Crussaria. . . I want it back, you?

Started by Chippy, 20-07-2012

Tom

My faction used to be active like yours once. . . But then I took a huge city map to the knee.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

jaik

Play Aceon or Terraria RP if you want a very free RP environment. Crussaria is an unnecessary weight on HGN nowadays...
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Dragon

Aha, Crussaria. A big stain on my memory.
Yeah, I remember it, it would be nice to have back now that I don't have an Egocentric bastard who is trying to jam his dick into every mechanic of lore, just so he can get even more attention to his Demon family, it was nothing more than a gigantic cluster-fuck that was doomed to fail.

Plus, I'm not sure if the other guy still decides to poke his nose into business around here, but quite frankly; I couldn't give a shit, he was also part of the problem since he got in the way of efforts to try and fix up the server, and would always cause raging arguments with the Egocentric admin which got in the way of progress. The whole team was a fucking shitfest, but I was reluctant to speak out and protest since I just wanted the damn thing up to speed.

As I was told once, when we bring up a new server, we're not trying to otherwise divert the playerbase to a new server, we're trying to attract new players by showing something that looks promising to them, something that they could enjoy.
We weren't going to do that with what we had on the table at the time, it needed a /complete/ overhaul, but nobody could do that since every idea needed to be verified by the Supervisors, or we weren't capable of doing it since either our server/forum powers were limited, or the idea was just outright denied.

Now, I don't know about you, but I know that people jump to things that they recognize; People who liked HL2 and Stalker went to those roleplays respectively, but "|HGN| Crussaria is a unique name, it's only going to get the attention of the curious as opposed to someone who might look at something called "|HGN| The Elder Scrolls RP" and immediately jump for it because the first things that come to mind are Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim.
Fantasy RP is a really good standpoint for a server, but the point is this; we need to change a lot of things in Crussaria for it to work (Read: Gather attention and allow it to stick), or alternatively replace it with something that's recognized (E.G: TES RP)

Edit:

Oh, I still have my old title, how ironic. It's a shame I'll probably never get to use it again.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Maxi96203

Quote from: Jake on 21-07-2012
Play Aceon if you want a very free RP environment. Crussaria is an unnecessary weight on HGN nowadays...

This

Crussaria wouldn't go well.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Kelse

i joined crussaria, once, never again.
That's all I have to say on this topic, the lore was extremely overdone and just too complicated, people basically called me a retard because I didn't want to read 3 posts worth of information, so I'm saying no on this one, but I do agree with the idea SRP is way to main server/faction based, that's another topic though. And if you're leaving because you don't have your way, go ahead, I don't think myself or anyone else will want to or try to stop you.

the permaban queen.

Dragon

Quote from: Kelse on 21-07-2012
i joined crussaria, once, never again.
That's all I have to say on this topic, the lore was extremely overdone and just too complicated, people basically called me a retard because I didn't want to read 3 posts worth of information, so I'm saying no on this one, but I do agree with the idea SRP is way to main server/faction based, that's another topic though.

I don't blame you. The lore was horribly written and was patchy anyhow. It only gave you a few things that barely helped at all, which is why we needed to fix it up. Heck, the Admin team that was active at the time even attempted to fix it, but the fighting going on between two of them prevented any work from being done. It died a tragic death shortly after.

Might I add, others shared the same opinion about the Lore.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Syndraell

Play Aceon or Terraria RP if you want a very free RP environment. Crussaria is an unnecessary weight on HGN nowadays...

3D or 2D? your choice.

I'm not going to say that which one is the best. I'm just going to say go with whichever one of these you're more comfortable with.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Ragolution

Quote from: James Almasy on 21-07-2012

3D or 2D? your choice.

I'm not going to say that which one is the best. I'm just going to say go with whichever one of these you're more comfortable with.

Just say Aceon is better already

Pawx

My Opinion? Fuck Star Wars Roleplay, it sounds fucking stupid.

Crussaria had potential, it combined RPG elements and Serious Roleplay together, It felt good. But like most of the servers, they die off very slowly, like stalker roleplay. If it had a bit more attention and had more people working on the project, it could of came out of alpha and would of been a success. But of course, jump to new project, star wars, what a surprise. Why did Crussaria die off? Most of HGN's Regulars left, and in came the newfags that wanted something better. Then Star Wars Roleplay was born. I may be wrong about this, but it's my opinion and really, new people coming in and wanting something better makes the most sense.

In the end, Paintcheck's post made the most sense of this thread, Gmod RP is pretty much dead. If I had to Serious Roleplay again on Gmod, (which I can barely take seriously anymore) I would probably choose between Crussaria and Deadfall (yes Deadfall, it made my dick rock hard.)

Maxi96203

Give an idea that when terribly wrong some time and everyone will hop on it's dick again.

Just like Vanilla World of Warcraft

ThY

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 21-07-2012
Give an idea that when terribly wrong some time and everyone will hop on it's dick again.

Just like Vanilla World of Warcraft
And the two/three hl2 roleplays we did. I bet we have another sometime soon too.

jaik

Quote from: Pawx on 21-07-2012
My Opinion? Fuck Star Wars Roleplay, it sounds fucking stupid.

Crussaria had potential, it combined RPG elements and Serious Roleplay together, It felt good. But like most of the servers, they die off very slowly, like stalker roleplay. If it had a bit more attention and had more people working on the project, it could of came out of alpha and would of been a success. But of course, jump to new project, star wars, what a surprise. Why did Crussaria die off? Most of HGN's Regulars left, and in came the newfags that wanted something better. Then Star Wars Roleplay was born. I may be wrong about this, but it's my opinion and really, new people coming in and wanting something better makes the most sense.

In the end, Paintcheck's post made the most sense of this thread, Gmod RP is pretty much dead. If I had to Serious Roleplay again on Gmod, (which I can barely take seriously anymore) I would probably choose between Crussaria and Deadfall (yes Deadfall, it made my dick rock hard.)

I like how you manage to contradict yourself in both parts of your post. SWRP or other projects have no relation to Crussaria's death. The content for Crussaria we had was simply overwhelming. It was something like 5 GB? We didn't need more, but Silver kept focusing on making it unique by making more instead of advertising. Most of the people left because Crussaria had a bad administration and flawed policies. What newfags are you talking about??? The last sentences are just what.

Paintcheck stated that Garry's Mod is not a place for serious RP and you claim to completely agree with it. Yet you say that Skyrim or Zombie RP made by HGN could have a potential for actual serious RP you see outside of GMod?

Get your damn mind straight

nKe

We haven't tried Zombie RP yet.
name it xXxDayZ|_{mlg}-:-RP_|x and the server will be filled with kids 24/7

Lent23

Quote from: Nik3 on 22-07-2012
DayZ RP in Arma
Solves the "No serious RP in Gmod" problem
Oh wait, why not just play DayZ anyways?
Social interaction of murdering people from being too scared to converse with them.
It's pretty much roleplaying
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Maxi96203

Quote from: Lent23 on 22-07-2012
Quote from: Nik3 on 22-07-2012
DayZ RP in Arma
Solves the "No serious RP in Gmod" problem
Oh wait, why not just play DayZ anyways?
Social interaction of murdering people from being too scared to converse with them.
It's pretty much roleplaying

Because DayZ is absolute shit.

Ket

Maxi, you don't like anybody and nobody likes you.

And besides, why did you even bother repling to Brandon...
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Maxi96203

Quote from: Ket on 22-07-2012
Maxi, you don't like anybody and nobody likes you.

And besides, why did you even bother repling to Brandon...

Shiiit

jaik

I would totally support our own Day Z server.

Ket

Kill each other for the gear, I love how this thread escalated.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)