Source Filmmaker Idea

Started by pilot, 30-06-2012

pilot

So, I bet most of us know about the Source Filmmaker release. And how it's a beta still. Now I made a small connection recently. Remember how Spades wanted to make advertisement videos for Fallout Roleplay? Well their is a possibility that ties into Source Filmmaker. Well I first thought. Because Source Filmmaker is a new cool beta and all the videos that come out for it get like 100,000 hits in 3 minutes because its the new cool engine, maybe we can tie that in to Fallout Roleplay and make videos somehow to promote it. Off the top of my head we could do something like "Meet the Waster" and do some small skit with that. The possibilities are endless with this and I bet you guys can come up with 1,000,000 more ideas then me. So, I applied for the beta of Source Filmmaker, but it's a small chance I'll actually get it. But if I do, I was thinking of starting something like that. I just started to get more advanced into the field of animation, and because I am still learning the ropes I bet there are people in the Hyper Gamer Network community that know more then I do. So...I'll put that one on the table. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks!

nKe

Ket

1. No

2. Ever heard if 'paragraphs'

3. Isn't source film maker a beta, only for TF2?
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

jaik

Quote from: Ket on 01-07-2012
3. Isn't source film maker a beta, only for TF2?

SFM has been used to create stuff like HL2 trailers so no I don't think so.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

pilot

Eh I knew it would be turned down from the start. But I at least got that thought into your brain.

jaik

Quote from: pilot on 01-07-2012
Eh I knew it would be turned down from the start.

HGN.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Redbark

Quote from: pilot on 01-07-2012
Eh I knew it would be turned down from the start. But I at least got that thought into your brain.

Signed up for the beta

If possible, and I get good at the system, I will TRY

That is if I am accepted.

EDIT: I do not play the fallout RP. But HGN servers aren't getting populated that much.

pilot

SFM or no SFM Im thinking of doing a movie for FRP. Not in-game low quality movie. But a short that promotes us. Something like Day in a life of _______. That sort of thing. If anyone is interested in this and are serious to do a high quality video. PM me.

D33tly

Day in the life of...

Waster - Get robbed / shot then sit around town.

Brotherhood - Bunker... Sit.... Patrol.. bunker...

Enclave - Shoot ALL the wasters.

NCR - "Whats that lassie? Gear down the well?"

Raider - I'm on k-k-k-Cocaine!!!!!!!

Bandit - "Whats that lassie? Gear on that waster?"

Don't see which would make the best movie...
Jk, I love FORP :P

Ket

I have an idea...

'Jamal Experiences the Wasteland'

This could work you guys.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Spades_Neil

Quote from: D33tly on 05-07-2012
Day in the life of...

I will make it best movie damn it.

Soon as my PC is fucking repaired. I swear, those assholes at Microseconds are taking forever to fix my PC on purpose. It's been over 2 weeks now.

Steven :D

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 14-07-2012
Day in the life of...

Soon as my PC is fucking repaired. I swear, those assholes at Microseconds are taking forever to fix my PC on purpose. It's been over 2 weeks now.

They have to remove ACE and all of its addons like ACRE before they get to finally fixing it, spades. I thought you knew this proceedure.

nKe

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 14-07-2012
Day in the life of...

Why not just fix it yourself?

Ket

(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

pilot

Well in good news. I got Source Filmmaker a few hours before it became live. Hooray for that.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Nik3 on 15-07-2012
Why not just fix it yourself?

Last time I tried playing with computer hardware, my computer exploded on fire.

Pretty much did the same thing this time so I'd like not to make it worse because the motherboard survived this time. I hope.

Ket

That's what happened to a friend recently, his fan was dusty and wasn't working so one of the cables fried.

That could be it. Spades, grow some balls and go to that store and make yourself clear.

I mean come on, two weeks and still nothing? That's bullshit.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

nKe

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 15-07-2012
Last time I tried playing with computer hardware, my computer exploded on fire.
I think having PSU turned on is not smart when you remove the cables, especially when PSU is broken.
Here, a nice todo list:

-Turn PSU off before removing cables from PSU.
-Unplug it too.
-Install new PSU
-Plug everything back.
-Clean dust.
-turn PSU on
-Save money and time.

Extra epic special trick in case your PC explodes into flames: Fill a huge bowl with babyoil/mineraloil, drop all your PC parts in there
(except HDD, since they are stupid and break coz of moving parts).
Now you can have fun with PC without worrying about it exploding into flames. Oh, and you don't even need fans anymore.

Oh and if someone needs experienced clip editor, feel free to ask me, I currently don't have any projects under work.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Ket on 15-07-2012
That's what happened to a friend recently, his fan was dusty and wasn't working so one of the cables fried.

That could be it. Spades, grow some balls and go to that store and make yourself clear.

I mean come on, two weeks and still nothing? That's bullshit.

Way ahead of you. Already planning to go tomorrow and kindly inquire why the fuck no one is returning my calls.

pilot

Progress update: Lots of stuff learned in SFM. For starters, I figured out how to import HGN models into it. Also anyone who wants to learn or learn with me or even do a video with me if interested just pm me. Im very interested in SFM.