Natural Selection

Started by Barlow, 02-08-2012

Barlow

Since Natural Selection 2 is on it's way I think we should possibly have a server for the original, it is a quick download considering it's a mod for Half-Life and for the people complaining about this been another generic mod this mod is pretty much the dominator of all Half-Life mods.

What is the Game About?

Natural Selection
blends first-person combat with real-time strategy. It features intense "marines vs. aliens" teamplay, where one marine can becomeCommander. The Commander plays from a top-down perspective and leads live players.The alienscan evolve upgrades like "Cloaking" and "Scent of Fear", and can change lifeforms to run on walls, fly, and even devour marines whole.NS has atmospheric indoor sci-fi environments full of steam and smoke, and features custom orchestral music from the award-winning Jeremy Soule.It is a freely-available Half-life modification, and since its release in October of 2002, has had over 2 million downloads, and had been played for 2 billion player-minutes.

Video:

Natural Selection v3.0 trailer

Why Should We Consider This?
This is a strategy game I think alot of people can have fun on since it's such a balanced game-play and if us as a community played this game I think we could get some fun competitive game-play out of it.

Download

Bl★ck Star

+support

Love this game, I also preorderd Natural Selection 2 like 2 years ago when it just started to be developed.

Barlow

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 02-08-2012
+support

Love this game, I also preorderd Natural Selection 2 like 2 years ago when it just started to be developed.

That's great to know since I have pre-ordered it too, but I have had to contact them for not receiving the closed beta.

Silver Knight

We have had a natural selection server twice in the past. It's good fun yes but was not used much after a month or so.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Barlow

Quote from: Last.Exile on 03-08-2012
We have had a natural selection server twice in the past. It's good fun yes but was not used much after a month or so.

Is it possible we could temporarily have a server for it considering that the hype is starting up again due to
the close release of Natural Selection 2?

nKe

Would be fun to have the server up again.