Half Life 2 RP - Yay or Nay?

Started by D33tly, 16-08-2012

Should we try another HL2RP with D33tly as SV?

Yes
5 (19.2%)
No
19 (73.1%)
Can't Decide
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: 20-08-2012

D33tly

Hey, I've been brainstorming recently for ideas for a Half Life 2 RP, and I am really hoping that HGN can get theirs back. I've seen what happened before, and what ruined it, and I would do my very best, aswell as make sure the admins do their best, to keep those things from repeating. Basicly, i've seen what needs to be done is this:

- Admin support, A.K.A. Get your asses on the server, admins.

- More shit for Civies to do, I plan to make a certain part of the map a place to work for the combine for rations, and a rank (Ex: 03 and above) can open it and begin a work shift. Aswell as more combine oppressing (No, that doesn't mean beating, it means making sure less open talkin on the streets, more home searches, and more short slums raids)

- More Rebel activity, No not the Rambo rebels, I mean they will be putting posters up in the slums, and maybe some in the plaza or housing blocks, etc.

Please vote, and please no trolling.

Blake.H

Unlocked seeing as this is a serious discussion. Next time inform me of trolling i do actually look at the "Reported Posts" you know.

Thanks.

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Steven :D

Quote from: D33tly on 16-08-2012
Hey, I've been brainstorming recently for ideas for a Half Life 2 RP, and I am really hoping that HGN can get theirs back. I've seen what happened before, and what ruined it, and I would do my very best, aswell as make sure the admins do their best, to keep those things from repeating. Basicly, i've seen what needs to be done is this:

- Admin support, A.K.A. Get your asses on the server, admins.

- More shit for Civies to do, I plan to make a certain part of the map a place to work for the combine for rations, and a rank (Ex: 03 and above) can open it and begin a work shift. Aswell as more combine oppressing (No, that doesn't mean beating, it means making sure less open talkin on the streets, more home searches, and more short slums raids)

- More Rebel activity, No not the Rambo rebels, I mean they will be putting posters up in the slums, and maybe some in the plaza or housing blocks, etc.

Please vote, and please no trolling.

Sharrock said the same thing, look what happened to him. Judas also said the same thing, look what happened to him. HL2RP in HGN won't work because the people put in charge are half - assed and biased as fuck in HL2RP. If you want HL2RP go play somewhere else IMO because HGN's usually crashes and burns because the playerbase just goes back to SRP/Crussaria, maybe for GM13 this would be a different story, but its hard as fuck to have anything added onto the server because exile doesn't give anybody FTP access to upload / add sweps / items etc.

D33tly

Quote from: Steven :D on 17-08-2012
Quote from: D33tly on 16-08-2012
-Snappy snue-

Sharrock said the same thing, look what happened to him. Judas also said the same thing, look what happened to him. HL2RP in HGN won't work because the people put in charge are half - assed and biased as fuck in HL2RP. If you want HL2RP go play somewhere else IMO because HGN's usually crashes and burns because the playerbase just goes back to SRP/Crussaria, maybe for GM13 this would be a different story, but its hard as fuck to have anything added onto the server because exile doesn't give anybody FTP access to upload / add sweps / items etc.

I know I wont be inactive (Just look at my time in DUTY, most boring job EVER and I stayed on for like 6 hours a day  alone on DUTY when I was in it). That doesn't mean ill stay on the server for 6 hours at a time alone, since I have school to work on and shit, but I will spend quite some time on the server, and invite the shit out of people when nobody is on etc. I wont be inactive, i'll o my best to make it interesting, as well as try and keep the civilians as top priority to keep interesting.

jaik

Quote from: Longlostblake on 17-08-2012
Unlocked seeing as this is a serious discussion. Next time inform me of trolling i do actually look at the "Reported Posts" you know.

Thanks.

It wasn't trolling, but okay.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Knife_cz

Alright so instead of typing 'You can see what happend before, and it will totaly fail, and we all know it'.
Ill just say this : Why should HGN have HL2 RP, when there are FAR more popular HL2 RP servers? Not to mention how many mingebags N' retards join this.

You must be retarded to think that this will work after 4 or more unsuccessfull attempts.

nKe

You know, it doesn't allways need to be that generic city17's boring ass citizen "RP" or "lol I joinz rebelz and B kewl Gurdun Furrymang"
What about something new?
Leave the city, there's more interesting shit going on elsewhere. Little village owned by refugees/rebels? More antlions?
Why not make a Combine vs Antlion RP? Starshit troopers RP works so why wouldn't that work?

Knife_cz

Quote from: Nik3 on 17-08-2012
You know, it doesn't allways need to be that generic city17's boring ass citizen "RP" or "lol I joinz rebelz and B kewl Gurdun Furrymang"
What about something new?
Leave the city, there's more interesting shit going on elsewhere. Little village owned by refugees/rebels? More antlions?
Why not make a Combine vs Antlion RP? Starshit troopers RP works so why wouldn't that work?
You are retarded then I guess.

HGN + Any HL2 rp themed = no.

nKe

If done properly without adding too much useless shit into the servers canon, HL2RP can work in HGN.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Nik3 on 17-08-2012
If done properly without adding too much useless shit into the servers canon, HL2RP can work in HGN.

Alright, lets make HL2RP again, with 'custom canon because it will 100% help.
First day, everyone from srp/frp/crussaria/SW:RP moves to HL2RP, server has 15-20 servers
Second day, admins are online with 5 more people, other people returned to their servers
Third day, only admins are online, no people because HGN is not adverting anywhere (Unless on Facepunch where everyone hates us somehow)
Fourth day, the server is dead, another retarded thread 'What to do now?' 'Why is server dead? 'Activity?' 'Change of map?Change of XXX'
Fifth day, server shut down.

No, you are just retarded if you think that HL2RP would work
End of debate. No HL2RP unless you are retarded.
I mean seriously, it WOULD die and we all know it.

Don't even bother replying. Lock the thread or something, this wouldn't even get us any players.

deluxulous

HL2RP has always been a management issue and nothing more. Unless Exile puts competent people already in the community in charge, it will fail every time.

And on that note, I will put myself down for "Can't decide" because unless we could see how the management positions are filled, I don't have a positive or negative opinion.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: PistolKid on 17-08-2012
HL2RP has always been a management issue and nothing more. Unless Exile puts competent people already in the community in charge, it will fail every time.

D33tly

So (some) people agree it's a management issue.... You cant let me try managing it?

Khorn

Deetly, can you even manage a server? You barely lead Enclave before you quit.

And HGN has too few layers to split to a 4thplayer server and fill management positions.

As for advertising, we cannot use FP anymore, HGN is hated by the GMod subsection. Just look at the Crussaria thread. Also, advertising isn't allowed over there.

D33tly

I cant manage it by myself, but yes I can manage one with help. Enclave was just that, hard to get ideas for events because it's just a killing machine with no feelings for what it kills (They don't really have feelings towards them because they think of them as vermin) so you cant be very creative with events. Cause most population on FRP is what they want to kill.

Frostee

Lets not do it and say we did....again.

Lent23

Hey guys how about SRP, because it's not like that needs people, rather than adding another server that failed multiple times before. :S
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Plunger

Paintcheck

Quote from: knife_cz on 17-08-2012
Alright so instead of typing 'You can see what happend before, and it will totaly fail, and we all know it'.
Ill just say this : Why should HGN have HL2 RP, when there are FAR more popular HL2 RP servers? Not to mention how many mingebags N' retards join this.

You must be retarded to think that this will work after 4 or more unsuccessfull attempts.

/thread.

The only idea for an RP server that would be worse than this would be one based on post apocalyptic furry cybersex (which may or may not be what Fallout is/was...)

ThY

Knife_cz

Quote from: ThY on 18-08-2012
Deja vu
Just
Please
Lock this
Don't let us suffer anymore, the idea is too stupid

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Paintcheck on 18-08-2012
Quote from: knife_cz on 17-08-2012

/thread.

The only idea for an RP server that would be worse than this would be one based on post apocalyptic furry cybersex (which may or may not be what Fallout is/was...)

I would play that and donate for it.

nKe

Bump because this is totally an awesome idea!

Kelse

let me say no, god dammit no, last time it was lead by a person that apparently went to jail (?) and the server failed, not to mention the t posing combine and it's just in general a bad idea. no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no too many minges no support from me * 1000

the permaban queen.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Nik3 on 22-08-2012
Bump because this is totally an awesome idea!
Can't tell if really that retarded
Or just retarded

Bad 'admin' suggesting bad server.
Good idea itself.