Barkeeping Missions

Started by Locke, 07-12-2008

Locke

[center]Barkeeping Missions[/center]

The purpose of barkeeping missions is to keep Stalkers and such people, busy during Rp events. Missions can range from killing a stalker, to collecting pills for the barkeeper's gas. As a barkeeper, I know that missions keep stalkers rather passive, and busy. However, recently, some people have been doing some not so great things during missions.

- Killing people who have mission Items.
- Deathmatching a large group of people doing a mission for no reason
- Deleting or hiding mission items.

First of all, killing people who have got the mission Item, such as a gascan or an artifact, its totally un-acceptable. Even with RP its not very courtly to do so.

Second of all, Killing people that are Rping or doing a mission, just because its an easy kill, is flat out DUMB. (This means dynomite abusing too )

Thirdy, Deleting, shooting, destroying, or hiding mission items is not very nice and just causes problems.

How missions help everyone

Loners and Vet Stalkers: Helps the newer people get aquanted with Stalker rp, and lets vets develop their character.

Freedom, Duty, Mono: Same as the Vet Stalker reason, and helps faction members bond and rp with each other.

Merc: Lets mercs get familiar with taking orders, and lets expert or veterans of mercenary work practice the skills.

Military: This is a very important one: Military gets to sit around a bloody checkpoint for hours on end, sometimes letting Stalkers by, and MAYBE OCCASSIONALLY shooting someone trying to run through. Missions let the barkeep help these guys out, and spice their life up, by setting up missions PAST the checkpoint, so that the military can let people through, and so that they get a little pocket change.

Economy: In the first few days of stalker, when the server was just starting up people didnt have any money to buy weapons, and the barkeepers didnt have any money to pay for missions being done. Now, with standard mission rewards of around 100-300 Ru, stalkers and vets, and just about everyone else, is starting to buy weapons and beers and what not. This means that the economy is picking up, and is getting a little more realistic, on a system of supply and demand.

Oh, and it keeps me occupied :3

Locke

MikeyTWolf

:clap: :clap: :rockon: :clap: :clap:

'nuff said.

Who Dares Wins

One note to Traders, unlike on Hybrid's server the Artifacts actually count as items like guns/food etc meaning you can pocket them and they can't be deleted.

Tunddruff

I remember when i set up 3 missions when the serer started... then the server crashed just as i tell Locke about them -.-

Locke

Quote from: Tunddruff I remember when i set up 3 missions when the serer started... then the server crashed just as i tell Locke about them -.-

Poor bastard Q__Q

Krieg

There is an interesting thing:

Most of the times, factions don't even set up bases, and factions usually give out missions too..

Tunddruff

Quote from: Krieg There is an interesting thing:

Most of the times, factions don't even set up bases, and factions usually give out missions too..

Have you ever stepped foot in the Freedom base when im on? There IS ALWAYS a base... there is never a DUTY one... cause well they dont currently have much... Population at the moment.

Yuri Fedorov

Quote from: Tunddruff

Have you ever stepped foot in the Freedom base when im on? There IS ALWAYS a base... there is never a DUTY one... cause well they dont currently have much... Population at the moment.

That should change soon... MWHAAHAH
Yuri Fedorov - Applicant to DUTY
Vitaly Tarasov - Explorer of the ZONE

Bagelz

NEED....RANDOM....STASHES. Nuff said

Tunddruff

Quote from: Yuri Fedorov
Quote from: Tunddruff

That should change soon... MWHAAHAH

Good, i want to take some Hostages :)