New to STALKER

Started by Pyromaniac, 09-12-2008

Pyromaniac

Hey, I'm new to STALKER, but not Roleplay. Can someone explain the STALKER storyline, so I have a better understanding of what STALKER is...

Also, I hope this isn't the kind of RP where everyone has a gun >.>  :2guns:

Not trying to be offensives...
Basically, Been Role playing for 2 Years, and I burn shit.

Krieg

Quote from: Pyromaniac Also, I hope this isn't the kind of RP where everyone has a gun  >.>  :2guns:

It is.

Pyromaniac

Quote from: Krieg
Quote from: Pyromaniac Also, I hope this isn't the kind of RP where everyone has a gun  >.>   :2guns:

It is.

Are they trigger happy?

Rohok

Yes, very. But there's no reason why you wouldn't have fun. There's still some RP that goes on, and I think the trigger happy people make it a little more interesting. I'm a long time RP'er, and I have no trouble enjoying this server. And I normally do multi-paragraph and paragraph Role Play on forums 'n things.

::EDIT:: Honestly, this is the only S.T.A.L.K.E.R RP server that I can really enjoy. I think it's nice, and relaxed, however there is a substantial amount of RP going on. People aren't always the most literate, or most entusiastic, but I enjoy RP'ing and talking with all of them. Give it a try, if you need to know the story, I think this link could explain it way better than I could:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STALKER

However, the "Plot" section provides a butt load of spoilers. However, if you intend on beating the game, and only intend on obtaining one ending, I highly recommend reading the others after it. If you don't mind spoilers, then go right ahead and read it. The other information that is essential can be found before, and after the "Plot" section.

Pyromaniac

Anyone got an Idea for a RP last name for this server :dots:

Rohok

I have a few I wouldn't mind sharing.

Reikherd (First name: Davir)

Rinskovsky (First name: Pyotr)

Bohmer (First name: Lukas)

Rousseau (First name: Frank)

Carnage

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER!11!1!

MARK VUN VUTT THE VELL?

And Vityaz from Fyren. And Fyren from Silver. And really, it goes on. It's like a giant homo sex train

-Rohok Teyar

Sickness

Quoteand also the military.

What? We love Stalkers...and their pockets...and their Rubles...
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Yuri Fedorov

Quote from: Pyromaniac Hey, I'm new to STALKER, but not Roleplay. Can someone explain the STALKER storyline, so I have a better understanding of what STALKER is...

Also, I hope this isn't the kind of RP where everyone has a gun  >.>  :2guns:

Not trying to be offensives...

Without revealing too much of the plot...

In real-life 1986, there was an incident at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Soviet Russia. The accident destroyed Reactor 4 of the power plant and spread nuclear material via the fires which ignited the graphite moderator rods. The area around the CNPP was called the Zone of Exclusion, because the fallout had made many places uninhabitable or dangerous. For example, they had to tear up the trees in the "Red Forest" and bury them underground; the reason it was called the "Red Forest" was that the trees actually glowed bright orange due to the fallout. Many of the first-responders died because the Soviet government did not inform them of the dangers of radiation.

In the game, all these events happened, but a second Chernobyl disaster occurred in 2006. It consisted of a mysterious, huge emission of radiation that enlarged the Zone of Exclusion and caused the Zone to become filled with "anomalies". These anomalies are basically small locations where the rules of physics do not apply. One might be about as wide as a road, for example. One anomaly, called Whirlygig, is nearly invisible except for a ripple effect. Anything caught in a Whirlygig gets tossed up into the air and crushed by the forces of gravity. These anomalies tend to generate Artifacts, which are extremely rare and extremely expensive objects which are often highly valued by scientists. The artifacts can have various properties; some make the wearer less vulnerable to radiation, some make them less vulnerable to bullet fire, etc.

Another hazard of the Zone are mutants. The 2006 incident mutated the inhabitants of the Zone, creating things such as Pseudodogs; basically, mutated superdogs that hunt down STALKERS in packs. There are some even more dangerous mutants, such as the Bloodsucker... he can cloak himself until he attacks, where he tries to suck out your blood with his tentacles. And there are worse...

In addition, there are various groups in the Zone. The Loners have no affiliation and these are probably the most common. "Duty" believes that the Zone needs to be controlled and therefore work to help clear out mutants and basically keep the Zone secure. "Freedom" believes that the Zone's secrets should be shared with all, and is at constant war with Duty. Mercenaries and Military are people who came in from outside for various reasons. Bandits try to kill other people for their artifacts, gear, etc. Basically criminals.

If you enter the Zone illegally (which is what everyone but the Military did -- the government does NOT want you in here), you are a STALKER: Scavenger, Trespasser, Adventurer, Loner, Killer, Explorer, Robber.
Yuri Fedorov - Applicant to DUTY
Vitaly Tarasov - Explorer of the ZONE

Bagelz

Hey, if I see you on the server, feel free to ask Bagelz for help. I'll help you out because you seem like one of the actual nice players. If you need a job I'll set some up for ya.

Sickness

Quote from: SicKNeSS
Quoteand also the military.

What? We love Stalkers...and their pockets...and their Rubles...
Don't you dare edit my post again >:(
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Who Dares Wins

Odd, I posted it as a reply.

*Shrugs*