
Press enter. **A cat suddenly shoots out of his L85.

Also when you rent your server it is possible to lock it out, although I see your point. Players would have to keep to one part of the map and the RP is possible to make in a small group of friends.

War Z doesn't allow any development, which means no /event, /me, loadouts, admin commands, factions, etc. Paying for a server to "roleplay" on it is basically a waste of money. GMod is a much more safer platform than Day or War Z ever will be.
And the kind of RP you're describing I cannot really count as a way of proper story development, because War Z in a nutshell:
Get gear, kill zambees, use wooden planks, get gear.
It has no opportunities for roleplay beyond what I described above.

nKe

Making a working 64 player multiplayer mod for dead rising 2 is easier than keeping the retards away from your WarZ/DayZ server.

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

vatovie

Hey this is just an idea and I'm okay with any game for it just Day Z was the first one that came to mind.
Also you can keep people off a Day Z server and have Admins with all the magic Adminy powers. Plus events can be wars between factions or a huge hoard of zombies spawning in.

Also I am going to remind you that there are already Day Z roleplay servers we would just be making one run by HGN.

Ket

Hey, how bout' you open your eyes, yes? Wait until they* get StalkerRP working and fixed up and then we can talk about other servers.
The last thing we would want now is a stupid DayZ server working on a barely stable engine. It would get boring and repetitive like the Mod itself, Im in no position to talk and my opinions don't matter but this idea is stupid. And don't even get me started with the so called "popularity" and "coolness" of the mod. I can give you 100 reasons of why this IS a bad idea but I'm too lazy to type them all

No, good day sir.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

vatovie

Well crossing out your rant was rude. I am okay with waiting for Stalker to go back up but you don't seem to get something I'm saying and that is that Day Z is just the setting which is why I said we can use other games. I am really just trying to make a zombie survival roleplay. I did not pick Day Z as the definite one for the server I was just using it as an example of zombie survival roleplay servers working. I didn't pick it because Day Z is "cool" I admit the game is okay and just gave people what they wanted in that it gave them a sort of difficult zombie survival game. The real question when okaying this server is. Do you think a zombie survival roleplay would or could be fun?

jaik

Quote from: vatovie on 22-11-2012
Do you think a zombie survival roleplay would or could be fun?
Maybe one day...one day.

Steven :D

Quote from: Jake on 22-11-2012
Maybe one day...one day.
SK's main reason for not putting up zombie rp is because it gets old fast.

jaik

Quote from: Steven :D on 23-11-2012
Quote from: Jake on 22-11-2012
Maybe one day...one day.
SK's main reason for not putting up zombie rp is because it gets old fast.

for the gearwhores that don't even have a little bit of imagination or motivation to develop the story? yes, that's true.
however I do forget what kind of people are we targeting here...

vatovie

You can stop gearwhores gearwhoreing by lowering the spawn rates of guns and rasing the spawn rates of food and drink. Also I think we can mark gearwhores as one of the people we are not targeting to join our servers.

The Everchanging list of people we want on our servers
1. Roleplayers
2. Trolls
3. Gearwhores
4. OP Characters

Paintcheck

Except if you make the spawn rates super low than new players who haven't been playing since day 1 will get bored of getting ganked by the old players with the best guns without being able to defend themselves.

There are far better RP options out there than Zombies, and Day Z is a terrible base to use for RP even with Zombies.

vatovie

It is a sad thing that are not enough serious rpers. Also any amount of people with big guns and few guns to around causes people to band together causing both roleplay and story. I don't think anyone who goes around on a roleplay server seeking out people to kill will last very long as just a murder.

jaik

Quote from: vatovie on 24-11-2012
I don't think anyone who goes around on a roleplay server seeking out people to kill will last very long as just a murder.

Ket

I guess he's a slow learner.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

nKe

"roleplaying" guide for DayZRP:
1. Find gear
2. Kill for more gear
3. Store gear
4. Steal gear
5. Kill for even more gear
6. Get bored and leave

Ket

When in doubt, steal tractor.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

vatovie

You guys really lack faith in people. I think people would join a roleplay server to roleplay not just play the game it's based in.

Khorn

Have you been playing long?

All I've seen from RP servers are dicks that hoard and shoot on site.

nKe

Quote from: Khorn on 25-11-2012
Have you been playing long?

All I've seen from RP servers are dicks that hoard and shoot on site.

Google DayZRP
They actually got rules against Shooting on Sight.