Gmod 13 Release?

Started by pilot, 26-07-2012

pilot

Gmod 13 has a release date now. 24 of September. Is all our stuff ready for this? Cause a lot is going to break and Garry put something up to prevent that.

All information is on the garrysmod.com website. But this also could mean that we can update our gamemode to being less buggy and look more beautiful. Now that this is happening what if we play with the post processing settings? Make it look more... Apocalyptic themed with all the dynamic lighting that will be involved in this.

Tom

Doesn't matter if it breaks or not.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

pilot

Tom

>Peak hours on Gmod during the summer.

>0/45 SRP and 2/45 on FRP

Looks pre' dead bro.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

ThY

Quote from: Tom on 26-07-2012
>Peak hours on Gmod during the summer.

>0/45 SRP and 2/45 on FRP

Looks pre' dead bro.
Srp isn't that bad! There were 14 people on srp three days ago (24th). We've infact recently welcomed five newcomers to SRP who seem to be enthusiastic. Just, every admin except me, dark, and rebel are inactive and claim they are on suspicously when everyone is sleeping. other than that, yeah, frp and srp are both equally dead.

SK's got his shit sorted for the update, don't worry pilot!

Kelse

Silver probably doesn't know enough LUA to fix Nexus, Nexus is gonna be fucked after the update, new derma, no datastream.

the permaban queen.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Kelse on 26-07-2012
Silver probably doesn't know enough LUA to fix Nexus, Nexus is gonna be fucked after the update, new derma, no datastream.

I do consider myself to have the capability to do so however i won't be using nexus for various reasons in gmod 13. One of which is that it will be broken the extent of it being easier to find a better alternative script to base future development upon.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

nKe

Quote from: Last.Exile on 27-07-2012

I do consider myself to have the capability to do so however i won't be using nexus for various reasons in gmod 13. One of which is that it will be broken the extent of it being easier to find a better alternative script to base future development upon.

Just recreate cakescript, not a big deal. harharhar

lolKieck

Quote from: Nik3 on 27-07-2012
Quote from: Last.Exile on 27-07-2012

Just recreate cakescript, not a big deal. harharhar
Don't piss off the worldspawn nKe
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

pilot

Well good to know that were ready for Gmod 13. Maybe we can do some post processing updates too with the new 13 update.

Spades_Neil

Everyone's off the servers for a number of reasons. FRP they're off because I flat out announced we're having updates and I'm going to lock out the server (which I finally just now locked) and so most regulars go, "Well, why get on now? Everything is broken anyway." Which it is. No one wants to play on a broken, unbalanced server.

SRP, I just don't visit anymore because of a terrible "RP" last time I was on. Those of you who know what I'm talking about know exactly what incident I'm speaking of. Those who do not know, well, I'm not going to put any thoughts in your head because that would be unfair. If it's gotten better, it's gotten better. If it hasn't, well that explains the amount of dead.

As for Gmod 13, hopefully Garry isn't a complete twat and it'll be simple enough to convert things to the new game mode.

Steven :D

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 30-07-2012
Everyone's off the servers for a number of reasons. FRP they're off because I flat out announced we're having updates and I'm going to lock out the server (which I finally just now locked) and so most regulars go, "Well, why get on now? Everything is broken anyway." Which it is. No one wants to play on a broken, unbalanced server.

SRP, I just don't visit anymore because of a terrible "RP" last time I was on. Those of you who know what I'm talking about know exactly what incident I'm speaking of. Those who do not know, well, I'm not going to put any thoughts in your head because that would be unfair. If it's gotten better, it's gotten better. If it hasn't, well that explains the amount of dead.

As for Gmod 13, hopefully Garry isn't a complete twat and it'll be simple enough to convert things to the new game mode.
It died because somebody fucked up the trader system so bad that nobody wants to play trader anymore

darkzerxx

Quote from: Steven :D on 30-07-2012
Quote from: Spades_Neil on 30-07-2012

It died because somebody fucked up the trader system so bad that nobody wants to play trader anymore
Dat right there!^
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Kelse

it doesn't matter about conversion, garry is fuckin' everything up, derma, datastream is dead and gone even though nexus splits up data, and there's more to come. everything. will. be. fucked.

the permaban queen.

ThY

Quote from: Kelse on 30-07-2012
it doesn't matter about conversion, garry is fuckin' everything up, derma, datastream is dead and gone even though nexus splits up data, and there's more to come. everything. will. be. fucked.
the last horse has crossed the finishing line. yes, we have established that things will break.

Kelse

Quote from: ThY on 31-07-2012
Quote from: Kelse on 30-07-2012
the last horse has crossed the finishing line. yes, we have established that things will break.

jesus christ thy, I've known that for a while but Pilot is saying "I HOPE WE CAN ADD NEW STUFF!" I was establishing it's all derma and datastream related shit making it more of a task then it will need to be, there's much better stuff on the way and there's no point in converting Nexus, a framework from 2010 to a game from 2012, as well as we don't need new features if the servers are dead as it is. we need to work on getting players.

the permaban queen.