SRP: What you like/dislike, Want/Do not want PROPER DISCUSSION THREAD

Started by Tom, 07-11-2012

INA7HAN

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 14-11-2012
Quote from: INA7HAN on 14-11-2012
Anyone think the AK-12 should be in SRP and give it to military for testing in the zones conditions? (IC reason)

How about no?

How's about we make sure all the guns we currently have work like they should? For example, nerfing the crap out of the fire rate of almost every gun in the server so it's actually realistic?

Fuck, I'd do this. I did it for Fallout. Weapons never got uploaded, but I still did it for Fallout.
Ask Silver then if you can do guns? <3 But weee ned liek AK-12 for militory

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Lent23

Anyone think the AK-12 should be in SRP and give it to military for testing in the zones conditions? (IC reason)

How about no?

How's about we make sure all the guns we currently have work like they should? For example, nerfing the crap out of the fire rate of almost every gun in the server so it's actually realistic?

Fuck, I'd do this. I did it for Fallout. Weapons never got uploaded, but I still did it for Fallout.
No, you don't. You don't need anything more than what's already in the games.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Khorn

But he wants more engraved guns to define his characterrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

More guns clearly lead to better RP.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Khorn on 14-11-2012
But he wants more engraved guns to define his characterrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

More guns clearly lead to better RP.
INDEED OF COURSE, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT SRP NEEDS : MORE GUNS.

Spades_Neil

Chant louder boys, Exile can't hear us!

GUNS! GUNS! GUNS! GUNS!

Knife_cz

GUNS! GUNS! GUNS! GUNS!
That was sarcasm, I can't really tell if you got it

Paintcheck

How about you remove the gear pissing contest and actually make the weapons all balanced with very minor stat differences instead of "G36 rape cannon everything else sucks" (or whatever the top-tier AR was when the server was last up, it was the G36 last I played). Would remove a lot of the RPG gear-means-everything bullshit.

And every time I see the word "AKM" I get excited and then I realize you're all talking about AK74M and I get sad again. An AKM would be awesome. It's the most produced assault rifle ever made I am positive there are a million in the Zone even if they aren't in the STALKER games. Plus on an OOC level there's millions of AKM/AK47 models out there for Source games unlike the Ak12 a lot of you are asking for that, as far as I know, doesn't have anyone making models.

lolKieck

How about no?

but
ukrainian armed forces don't even use them
The only rational guns we have added were the ones from World War 2 and FN FAL. We can add the G3, because it's actually used in the Zbrojni Syly Ukrajiny.
Also 10k for a WW2 gun which you can buy nearly anywhere as a hunting rifle (talking about Mosin) is an idea which should be shot on Stalin's orders. Mosin Nagant is a bolt-action rifle which has a small magazine and a really slow rate of fire. It should be a rookie weapon, if we are talking about equipment price too.

Also you can't change the way of RP works unless you'll change the way that players RP.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Spades_Neil

Quote from: knife_cz on 14-11-2012

GUNS! GUNS! GUNS! GUNS!
That was sarcasm, I can't really tell if you got it

This sarcasm thing is hard for an asspie like me.

Quote from: lolKieck on 14-11-2012
[...] Mosin Nagant is a bolt-action rifle which has a small magazine and a really slow rate of fire. It should be a rookie weapon, if we are talking about equipment price too.

Actually that's not such a terrible idea--some kind of bolt action weapon to compliment the TOZ or sawn-off as a low-tier weapon. However, I repeat, we need to fix existing features in the gamemode before adding new ones.

Tom

The AK-12 seems like a gun even less likely to make it to the zone than most of the guns that you folks say "ZOMG SOOPER RARE IMPOSIBRU TO GET HUR!" it only started being produced last year, probably only for Russian military units.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Corocan

Let's be honest, we don't need more guns. Even considering the act or possibly even trying to continue it's debate on this thread is a major waste of time.

Khorn

Honestly, a lot of things in this thread could be considered a waste of time.

Personally, it seems like this is all talk, no action. But I can't say I'm taking any action.

Corocan

It's a thread meant for suggestions, but we're not even the ones to whom the suggestions are up to. We're just backtracking each other into a directionless debate.

To be totally honest, we can't even take action yet. The server isn't up and Silver hasn't really released any details about what's going to be added/removed or even when it's going to resurface.

Rebel6609

*Ahem* What I personally would like to see, is an actual functioning Development team. Personally, that'd benefit SRP and HGN In general a whole lot more than most things. Having silver sit there and recoding things (whilst fucking some other thing up) doesn't exactly bring a lot of hope to people and is also a big part of the reason why we lack working content and a sizable playerbase. So, get working on a dev team, then fix the fucked up portions of our script, THEN add new shit. How about that? Everything else being discussed should be about what admins and players themselves can do to assist in making the environment itself more fun.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 15-11-2012
*Ahem* What I personally would like to see, is an actual functioning Development team. Personally, that'd benefit SRP and HGN In general a whole lot more than most things. Having silver sit there and recoding things (whilst fucking some other thing up) doesn't exactly bring a lot of hope to people and is also a big part of the reason why we lack working content and a sizable playerbase. So, get working on a dev team, then fix the fucked up portions of our script, THEN add new shit. How about that? Everything else being discussed should be about what admins and players themselves can do to assist in making the environment itself more fun.
Look.
A perfect example of good comment which points out what we need to talk about.
Instead of your stupid weapons.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: knife_cz on 15-11-2012
Look.

Finally. Except people have fucked over Silver in the past and now he's paranoid about sharing the code.

Risk verses reward, Silver. Are you going to just hire some numbskulls at random and say, "HEY, WANNA HELP HGN!?" Why not pick actual friends to help out? Or get to know someone, befriend them, then recruit their assistance... Either way please just hire someone. There's a lot of stuff broken in the script that a lone dev is never going to fix on his own.

darkzerxx

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 15-11-2012
Look.

Finally. Except people have fucked over Silver in the past and now he's paranoid about sharing the code.

Risk verses reward, Silver. Are you going to just hire some numbskulls at random and say, "HEY, WANNA HELP HGN!?" Why not pick actual friends to help out? Or get to know someone, befriend them, then recruit their assistance... Either way please just hire someone. There's a lot of stuff broken in the script that a lone dev is never going to fix on his own.
Didn't we have a dev team.. Or couldn't someone make a thread asking for support from our members?
Just my thought.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Dstirling

Quote from: darkzerxx on 15-11-2012
Look.

Didn't we have a dev team.. Or couldn't someone make a thread asking for support from our members?
Just my thought.

I like this idea, i agree that this would benefit HGN and if we can find some people that are in the community that are trustful it would be alot easier than finding someone and befriending them and bringing them into HGN.   

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Dstirling on 15-11-2012
people that are in the community that are trustful

And this is why we can't have nice things. The few people who are trustworthy already got up and left HGN, want no fucking part of an administrative or development position, or are useless to Silver as a dev.

When the hell did I become so cynical?

Also it doesn't help that when someone does come along who is actually helpful, Silver treats them with a paranoia and mockery that makes them want to leave and/or leak the code. If I had a nickle for every time I've heard; "(insert script writer) is a shitty scripter" I'd have enough money to hire a paid developer who could take the abuse.

jaik

Look.

Last 3 times we gave our FTP info to people like nofearkid or zer0, it always ended in our script being leaked and they were NOT random to HGN at that time, far from it.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Jake on 15-11-2012
Look.

Last 3 times we gave our FTP info to people like nofearkid or zer0, it always ended in our script being leaked and they were NOT random to HGN at that time, far from it.

I feel like just by looking at those names I never would have trusted either of those people. Nofearkid? Zer0? Those names alone just scream "I'm an internet tough guy lololol".

Regardless, scripts get leaked. That's just a fact we're going to have to accept.

nKe

I'm not part of gmod's "lets DDoS stuff and fuck everyone over"-scene so its hard for me to say anything, but I just don't see reason why people leak scripts, unless notable amounts of cash has something to do with it.

Anyways back to topic. SRP pl0x.

Tom

Raise weight limit from 10kgs (22 pounds) to like 40-60 kgs
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

jaik

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 16-11-2012
I feel like just by looking at those names I never would have trusted either of those people. Nofearkid? Zer0? Those names alone just scream "I'm an internet tough guy lololol".

I hope that was a joke, because if you really do judge people by their names then I'm not particularly  surprised why so many dislike you.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Knife_cz

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 16-11-2012
Stricter PermaKill Authorization Rules

What I didn't like: The PK policy (or there lack-of one).
Why I didn't like it: It's too easy to get a PK on someone.

What I want to see: Make some rules for PKs. My own policy for FORP was I had to have not only a good reason for a PK, but more than one person asking for the PK. I say policy as opposed to rule because it takes human judgement by an admin to decide if a PK request from one person is good enough to get the PK, or alternatively, if the PK request of 5 different people is still a stupid request because all the guy did was spit on their shoes or something.
Why I want it in SRP: People have been known to abuse the PK auths. It should be reserved for stuff worth permanently killing someone over, like infamous repeat-offender bandits or faction deserters. Not because some guy called you and your buddy names.
About Permament kills, they don't reall happen anyhow often - and they mostly do get valid and good reasons if someone is about to be PKed.
The only exception was when that failadmin and really one of the worst roleplayers I seen  - Dark Angel - returned, he PKed as SA atleast 3 people, almost even me.